Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16: Colts @ Steelers, 12/27/20 at 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

Just now, SR711 said:

Does Frank not realize his starting RT and LT are missing and he has the most immobile QB in the league?

Gotta be more strategic about when and how we are throwing the ball.

Terrible, the one thing that was going to give them a spark we gave them...

See I would put that on Rivers. You can see him feeling the pressure, but he doesn't dump off on the two underneath routes he had. 

That being said, I don't think it merits the pitchforks. It's one play. He's had more than enough good ones to make up for it.

• Like 3

Just now, krunk said:

They need to help Green. He sucks

Well, here is one way to help him: limit his exposure in pass pro..

The way I see it, this is one game where Rivers needs to have pass attempts around 20 total and there needs to be twice as many rush attempts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Game has that feel that if the the Steelers offense wasn’t gifted the goal line and a stupid offsides on the d then they would still have zero points. That’s damn near impossible to defend.

Defense is our only chance to win this game with conservative offensive play calling. Maybe run more plays with brissett who had a tad bit more mobility 

our OL will continue to be atrocious on the edges without our starters and that’s their defensive strength 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

They are doing it too. I'm confused because I see it every game. Are they allowed to put the DE's in choke holds?? 

The refs don't call it

So being kind to the refs, how many interactions (between D-line and O-line) does each ref have to monitor each play, and in real time 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I didn't like it either.  If I were in charge, I would have kept the playoff field at 6 teams each, and kept the season at 16 games.  However, I still would have made the season 18 weeks long, but with each team having two bye weeks instead.   Six teams have byes during weeks 4 to 7, four teams have byes during weeks 8 and 9.  Then have the same teams repeat their byes during weeks 10 to 13 and weeks 14 and 15 to promote fairness.   Weeks 16, 17, and 18 would have two Saturday flex games on NFLN featuring teams in the playoff hunt.   Increased tv revenue, players get the extra bye to rest/heal, added excitement for late season Saturday games, and the season stays balanced at 16 games.  Everyone wins - fans, players, and owners.
    • If they really want to go crazy and increase the parity, there's always the high school format where everyone plays in a playoff. Imagine the chaos that would cause with a 1-15-1 Lions team upsetting a 14-3 Cardinals team.    Would they go that far? Probably not, but I didn't think they'd actually go to 7, so it's all out on the table now. 
    • Late to the party in playing catch of reading things and not specific to this discussion, but yes this needs to get more recognition.    For any sport, especially those that are a series of "set pieces" there is the strategic as well as the tactical. So if we take cricket, you often have bowling plans for specific batters and often the ball that gets them out has been set up by the 2/5/10 ones bowled at them before. As an example, you might bowl a series of of short balls purposefully offering some easy runs to get the batsman almost into a automatic playing of that shot... then you sneakily move the fielder a few paces to be in the perfect position the next time.    Point being, a series of stuffed runs might not be a total failure if they keep the D 'honest' and at least having to account for the run. Put it another way, if you know a team's response to you stacking the box is they're going to just not run it, you've made them one dimensional and although you might show a stacked box you use it to bait them into a trap if you know it's going to be a passing play.    Not aimed at you obviously, just my 2 cents that it's not always black/white looking at things like this without nuance/context.
    • Let's not start jumping to conclusions and put words in people's mouth's either. They threw too much and ran too little. We don't need to change what i said, Nor do we need to complicate it. I blamed Carson for nothing, and never typed anything that resembles "hero ball." My statement was accurate.
    • I think teams have this already, well for certain players who need 'handlers'. Vaguely remember Dallas were fairly open that Dez had a team dedicated to just keeping him out of trouble during his time there. On a lesser extreme scale I think a lot of players have "Moms" who make sure they're in the right place at the right time and don't talk to strange press people out of a controlled environment. 
  • Members

• NFLUp

NFLUp 11

• newb767

newb767 0

• Moe

Moe 94

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 4,417

• Fourth and Long

Fourth and Long 0

Rookie