Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I don’t believe there are any true difference makers left at DE after this first wave came and went. Gonna have to depend on the draft now to find one. 

I'm the only one who thinks we are signing Clowney.  Many don't like it but I can see it happening.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Just curious. If another team between now and Wednesday offered more than some of these reports could they override these supposed signings?

Yes nothing is official til wednesday and they sign the contract

Am I the only one that is looking at the Colts roster and seeing true super needs at DE, OT, CB and then depths needs at TE, OL, and then again at CB and WR? And comparing to what it needed in 2017, that it's really not that much? I mean goodness, I listed 7 positions above and you can almost fill those out completely in the draft alone. This isn't even including some nice solid free agent signings that are coming for the Colts

13 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Here's another thought for the Ballard cheerleaders. We filled 0 of our needs on day 1.(in fact we now have DL needs too now) The cheerleaders will crow how brilliant CB is and we will fill those need with level 2 or 3 talent. But guess what. Jville has way more cap space, no state tax and TL will be their QB. Who do you think has the better situation. The Colts or the Jags. Hmmmmm

When is enough, enough?

Do you get some sort of thrill by posting negative post after negative post?

Getting real old and extremely redundant. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

This is totally insane. There are countless responses on here today by me where I clearly state that i don't care if I am wrong and yet you are telling me that I never admit when I'm wrong? I never admit it because I don't care if I am as the point of my responses or posts is not about whether I'm right. They are my opinions on how I feel about a positional group of players.

I mean my mother thinks I am a wonderful person but clearly you hate me...:lol:. Are you serious as that logic is terribly flawed. I'm not saying Pittman won't be but you believing he will be based on Ballard saying so is just plain silly... I mean how can you even take yourself serious with that? 

I'm only throwing out injuries because they are hinderances just like covid as an example. Anyone can speculate that if injuries were not there things might be different however in a face value real time conversation speculation doesn't hold merit. 

look again I don't care if i am wrong or even right. My intent isn't based on that. I really just wish my favorite team would take the receiver position a little more seriously

Only motherly love would think this.LOL:lol:

10 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Here's another thought for the Ballard cheerleaders. We filled 0 of our needs on day 1.(in fact we now have DL needs too now) The cheerleaders will crow how brilliant CB is and we will fill those need with level 2 or 3 talent. But guess what. Jville has way more cap space, no state tax and TL will be their QB. Who do you think has the better situation. The Colts or the Jags. Hmmmmm

Does it really matter what day you sign free agents?     As long as you address the needs you want to it just doesn’t matter.

Except to you. 

CARL LAWSONDL, NEW YORK JETS

Jets signed DE Carl Lawson, formerly of the Bengals, to a three-year, $45 million contract.

The deal includes $30 million guaranteed with the chance to reach up to $47.4 million in incentives. Lawson, the premier pass rusher left on the market, finished with the fourth-most pressures (64) among EDGE players last year, logging a career-high 723 snaps (68%) as a three-down player for the first time in his career. With 20 sacks in four seasons with the Bengals, Lawson is primed to breakout even further as a defensive cornerstone under coach Robert 

4 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

Am I the only one that is looking at the Colts roster and seeing true super needs at DE, OT, CB and then depths needs at TE, OL, and then again at CB and WR? And comparing to what it needed in 2017, that it's really not that much? I mean goodness, I listed 7 positions above and you can almost fill those out completely in the draft alone. This isn't even including some nice solid free agent signings that are coming for the Colts

Shhh....dont tell them

Wish we would have gotten in on one of the big edge guys today, but all of the contracts seem a little tall for the production. Ballard appears to be Ballarding in the most Ballard-like way imaginable. Dude has done a great job since he has been here, and I trust his instincts a lot more than mine, or anyone else's here.

