Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 things you think you think

Four2itus

4 things I think I think.

Patmon will be a Colt this season

By the end of the season, Strachan will be starting for the Colts

Bobby Okereke and Kwity Paye both receive defensive player of the week honors

Because of injury/covid, Jacob Eason will start and win a game for the Colts this season

Outside of a handful of players, the tackling on defense needs to improve drastically.

The cuts the Colts will make at RB look better than most of the RB room in Pittsburgh I think this can also be said for the LB room to a much lesser extent, but those that get cut will find jobs.

Strachan is not going to make the team based on special teams play.

Ballard should be looking for a swing tackle like, yesterday.

I’ll try:

- Kwity Paye logs 12 sacks this year.

- Julian Blackmon and Kenny Moore are the heart and soul of the secondary.

- The Colts route the Seahawks in the opener.  
- Carson Wentz is back for the opener, but misses three games during the course of the season.

12 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

Outside of a handful of players, the tackling on defense needs to improve drastically.

You don't think that moderate improvement would get it done? I mean, last year the defense ranked No. 11 overall in points allowed, and No. 8 overall in yards allowed. I know were talking semantics, but drastic improvement seems a bit unobtainable, as they are already pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

You don't think that moderate improvement would get it done? I mean, last year the defense ranked No. 11 overall in points allowed, and No. 8 overall in yards allowed. I know were talking semantics, but drastic improvement seems a bit unobtainable, as they are already pretty good. 

Giving up big plays and not being able to get off the field on 3rd down are huge concerns for me. A select few has shown that they can create big plays/turnovers and wrap people up but everyone on that defense needs to be able to tackle effectively.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

1)Parris Campbell will top 700 yard and 5 tds

2)Kyle Granson will lead all TE's in Rec yard

3)Ben Banogu sets career highs in tackles and sacks

4)Isaiah Rodgers scores at least 2 tds

If he can hold on to the ball. He did look better in the Detroit game though.

1) Hot Rod will make at least one clutch game winning kick (by 'clutch' I mean as time expires or very near, rather than a game winning kick in a scenario where we are tied say 17-17 in middle of 3rd Q and he hits a FG to go up 20-17 and the score doesn't change the rest of the way).

2) Colts will have 6 or more pro-bowlers -- Buckner, Leonard, Q., Jonathan Taylor are my locks with at least two from the following group making it: Paye, B. Smith, Doyle, Wentz, Blackmon, Moore II, I. Rodgers (KR), Odum (STer), X. Rhodes, Hot Rod, Kelly, P. Campbell.

3) Flus lands a head coaching position after this season.

4) Colts win AFC South.

4 things I think

im optimistic about the colts

im optimistic about eason

im optimistic about wentz

and finally,

I still think about how many licks it takes to get to that center of the tootsie pop. There are different size tongues and salivation factors so I guess I’d settle for just an average. :bossy:

19 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think Kwity Paye wins DROY.

I think Jonathan Taylor becomes an all pro.

I think our defense finishes in the top five.

I think because of injury/COVID Eason starts and wins multiple games.

Can’t believe you didn’t predict the Colts making a trade!?!      I’m….  I’m….  I’m….   Shocked….  And hurt.  

Just when you think you know a guy?!?    :peek:

38 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Colts, we know Doyle's ceiling and M.A.C. hasnt produced as a pass catcher as we hoped (Though his blocking has been better then most anyone thought).

Ok. I think that’s a fair expectation. If you were going to say the league I was gonna ask if you wanted to get $500 on it because I don’t see that happening at all. haha

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Colts, we know Doyle's ceiling and M.A.C. hasnt produced as a pass catcher as we hoped (Though his blocking has been better then most anyone thought).

Not sure it's accurate to say MAC hasn't produced as a pass catcher. It's more a question of lack of opportunity. He grades out extremely well as a pass catcher. He actually had the best catch % of any non-RB on the team by a good margin. His grades across the board PFF wise were all near elite. IMO, he simply needs more opportunity.

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure it's accurate to say MAC hasn't produced as a pass catcher. It's more a question of lack of opportunity. He grades out extremely well as a pass catcher. He actually had the best catch % of any non-RB on the team by a good margin. His grades across the board PFF wise were all near elite. IMO, he simply needs more opportunity.

He needs to create better separation to get more passes thrown his way, when he does get it he makes the catches and usually is pretty open thus high %  of catch rate. I think Granson ability to get that separation like he did in college will def get him more throws if he can show he can hold onto the ball consistently  

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He needs to create better separation to get more passes thrown his way, when he does get it he makes the catches and usually is pretty open thus high %  of catch rate. I think Granson ability to get that separation like he did in college will def get him more throws if he can show he can hold onto the ball consistently  

After the looking at film on MAC from last year, he gets good separation IMO for a TE.

The offense Granson was in at college, and the way they used him, is very different from ours, and how we will use him. 

In college, he was used a lot as a vertical threat, and more like an X WR. He actually was converted from WR to TE.

Here, it looks like he'll be used a lot like Burton was last year. Hope it translates.  One thing I know for sure, he needs to work on his hands.

1. The Colts pick up Zach Ertz either by a late trade or after he's released. He stars as Wentz' 3rd down "go to" receiver.

2. TY Hilton's neck injury proves to be more complicated than anticipated. He remains on IR all year. 

3. Kenny Moore leads the league in interceptions. 

4. Kwity Paye becomes rookie defensive player of the year.

1. Wentz gets injured and someone will post a Bring Back Luck Thread

2. Someone will post a thread about bringing Chad Kelly back after Wentz injury (see #1 above)

3. Eason reads the two threads above and leads us to the division title to avoid playing behind Luck and Kelly

4. TY will play a couple of games, reinjure his neck and retire

17 hours ago, JoeThornburg said:

The cuts the Colts will make at RB look better than most of the RB room in Pittsburgh I think this can also be said for the LB room to a much lesser extent, but those that get cut will find jobs.

Strachan is not going to make the team based on special teams play.

Ballard should be looking for a swing tackle like, yesterday.

You are so correct and we got one. 

1. I think Kwity Paye will be a better pass rusher this year than I thought.  

2. I think this team will struggle mightily to start this season.

3.  I think Ballard better have already drafted a winner because next year we will have few draft picks and less cap space.

4.  I think the injury situation in camp this year makes it difficult to determine what kind of team we will field next week and early on, but we should have a pretty good idea of what kind of team we will have going forward during the 2nd half is the season.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:15 AM, Stephen said:

1 eason and Wentz throw 20 tds

That's pretty interesting, but if Wentz misses games due to covid and Eason plays well, I wouldn't doubt if Ballard sticks with Eason.  I doubt they go back and forth.  Might as well keep your first rounder.

Archived