Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

I would love to see Thielen in a horseshoe, but why would Minn even think about trading their best weapon at wr!? Unless they go to Dalvin Cook every snap! It would cost the Colts way too much! 

Not saying it would happen, but Justin Jefferson was an absolute beast his rookie year.

My last one for the night (also we doing this same time tomorrow night???), is I wish there was a running cap calculator with all these pre signings. I understand we don't have contract details and that my knowledge on the subject is terrible which is why I have to come here to educate myself, but good grief my head hurts. With all these signings today and seeing some of the numbers, I feel like every team in the league but the Colts and a few others ought to be in the red lol

7 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

My last one for the night (also we doing this same time tomorrow night???), is I wish there was a running cap calculator with all these pre signings. I understand we don't have contract details and that my knowledge on the subject is terrible which is why I have to come here to educate myself, but good grief my head hurts. With all these signings today and seeing some of the numbers, I feel like every team in the league but the Colts and a few others ought to be in the red lol

Yep

42 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

Wow! I wonder what that says about Carl Lawson? They don't sign him but they throw a huge amount of money to a guy outside the organization at the same position

Maybe Lawson just said no he didn't want to be there anymore

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Interesting 

Wonder what @NFLfan thinks

I would not like it but he would be coming to a good organization with passionate fans. Ballard is smart. Adam is a very good, competitive, and dedicated player. He is beloved in MN because he grew up in MN as a Vikings fan and was signed as an undrafted free agent out of college in MN. Colts fans would get to love him too. Adam runs great routes and makes contested catches. What is there not to like! I would like to keep him but with that awful Cousins contract, we can't seem to keep our players. :(

I like what Tampa is doing. They are retaining their players but not over-spending. That is what I like. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I would not like it but he would be coming to a good organization with passionate fans. Ballard is smart. Adam is a very good, competitive, and dedicated player. He is beloved in MN because he grew up in MN as a Vikings fan and was signed as an undrafted free agent out of college in MN. Colts fans would get to love him too. Adam runs great routes and makes contested catches. What is there not to like! I would like to keep him but with that awful Cousins contract, we can't seem to keep our players. :(

I like what Tampa is doing. They are retaining their players but not over-spending. That is what I like. 

Its not happening nobody else on Twitter is talking about it 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Don't know how credible this is.

I read an article months ago mentioning Thielen as a trade candidate for the Colts.  It suggested he could probably be acquired for a 2nd rd pick.  I don't remember where but it might have been BR.  I believe his contract is pretty reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Of course Tampa is doing well, they have Tom Brady running the organization :funny:

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I read an article months ago mentioning Thielen as a trade candidate for the Colts.  It suggested he could probably be acquired for a 2nd rd pick.  I don't remember where but it might have been BR.  I believe his contract is pretty reasonable. 

If Thielen is traded, Vikes fans will be calling for the GM's firing. He is one of the most popular players in MN.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course Tampa is doing well, they have Tom Brady running the organization :funny:

They are retaining their players.

From Yahoo sports:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-free-agency-has-barely-started-but-tom-brady-and-buccaneers-have-already-won-it-220620816.html
The Bucs look like the most stable NFC bet heading into 2021. Consider Tampa will have a more traditional offseason and that the goal was for the 2021 team to ...

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

They are retaining their players.

From Yahoo sports:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-free-agency-has-barely-started-but-tom-brady-and-buccaneers-have-already-won-it-220620816.html
The Bucs look like the most stable NFC bet heading into 2021. Consider Tampa will have a more traditional offseason and that the goal was for the 2021 team to ...

#8 for Tom coming soon Marvel Wanda GIF by Nerdist.com

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

You seem very high on JC

Not really but he fits our system well and he's still only 28.  He will not cost as much as the guys being signed now and teams do have to account for him on the field.  I bet he would do well here as a DE playing next to Buckner vs. a 3/4 LB somewhere else. 

3 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Only 26 years old and is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. He won't come cheap though. If the Vikings asked for #21 would you do it? 

I would hate to lose Hunter. He is young and dominant,  one of the least well-known great players. 

I don't care how unhappy he is with his contract. He signed the extension and is making enough. If I was the GM, I would not give in to anyone's demands. As Zimmer has said before, "you play for us or no one at all" (paraphrasing).

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Not saying it would happen, but Justin Jefferson was an absolute beast his rookie year.

True but we have no one else. We can't afford to lose Thielen but you never know. That Cousins contract makes it hard to retain our players. 

My thought is Ballard is trying hard for Trent Williams.  We will do nothing until he knows the outcome.  I think tomorrow is the day for Trent one way or the other.  If we get Trent I think we will sign the CB Auwzie, a TE, Clowney and possibly TY returning or we acquire another WR. 

The one free agent that I wanted the Vikes to sign was Kevin Zeitler. I see that he signed with Baltimore. The Ravens are another smart organization that does a good job assembling their team. 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hunter maybe on the move is what I heard.

:Cry:(Tomlinson is not a replacement for Hunter. Tomlinson has not done much in his career.)

(Merge happened, lol)

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

My thought is Ballard is trying hard for Trent Williams.  We will do nothing until he knows the outcome.  I think tomorrow is the day for Trent one way or the other.  If we get Trent I think we will sign the CB Auwzie, a TE, Clowney and possibly TY returning or we acquire another WR. 

I agree with you on Williams San Francisco not retaining him today tells you he’s moiling over other offers I think he would like to go to the playoffs! 

1 minute ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I agree with you on Williams San Francisco not retaining him today tells you he’s moiling over other offers I think he would like to go to the playoffs! 

I bet he ends up in Jacksonville like 22m or something crazy 

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The one free agent that I wanted the Vikes to sign was Kevin Zeitler. I see that he signed with Baltimore. The Ravens are another smart organization that does a good job assembling their team. 

:Cry:(Tomlinson is not a replacement for Hunter. Tomlinson has not done much in his career.)

(Merge happened, lol)

I know. Just saying why they might be adding to their Dline.

1 hour ago, BluesGirl said:

Back to the Von Miller question from earlier.    Spotract has him listed as a FA   

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

but there is also this.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/von-miller-7717/

Anyone know which one is correct?

I dont yet but id welcome him here just like i did when i knew J. Houston hit the market from the Chiefs. Miller would go good on the Lucas Oil turf.

Archived