Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah I agree. But If there’s one coach In this league that could pull it off, it’s the hooded one. Gulp 

I’m actually wondering if Bill’s seat is getting a little hot.  The franchise is famous for being willing to let any player go - maybe a second straight losing season might cost him his job...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah I agree. But If there’s one coach In this league that could pull it off, it’s the hooded one. Gulp 

Yes sir. Makes me nervous too. If you believe in “scripts” this is all setting up for a Belichick and Brady Super Bowl match up. I pray that doesn’t happen :(

28 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

They should trade everything legit, 2-3 firsts and a second to get one of the top 3 QB's at this point. 

Why wouldn't we sign Henry at that rate? 12.5 isn't too bad

I initially thought they were going to sign Brissett to start for them.  I bet they try to trade up six or seven picks and snag Mac Jones...

34 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Why wouldn't we sign Henry at that rate? 12.5 isn't too bad

I've thought for a while that they were hoping the Eagles would just cut Ertz.  But now with these 2 both in NE, it'll probably take at least a 4th to get him.

43 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’m actually wondering if Bill’s seat is getting a little hot.  The franchise is famous for being willing to let any player go - maybe a second straight losing season might cost him his job...

Could be. Especially after letting Brady go and win in TB. 

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He would be a very good signing. The only thing is with the bloody Patriots spending near $13m APY on Smith and Henry, the market will be stretched. I don't think Ballard will be willing to spend at least $10m APY on Everett. We will see though. Everett's production is very similar to Jonnu Smith.

14 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

He would be a very good signing. The only thing is with the bloody Patriots spending near $13m APY on Smith and Henry, the market will be stretched. I don't think Ballard will be willing to spend at least $10m APY on Everett. We will see though. Everett's production is very similar to Jonnu Smith.

I think Everett could thrive here. I think he'll get $10-$11 per. 

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I think Everett could thrive here. I think he'll get $10-$11 per. 

I think he could. I've been a bit wary of him due to lack of production so far, but he's always had the high potential, so I'm not against signing him for the right $$.

10 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Just noticed Dupree and Hendrickson are gone. 

Yep, top edge rushers went pretty quickly.

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well, it looks like the Pats are spending cap money on needs to win it this year. Unlike some other teams.

Which player that has been signed, for the contract they were signed to, is a move that we should have made? The Pats, for example, have paid top dollar for almost every FA they've signed and most aren't worth near what they signed for.

We get it, you're not happy with Ballard's FA strategy, but please don't clog up this thread with more trolling like you did yesterday. Just in case you missed the post in the Day 1 thread:

4 hours ago, Nadine said:

A lot of posts have been removed from this thread because

• They were off topic (this is a FA rumor thread)
  • They were personal squabbles
  • They posted complaints about other posters or groups of posters
  • They posted snide/insulting gifs and / or obnoxious reactions (which only served to inflame further endless disagreement)

If you had posts removed, it was because YOU were part of the problem. A lot of people in this thread were a part of the problem

Moving Forward, PLEASE

• Don't like a post/poster? Ignore them
  • See a post that is off topic? report it
  • See a post that is insulting/baiting? report it
  • See a thread derail? Report it

I suggest that if you want to discuss in general whether or not the colts should be spending more on FA, another thread is a better place for it. Even so, if you know you'll never agree with someone, just avoid engaging with them. Doing so just invites other people to pile on and comment and react and then blame you for the fact that they are irritated.

38 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Doubt it. Despite not watching too much I heard 2 positive reports on Mack. Former Wr Smith said Mack was his top FA RB. In another report someone said Mack is drawing interest from teams.

So in all likely there will probably be a team that will be willing to pay Mack more than Ballard. 

Especially if Ballard decides to replace him with a 6th-7th round/UDFA at a bare minimum price.

We'll see.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Doubt it. Despite not watching too much I heard 2 positive reports on Mack. Former Wr Smith said Mack was his top FA RB. In another report someone said Mack is drawing interest from teams.

So in all likely there will probably be a team that will be willing to pay Mack more than Ballard. 

Especially if Ballard decides to replace him with a 6th-7th round/UDFA at a bare minimum price.

We'll see.

Mack has had other injuries as well. I really don't think teams will be interested. 

34 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

They wouldn't have to if they drafted better 

No team that has their eyes on the prize can fill all their roster needs by the draft alone.

And since they've only missed like 1 AFCCG in like 20 seasons I'd say from a bottom line winning perspective they've done ok. haha

Archived