Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

My thought is Ballard is trying hard for Trent Williams.  We will do nothing until he knows the outcome.  I think tomorrow is the day for Trent one way or the other.  If we get Trent I think we will sign the CB Auwzie, a TE, Clowney and possibly TY returning or we acquire another WR. 

I like Awuzie. I think hes better than TJ Carrie.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I know. Just saying why they might be adding to their Dline.

I get it. I am not in favor of this signing at all. Why pay this mediocre player so much when Zeitler went for less and would have likely had a greater impact. I'm a huge fan of Zeitler and we need a competent guard. Zeitler is a lot more than competent. 

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I read an article months ago mentioning Thielen as a trade candidate for the Colts.  It suggested he could probably be acquired for a 2nd rd pick.  I don't remember where but it might have been BR.  I believe his contract is pretty reasonable. 

It would be incredibly dumb to trade a 2nd for a 31 year old WR. 

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

At the same time all I was hearing from Colts insiders was that they expected Ballard to go hard after a pass rusher on the edge in free agency. That obviously didn’t happen. 

You need to be patient. We are only 5 years into the 3 year rebuild.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

At the same time all I was hearing from Colts insiders was that they expected Ballard to go hard after a pass rusher on the edge in free agency. That obviously didn’t happen. 

Who’s to say we didn’t and simply got outbid?

A lot of posts have been removed from this thread because

• They were off topic (this is a FA rumor thread)
  • They were personal squabbles
  • They posted complaints about other posters or groups of posters
  • They posted snide/insulting gifs and / or obnoxious reactions (which only served to inflame further endless disagreement)

If you had posts removed, it was because YOU were part of the problem. A lot of people in this thread were a part of the problem

Moving Forward, PLEASE

• Don't like a post/poster? Ignore them
  • See a post that is off topic? report it
  • See a post that is insulting/baiting? report it
  • See a thread derail? Report it

I suggest that if you want to discuss in general whether or not the colts should be spending more on FA, another thread is a better place for it. Even so, if you know you'll never agree with someone, just avoid engaging with them. Doing so just invites other people to pile on and comment and react and then blame you for the fact that they are irritated.

22 minutes ago, Nadine said:

A lot of posts have been removed from this thread because

• They were off topic (this is a FA rumor thread)
  • They were personal squabbles
  • They posted complaints about other posters or groups of posters
  • They posted snide/insulting gifs and / or obnoxious reactions (which only served to inflame further endless disagreement)

If you had posts removed, it was because YOU were part of the problem. A lot of people in this thread were a part of the problem

Moving Forward, PLEASE

• Don't like a post/poster? Ignore them
  • See a post that is off topic? report it
  • See a post that is insulting/baiting? report it
  • See a thread derail? Report it

I suggest that if you want to discuss in general whether or not the colts should be spending more on FA, another thread is a better place for it. Even so, if you know you'll never agree with someone, just avoid engaging with them. Doing so just invites other people to pile on and comment and react and then blame you for the fact that they are irritated.

Saluting Mickey Mouse GIF by DisneyJunior

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Why are the Vikings signing Dalvin Tomlinson? :(

I really like Tomlinson as a prospect, but haven't paid too much attention to his career so far. I've seen a few people paralleling the signing with when the Vikings signed Linval Joseph. Hopefully he plays as well for the Vikings as Joseph did.

14 minutes ago, Archer said:

I would like to officially announce the following rumor from a reliable source: the Colts will do nothing today.

how are you so brave hasan minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

1 minute ago, stitches said:

WHAT!? That makes no sense for NE. That's $25M AAV for both Hunter and Smith. 

NE is definitely taking advantage of the fact that they are not having to pay a QB

When you don't have to pay QB and also are not paying big money on other major areas like OL, you can then turn and dump a ton of money on your defensive front, your DBs and your TEs/Pass catchers

I wonder if this is a sign of a move for them to grab a rookie QB

Definitely makes sense to give a rookie QB some of the best possible TEs available with how much TEs are a friend and safety valve for many rookie QBs

5 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Holy smokes. Patriots are going FULL tilt. 

They're paying two FA TEs? 

Somewhere between "lol" and Cam needs weapons. 

That's not the Patriots way (whatever the heck that is). They're throwing money at problems now.

2 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

NE is definitely taking advantage of the fact that they are not having to pay a QB

When you don't have to pay QB and also are not paying big money on other major areas like OL, you can then turn and dump a ton of money on your defensive front, your DBs and your TEs/Pass catchers

Definitely makes sense to give a rookie QB some of the best possible TEs available with how much TEs are a friend and safety valve for many rookie QBs

I think they're absolutely going QB in the 1st the year. They have Cam to start for another year with the rookie able to sit and learn. 

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Bill is going who needs WRs, were gonna run the Wing T, and have 5 TEs on the field

Wow, that's a flashback. I played WR in HS, but we ran the Wing T, so yea......

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They're paying two FA TEs? 

Somewhere between "lol" and Cam needs weapons. 

That's not the Patriots way (whatever the heck that is). They're throwing money at problems now.

YEAH! It’s wild. Complete 180 from what they normally do. Hate to put on my conspiracy hat this early in the morning but.....Bill HAS to be loading up for one more run. He better have a good ROI on all this. Could blow up in his face. 

• Shive locked this topic
2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

YEAH! It’s wild. Complete 180 from what they normally do. Hate to put on my conspiracy hat this early in the morning but.....Bill HAS to be loading up for one more run. He better have a good ROI on all this. Could blow up in his face. 

I mean, this definitely blows up their usual strategy of loading up on comp picks.

3 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Patriots. All this spending?? In this economy?!

They don't have to pay the QB, just $6 mil. guaranteed for Cam, so they have the room and they possibly will push some contract money to the future for some other contracts including the classic "voidable years" technique that the Bucs and other teams are using to go all in now.

29 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I’m thinking they’ll leverage the farm and go all in on a rookie QB. 

24 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Yeah I agree. But If there’s one coach In this league that could pull it off, it’s the hooded one. Gulp 

Archived