Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

No doubt, I think the Colts held of on tagging him a day though so teams wouldn't be worried about a potential match by the Colts.

Did we tag him? Besides I thought the tag day  deadline was last week?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Did we tag him? Besides I thought the tag day  deadline was last week?

They put a tender on him at the lowest level which means they can match any contract he signs.  If they don’t they don’t get anything for losing him.  Look for Pascal and Mo to get one sometime today as well.

Different than a franchise tag.  It’s restricted free agency for players who don’t have enough tenure to quality for true free agency yet.

25 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

What are people's thoughts on Ifeadi Odenigbo? Looks like he's headed to free agency. Only 3.5 sacks last year, but 10.5 sacks the past 2 years in only 15 starts. Sounds like he was constantly double teamed last year. Could be an affordable option to contribute to the edge rush alongside Buckner, in which case he would not see as many double teams. I don't know a whole lot about him. Any insight? 

I'm hoping we take a good look the dude could be sneaky good next to Buckner he gets good pressure and was like in the top 5 in double teams last season for edge rushers 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm hoping we take a good look the dude could be sneaky good next to Buckner he gets good pressure and was like in the top 5 in double teams last season for edge rushers 

Thanks for your response! That is exactly what I was thinking. Seems like a very BDB type signing who should be relatively cheap with a high upside in our system. Certainly worth taking a look in my opinion. 

27 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

This is probably the reason our GM doesn't go out and try to win the free agency game. Maybe winning free agency doesn't always equate to wins on the field. Our owner wants to win and he has hired a very bright GM to assemble a team to do just that. Next time you want to get upset because we "lost out" on another free agent go back and look at this. Great post @Virtuoso80! I wish I could give it more than 1 like!

48 minutes ago, tvturner said:

More worried about TY “liking” this tweet, than Odum actually tweeting it. If it’s about feeling disrespected by the Colts, seems like a very anti-Colt endorsement. O.o

No one will be calling the Colts cheap when they have to re-sign all their ALL PRO draft picks. 

3 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

This is probably the reason our GM doesn't go out and try to win the free agency game. Maybe winning free agency doesn't always equate to wins on the field. Our owner wants to win and he has hired a very bright GM to assemble a team to do just that. Next time you want to get upset because we "lost out" on another free agent go back and look at this. Great post @Virtuoso80! I wish I could give it more than 1 like!

The Jaguars have a lot of money and holes to fill so they are doing it.  Its not about winning or losing free agency

The best teams didnt really have any money to spend

16 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

Thanks for your response! That is exactly what I was thinking. Seems like a very BDB type signing who should be relatively cheap with a high upside in our system. Certainly worth taking a look in my opinion. 

definitely agree! he actually seems to have alot of talent when you look at the whole picture 

1 minute ago, CardiacColts said:

Agreed. I'm curious to see what others think. I am intrigued, and I think he could bring some additional talent to our pass rush. 

yeah with all the edge rushers being gone I would have thought more people would be talking about him besides us 2 lol 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

yeah with all the edge rushers being gone I would have thought more people would be talking about him besides us 2 lol 

Hahahaha I felt the same way. No worries though. I refused to comment on anything after reading through every page yesterday. Needless to say, I think it is understandable that some people needed to step back or take a break today lol.

Perhaps someone with some additional insight on Ifeadi Odenigbo may join in the discussion soon enough. :rock:

For me.. All I have gathered is that this Colts team believes they can win now. Maybe they can. They should have beaten the Bills in the playoffs, we all know that. Who knows how far they could have gotten if that happened. We also know that this team does need some key positional elements. ER(DE), LT, WR, CB, etc. I'm sure some of that along with positional depth will be addressed during the draft. It's quite possible the front office doesn't feel as need specific in some areas as some fans do.

Either way, it's disappointing at least from my perspective, believing this team is in win now mode and not really issue anything now other than the Wentz deal and the tender to Odum and Pascal. I realize that nothing can be made official until tomorrow but where are the announcements on potential restructure/extension deals for our core guys some have alluded to on here that might be coming? 

The silence is deafening and that is what is puzzling.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

For me.. All I have gathered is that this Colts team believes they can win now. Maybe they can. They should have beaten the Bills in the playoffs, we all know that. Who knows how far they could have gotten if that happened. We also know that this team does need some key positional elements. ER(DE), LT, WR, CB, etc. I'm sure some of that along with positional depth will be addressed during the draft. It's quite possible the front office doesn't feel as need specific in some areas as some fans do.

Either way, it's disappointing at least from my perspective, believing this team is in win now mode and not really issue anything now other than the Wentz deal and the tender to Odum and Pascal. I realize that nothing can be made official until tomorrow but where are the announcements on potential restructure/extension deals for our core guys some have alluded to on here that might be coming? 

This is what I'm puzzled by too. Why haven't we extended anybody, tendered anybody, signed a role player, etc. it's a little unsettling watching every other team in the division upgrade their depth & defense too

1 hour ago, BluesGirl said:

True. FA has its purpose,   But you can't rebuild a team by using it.    They haven't drafted well in yrs  otherwise they wouldn't have that many holes to fill.    They had Tom Brady,   He covered up the flaws just like Manning did here.

Well we have holes to fill as well....LT...Edge...#1WR....#1 CB....upgrade at TE

That's a fair amount of holes at important positions, positions we'd like playmakers at except for LT.

No one here is going to say Ballard hasn't drafted well, right?

Team needs occur, contracts expire, players retiring, etc.. 

15 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

This is what I'm puzzled by too. Why haven't we extended anybody, tendered anybody, signed a role player, etc. it's a little unsettling watching every other team in the division upgrade their depth & defense too

18 minutes ago, Indeee said:

this is directed at you both, it looks like we've tendered at least 2, if not more players today. Second, ballard has rarely (if ever) made a first day or even a day two signing. Give him time.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

this is directed at you both, it looks like we've tendered at least 2, if not more players today. Second, ballard has rarely (if ever) made a first day or even a day two signing. Give him time.

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Wonder what interest the Colts have?

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I think we are excited for Campbell to play that role. I expect us to target a legit No. 1 or No. 2 that can line up all over the field like Samuel, Golloday, Brown, etc

Will fuller could but that is a risky move

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I figured they’d cut someone with the moves they made. 

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Golloday, Trent Williams, Ingram , and resign our guys and we are good to go...Draft an playmaking TE and another Tackle..

No way we can afford all that. Not this year

Archived