If I went to every single person's job on this board I guarantee you I could second guess EVERY SINGLE MOVE YOU MAKE as well. Now, at some point you would probably say "You know maybe 10% of what I know about my job and you are a complete *, so why don't you shut up and watch and maybe you will learn something. People getting all butt-hurt over whether the Colts signed this dude or that dude, or didn't sign them absolutely kills me. Have your preferences, have some fun, but remember, it's just football.

I would like to propose that Colts fans exercise patience. We know the Ballard blueprint. It is working. Many of these Day 1 and Day 2 free agent splashes don’t pan out.

Ballard is not going to put all his eggs in one basket. We will find the players that fit us and we will not overpay for them. 

Go Colts!!!

4 minutes ago, Hark said:

Wish we would have gotten in on one of the big edge guys today, but all of the contracts seem a little tall for the production. Ballard appears to be Ballarding in the most Ballard-like way imaginable. Dude has done a great job since he has been here, and I trust his instincts a lot more than mine, or anyone else's here.

If I went to every single person's job on this board I guarantee you I could second guess EVERY SINGLE MOVE YOU MAKE as well. Now, at some point you would probably say "You know maybe 10% of what I know about my job and you are a complete *, so why don't you shut up and watch and maybe you will learn something. People getting all butt-hurt over whether the Colts signed this dude or that dude, or didn't sign them absolutely kills me. Have your preferences, have some fun, but remember, it's just football.

Exactly!!!

2 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

I know you are just being the messenger and I have nothing against Thielen but using draft capital on a guy turning 31 before the season begins at a position that sees decline around that age, why???

14 tds is a decline?

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

14 tds is a decline?

Lol nope. Just saying that age in general for WR's have not been the best. Just looking at AJ Green and even TY Hilton at what they did the past year. Could be that Thielen is a veteran presence that Ballard is looking for. Just hate the thought of using draft capital for it. But who know maybe I'm jumping the gun and the Colts are willing to give up a 2022 pick which wouldn't be bad since I do expect the Colts to recoup picks via Compensatory next year

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Ok that's fair... to your credit you are the only one so far that has at least acknowledged that you understood where I was coming from even though you didn't fully agree with all of it, which is fair. I thanked you and did not try to sway you otherwise or defend my position. The only reason I say that is that my responses and posts would've died out long ago today if i hadn't felt like i was being hammered over something not worth being hammered for so i kept just trying to figure out what was going on and why i was being hammered. unfortunately that got me a little heated and i lashed at you which i apologize for, no excuse for that but it happens in perceived battle sometimes... I guess I'm not privy to the trolling definition, in any event that's not what I'm doing or have been doing

I get it. My advice? I think both you and New Colts fan need to agree to disagree and move on. It would benefit both of you and everyone else as well. Simply because neither of you will be able to change the mind of the other. 

I go back in free agency and remember signing Autry and everyone was like "who" and that turned out just fine AND netted us a comp pick after he grew into his prime with us.....

I can cite a few more "bargain bin" types that Ballard and his scouting team found, but you know them already.

Patience will net us the right players in the right spots.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but I didn't feel like reading the first 12 pages......sorry

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I get it. My advice? I think both you and New Colts fan need to agree to disagree and move on. It would benefit both of you and everyone else as well. Simply because neither of you will be able to change the mind of the other. 

I actually just said the same thing in a response to him moments ago. Feel free to read it if you like

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

I go back in free agency and remember signing Autry and everyone was like "who" and that turned out just fine AND netted us a comp pick after he grew into his prime with us.....

I can cite a few more "bargain bin" types that Ballard and his scouting team found, but you know them already.

Patience will net us the right players in the right spots.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but I didn't feel like reading the first 12 pages......sorry

I have not been upset

10 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If true, first three guesses don't count on who would be smiling.... :thmup:. Not sure why Vikings would do that though

I would love to see Thielen in a horseshoe, but why would Minn even think about trading their best weapon at wr!? Unless they go to Dalvin Cook every snap! It would cost the Colts way too much! 

Archived