Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Season Opener: Seahawks @ Colts, September 12, 2021, 1pm ET

NFLfan

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was a great play call, Warner would not have defended that either, nobody would've but lets pounce on Leonard. Lets see how the 2nd half goes.

Personally, I think he could have done slightly better picking up the route, but it's one play, I'm not going start saying we shouldn't have give him a new contract off it.

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Against 2 legit deep threats, what would be your plan to contain them with the limitations we have in our secondary? Genuine question, not a shot to be clear (though I'd hope you'd know that by now!).

A few of us, perhaps @stitches were talking about this.

I said C3 with FS more or less spying the deep GO.

Also C1 tight press

And if you're going to do C2, use Carrie at S (he's been practicing there)

Or Dime in passing situations

C2 is begging for one of their WRs to blow the top off Willis. And the rip/liz DB to LB handoffs will get us killed.

PS.. I know you're not taking shots. You always post in good faith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

A few of us, perhaps @stitches were talking about this.

I said C3 with FS more or less spying the deep GO.

Also C1 tight press

And if you're going to do C2, use Carrie at S (he's been practicing there)

Or Dime in passing situations

C2 is begging for one of their WRs to blow the top off Willis. And the rip/liz DB to LB handoffs will get us killed.

PS.. I know you're not taking shots. You always post in good faith.

Do you like the idea of our secondary unit in C3 though? Carrie at S would perhaps be a good situational adjustment I agree.

On cue.. Carrie haha

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Do you like the idea of our secondary unit in C3 though? Carrie at S would perhaps be a good situational adjustment I agree.

Last year we played more C3 than anyone else. I'm not a fan in general with the cushion we give, and the personnel we use in it, but it's the way you have to play Seattle if you're not going to jam them at the LOS.

We are doing way too much extra stuff and stuff that we have obviously not worked out well yet. Double blitzes, now dropping dlinemen in coverage. If you cannot hang doing all that extra stuff and they continue burning you every time you do it... the surprise element is obviously not working as intended... just do what you know you can do...