Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Season Opener: Seahawks @ Colts, September 12, 2021, 1pm ET

NFLfan

Hello there, Colts Fans. NFL football is back. :yahoo:

Your Indianapolis Colts kick off this 17-game season at home playing an inter-conference game against the Seattle Seahawks.

This should be fun to watch. Surprising to me, Carson Wentz is expected to start. His OL should give him protection to maximize his strengths, helping him to return to his former MVP-level. Having RB Jonathan Taylor should help Carson quite a bit. The defense will have DeForest Buckner, Darius Leonard, and rookie Qwity Paye who will make his NFL debut. However, CB Xavier Rhodes DE Kemoko Turay are out as is OT Eric Fisher.

Excited? Optimistic? Hopeful?  Enjoy it.

Good Luck!!! :colts:

Watch/Listen/Stream Colts games

Note: Do not post illegal streaming sites. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

• NFLfan unlocked this topic

Thanks for posting the game day thread. The Colts enter their 38th season here in Indianapolis and I am happy to post this (1984-2021). We have been a franchise that has been very good if not great in reality.

In 37 seasons the Colts have accomplished a lot:

1 SB win = 2006

2 SB appearances = 2006, 2009

5 AFC Title Game appearances = 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014

19 Playoff appearances = 1987, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018, 2020

-The most important notables. We have made the playoffs over 50% of the time while in Indy!

We have had QB's here in Indy such as Jim Harbaugh (1994-1997), Peyton Manning (1998-2011), Andrew Luck (2012-2018), and Philip Rivers in 2020. Can Carson Wentz be the next great? We will find out shortly. Can Jonathan Taylor be our next Eric Dickerson? Stay tuned folks. All in all, my prediction for tomorrow's game is the Colts win 24-20 over Russ and his team in front of a loud sold out crowd. Go Colts!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Let’s get loud today 12th man!!! Astonished by how many Seahawk fans that are here in town. With that being said, roof is closed and Lucas Oil will be rocking! I’m praying Colt fans bring the juice today, I know I’m walking out of there with no voice. Ground and pound today, the 4 horsemen and Carson will control the clock and bring home the victory! Go Blue!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Anyone attending the Colts game? One day I have to go to a game in Indy.

Today I'm going to the Broncos @ Giants game. It is at 4:25. 

Enjoy all the games!

I'll be watching the Broncos game with my parents since I live in Colorado. Maybe you'll be on TV! I'll just assume the hottest looking girl I see in the crowd is you! haha :thmup:

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Anyone attending the Colts game? One day I have to go to a game in Indy.

Today I'm going to the Broncos @ Giants game. It is at 4:25. 

Enjoy all the games!

No I am going to sit in my recliner in 70 degree air conditioner, I have a big bag of Hot Wings that I am going to cook around 1230 and a 12 pack of strong beer. I love opening day. It's here folks!

• Like 4

I’m biking (bicycle) to a local bar and bringing an iPad with the nflsunday ticket to watch if they’re not carrying the game.  I’ll ride back at half time to watch on the big screen.  

@Archer I know you’re in mass but not sure if you’re near holliston where I’ll be watching. Anyone else from MA can come to Casey’s pub if you want 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic a little but this is football. Who is everyone's pick for the SB? I don't feel like making a thread regarding that, if someone does that would be cool. I have GB over Buffalo in the SB. Rodgers gets #2. I have us making the playoffs at 11-6 FWIW. If Wentz pans out we may only be a year away.

I put money on Indy at 22-1 back in March so I’ll stick/hope with that 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I put money on Indy at 22-1 back in March so I’ll stick/hope with that 

If you just put 100 on it that would be 2200 dollars :thmup:. We should've beat Buffalo last year but because of seeding I think the Bills will have it easy (at least in round 1) in the playoffs more than likely. I see them being a 2 seed at worse. I hope we get another shot at them. I am one that sees KC getting upset in the playoffs, It is tough for any QB winning 2 SB's and Mahomes doing that this quickly isn't likely. It took Peyton his whole career to win 2 and QB's like Rodgers and Brees only have 1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Me too in Rochester NY.  The place will be packed with Bills fans going crazy.  Western NY is on their SB train. 

I was at Binghamton when the Bills last went to the SB. I had just begun to follow football. I chose a non-NY team to root for. Chose the only Purple uniform. :) (The Ravens were not in existence then.)

Enjoy the games.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you just put 100 on it that would be 2200 dollars :thmup:. We should've beat Buffalo last year but because of seeding I think the Bills will have it easy (at least in round 1) in the playoffs more than likely. I see them being a 2 seed at worse. I hope we get another shot at them. I am one that sees KC getting upset in the playoffs, It is tough for any QB winning 2 SB's and Mahomes doing that this quickly isn't likely. It took Peyton his whole career to win 2 and QB's like Rodgers and Brees only have 1.

It seemed like reasonable odds.  All depends on wentz

• Like 1