Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans looking to Dungy

csmopar

25 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i dont see Dungy returning but maybe they could squeeze joshy from NE

Read the article... no one is saying he’s returning. As I said in my post, they’re having him help them to find a coach

10 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Yeah, highly doubt Dungy would return to coaching. He has a nice gig going for him and I think he enjoys spending his time with family now more than ever.

See my above post. And reread the first post 

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Caldwell knows everything there is to know about playing QB, hes uninspiring to listen to and questionable game management skills

they could probably do better, and worse 

2 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

If he were to get the job, they would be irrelevant for another decade!

I think you both need to look at Caldwell's history before making uneducated guesses at what he may be.

Uninspiring? Well he inspired Flacco enough to play the QB position good enough to earn a ring for the Ravens.

He then inspired the Lions to have better winning seasons since the 1950s. He took them into the playoffs two times in 4 years. 

Reggie Bush: 'Our Detroit Lions team was better with Jim Caldwell' With each disappointing Detroit Lions loss suffered this season, support for former head coach Jim Caldwell … The Oakland Press · 10d

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you both need to look at Caldwell's history before making uneducated guesses at what he may be.

Uninspiring? Well he inspired Flacco enough to play the QB position good enough to earn a ring for the Ravens.

He then inspired the Lions to have better winning seasons since the 1950s. He took them into the playoffs two times in 4 years. 

Reggie Bush: 'Our Detroit Lions team was better with Jim Caldwell' With each disappointing Detroit Lions loss suffered this season, support for former head coach Jim Caldwell … The Oakland Press · 10d

Caldwell is underrated, after all he did go 16-0 in 2009, ok in my mind he did, thanks Polian haha 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Eric Bieniemy from Chiefs is what it will end up being, IMO. They will roll out the red carpet to him.

I think there will be competition between several teams for Bieniemy, one of which will probably be the 1st team he played for, that being the Chargers. It’s obvious that Anthony Lynn will be sacked (and likely his whole coaching staff) immediately following the conclusion of their Week 17 game at Kansas City, win or lose. Like the Texans job, the Chargers gig would be somewhat attractive in the form of a dynamic young quarterback, complemented by better pass catchers & defensive players than Houston or the Jets could offer.

Whomever the Chargers’ next coach is will be set up to win immediately, unless they’re an * like Lynn who began his 1st season at the helm 0-4. The big downsides to that job (which may keep Eric Bieniemy & every other serious coaching candidate away) are dealing with the Spanos clan, and no fan base since the foolish move to Los Angeles.

1 hour ago, Lancer1 said:

I think there will be competition between several teams for Bieniemy, one of which will probably be the 1st team he played for, that being the Chargers. It’s obvious that Anthony Lynn will be sacked (and likely his whole coaching staff) immediately following the conclusion of their Week 17 game at Kansas City, win or lose. Like the Texans job, the Chargers gig would be somewhat attractive in the form of a dynamic young quarterback, complemented by better pass catchers & defensive players than Houston or the Jets could offer.

Whomever the Chargers’ next coach is will be set up to win immediately, unless they’re an * like Lynn who began his 1st season at the helm 0-4. The big downsides to that job (which may keep Eric Bieniemy & every other serious coaching candidate away) are dealing with the Spanos clan, and no fan base since the foolish move to Los Angeles.

Plus State of California vs State of Texas in terms of taxes. :) 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

i stand by what i said.  i dont give him a lot of credit for winning with peyton manning and then losing without him.  he was ok in Detroit, nothing special 

23 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i stand by what i said.  i dont give him a lot of credit for winning with peyton manning and then losing without him.  he was ok in Detroit, nothing special 

Your right. You don't give him any credit.

But the players who played for him does so I guess they are the ones who have a better idea than a disgruntled fan that really doesn't know him. 

He has been a winner no matter where he has coached.

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your right. You don't give him any credit.

But the players who played for him does so I guess they are the ones who have a better idea than a disgruntled fan that really doesn't know him. 

He has been a winner no matter where he has coached.

i said i think hes a good qb coach.  didnt blow me away as a head coach from what i saw

if teams really loved him that much he would have stuck around longer here or in Detroit.  ive seen some people say Detroit gave up on him too early, and others that wanted him gone.

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i said i think hes a good qb coach.  didnt blow me away as a head coach from what i saw

if teams really loved him that much he would have stuck around longer here or in Detroit.  ive seen some people say Detroit gave up on him too early, and others that wanted him gone.

Yeah, kind of like they do here in this forum? 

Some are not even thinking about what he did right in here in Indy. 

He was the assistant head couch for 7 years under Dungy. You think he didn't have anything to do with success of Dungy and or the Colts? 

Not meaning to be argumentative just pointing out something I think should be thought about. 

Matter of fact, Dungy advised the Lions to rehire Caldwell. Tony Dungy Says Lions Should Bring Back Jim Caldwell (si.com)

On 12/8/2020 at 9:17 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Just out of curiosity why do you think that is funny?

I think he likely is just insinuating that Caldwell is a very average coach. 

I would much rather have Caldwell coach the Texans for the next 5 years than a young, innovative coach such as Eric Bieniemy, Matt Eberflus, Matt Campbell, or Bryan Leftwich.

I think the older, experienced head coaches in the NFL as slowly being replaced as we have seen recently. Teams want new, energized head coaches that can change the game. 

On 12/9/2020 at 12:47 PM, Lancer1 said:

I am not Bienemy is as sought after as much ad u think. Is Andy Reid going with him? When I look at the side lines, I see Reid with the play sheet ans calling plays. Buyer beware. Nagy hasnt exactly litten it up

48 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am not Bienemy is as sought after as much ad u think. Is Andy Reid going with him? When I look at the side lines, I see Reid with the play sheet ans calling plays. Buyer beware. Nagy hasnt exactly litten it up

https://www.battleredblog.com/houston-texans-coaching-changes/2020/12/10/22167214/report-deshaun-watson-justin-reid-want-eric-bieniemy-as-next-texans-head-coach

I wouldn't touch the Texans job.  BO'B really screwed up their draft this year.  I don't think they have a 1 or 2 in 2021?  They're stuck in mud for the next couple of years.

As far as the Chargers are concerned, although it's true they really don't have an identity with fans in lala land they have a promising new QB and a better outlook for winning, in my opinion.

35 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I wouldn't touch the Texans job.  BO'B really screwed up their draft this year.  I don't think they have a 1 or 2 in 2021?  They're stuck in mud for the next couple of years.

As far as the Chargers are concerned, although it's true they really don't have an identity with fans in lala land they have a promising new QB and a better outlook for winning, in my opinion.

The Texans have an elite, franchise QB and some nice pieces on defense.  It will be a coveted opening.  

Bieniemy would be a good choice.   Houston needs an offensive coach for sure.  

Caldwell would probably be Ok as well.   I never cared for him in Indy, but he has shown success.   

Caldwell isn't on any team at the moment, right?  So no team would get the two 3rd round draft picks for losing a minority coach.

Archived