Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16: Colts @ Steelers, 12/27/20 at 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

Well, Rivers got one bad pass out of the way against a good D. Thank you Jack Doyle!! Lol

What a call on 3rd and goal to run it there!! Would of been upset had we not gotten it, but it keeps them honest the rest of the game. 

This is where the Colts have to show their will to win & keep pushing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Well, Rivers got one bad pass out of the way against a good D. Thank you Jack Doyle!! Lol

What a call on 3rd and goal to run it there!! Would of been upset had we not gotten it, but it keeps them honest the rest of the game. 

This is where the Colts have to show their will to win & keep pushing!

Yeah, that's the kind of call that gets frank killed when it fails....lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Should just keep running it at them...Holden 6'7'' 330, Green 6'5'' 318...edge rushers for the Steelers are all 240-250 lbs or so...

Beat speed with size, tire them out the same way. Bring Jamarcus Webb or Pinter in as a 6th TE, also need some Mo Cox.

See, again a Taylor 10 yard run...

Just look at the size difference between our O-Line and their D-Line. Keep doing this.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I didn't like it either.  If I were in charge, I would have kept the playoff field at 6 teams each, and kept the season at 16 games.  However, I still would have made the season 18 weeks long, but with each team having two bye weeks instead.   Six teams have byes during weeks 4 to 7, four teams have byes during weeks 8 and 9.  Then have the same teams repeat their byes during weeks 10 to 13 and weeks 14 and 15 to promote fairness.   Weeks 16, 17, and 18 would have two Saturday flex games on NFLN featuring teams in the playoff hunt.   Increased tv revenue, players get the extra bye to rest/heal, added excitement for late season Saturday games, and the season stays balanced at 16 games.  Everyone wins - fans, players, and owners.
    • If they really want to go crazy and increase the parity, there's always the high school format where everyone plays in a playoff. Imagine the chaos that would cause with a 1-15-1 Lions team upsetting a 14-3 Cardinals team.    Would they go that far? Probably not, but I didn't think they'd actually go to 7, so it's all out on the table now. 
    • Late to the party in playing catch of reading things and not specific to this discussion, but yes this needs to get more recognition.    For any sport, especially those that are a series of "set pieces" there is the strategic as well as the tactical. So if we take cricket, you often have bowling plans for specific batters and often the ball that gets them out has been set up by the 2/5/10 ones bowled at them before. As an example, you might bowl a series of of short balls purposefully offering some easy runs to get the batsman almost into a automatic playing of that shot... then you sneakily move the fielder a few paces to be in the perfect position the next time.    Point being, a series of stuffed runs might not be a total failure if they keep the D 'honest' and at least having to account for the run. Put it another way, if you know a team's response to you stacking the box is they're going to just not run it, you've made them one dimensional and although you might show a stacked box you use it to bait them into a trap if you know it's going to be a passing play.    Not aimed at you obviously, just my 2 cents that it's not always black/white looking at things like this without nuance/context.
    • Let's not start jumping to conclusions and put words in people's mouth's either. They threw too much and ran too little. We don't need to change what i said, Nor do we need to complicate it. I blamed Carson for nothing, and never typed anything that resembles "hero ball." My statement was accurate.
    • I think teams have this already, well for certain players who need 'handlers'. Vaguely remember Dallas were fairly open that Dez had a team dedicated to just keeping him out of trouble during his time there. On a lesser extreme scale I think a lot of players have "Moms" who make sure they're in the right place at the right time and don't talk to strange press people out of a controlled environment. 
  • Members

• KelownaColtsFan

KelownaColtsFan 155

• Chucklez

Chucklez 467

• yankeeclipper

yankeeclipper 131

• coltsva

coltsva 1,819

• NFLfan

NFLfan 9,813

Moderators