Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals @ Colts Game Day Thread, October 18, 2020, 1:00pm ET

NFLfan

This needed to happen the colts were to content thinking they were a aging QB away from being a superbowl team .  Ballard thought since jacoby was so bad and AV missing 15 kicks that with rivers the team would be elite .   This is why i am for starting eason because the colts are not a playoff team .  Let him just get some reps in , if he looks good it can give the team energy .

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Our D is again, Charmin soft.

I called it in the matchup thread this week. I called it last week. 

Philip is 3 for 3 for those that can't help bashing him.... Good grief he has zero to do with what is happening. 

This is exactly why looking at stats/highlights isolation can be misleading.  Defense lays a total egg so far and that puts more pressure on an offense that basically has minimal firepower for big plays

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Do I think Andrew Luck could take this team to a Super Bowl the way they are playing right now?  Not even a chance.  So far today Rivers play hasn’t been a factor one way or another.  In fact the short passes from the QB is the one thing that’s gone well so far.

So I think we can both agree the defense absolutely stinks today haha

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I hate the up and downs of the Colts. It's so inconsistent. 

I agree with everybody tho. Even our play calling is adjusted for Rivers' weak arm. We consistently throw 3-5 yard routes. It's not fun to watch

reich can only call  a very limited offense with short passes .  teams know this and play the run and press our wrs .   Rivers is holding back the offense

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

doesn't matter. he's not the problem. his check downs average 9 yards a piece. 

and do you see how close Cinci is playing up on, and pressing our pass catchers. 

that is not, Charmin soft... 

Rivers isn't the direct issue today but they know he can't push the ball and our WRs aren't very good. Also there is no threat of the QB escaping the pocket when bringing pressure of playing man

Just now, CobraKai344 said:

So I think we can both agree the defense absolutely stinks today haha

Without a doubt.  Anyone who still thinks this defense is elite is kidding themselves.  Yet if they come out and play well in the second half and Rivers throws a pick it will be all Rivers fault and there will be a thread talking about how great The defense is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

This needed to happen the colts were to content thinking they were a aging QB away from being a superbowl team .  Ballard thought since jacoby was so bad and AV missing 15 kicks that with rivers the team would be elite .   This is why i am for starting eason because the colts are not a playoff team .  Let him just get some reps in , if he looks good it can give the team energy .

I don’t know if it’s the alcohol clouding my judgement, but I’m starting to move to this opinion as well. The team is trash today. Getting blown out by the young and inexperienced Bengals with one of the worst offensive lines in the nation. 

It’s as you say, we’re very boring, even in the games we win. 

• Like 1

All the nonsense excuses about our great locker room are getting tiring.  Theres issues here that are not getting fixed.  Primarily at QB.  I still blame the * that waited until the last possible minute to bail.... Rivers ain't it.  I just wish we'd pull the plug on that mistake faster than we did JB or AV.....but, they won't..... God knows how long were gonna ride this out, only difference is it looks like the team has actively given up on Phil....

• Thanks 1