Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill O’Brien fired

chad72

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely deserved. Wouldn't say necessarily for going 0-4 to start, although that doesn't help. Mainly for all the questionable roster moves he is responsible for.

4 weeks in is a little early on in season to fire someone.

Kinda sucks, because now they will probably improve.

Just now, w87r said:

Definitely deserved. Wouldn't say necessarily for going 0-4 to start, although that doesn't help. Mainly for all the questionable roster moves he is responsible for.

its gonna be kinda hard since they have no gm either but there future is looking alot better now

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not for awhile

Another failed BB disciple

This is really unfortunate from a Texans fan's perspective. You really wish something (or someone) would have stopped him from trading away Hopkins. Top 2 WR in the league. I don't care how high the pick is, that's not something you can just decide to replace. All they got out of it was four losses before OBrien got tossed out.

3 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

This is really unfortunate from a Texans fan's perspective. You really wish something (or someone) would have stopped him from trading away Hopkins. Top 2 WR in the league. I don't care how high the pick is, that's not something you can just decide to replace. All they got out of it was four losses before OBrien got tossed out.

This ^^, Hopkins is the best WR in the league, can't believe OBrien managed to royally screw the team before getting fired. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Word is Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio combo would be considered:

yeah, but neither will be available until after December. so who takes the reins of GM in the interm? one of the coordinators could easy step up into the HC role. 

They did not play a rookie last week with the exception of one special teamer. They have Tunsils big contract as well as Watson’s 160 million kicking in next year. They are spending the most on their roster this year more than any other team (245 million).  
They have some issues going forward. 

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yeah, but neither will be available until after December. so who takes the reins of GM in the interm? one of the coordinators could easy step up into the HC role. 

Romeo Crennel(sp?)

Is the interim coach

5 hours ago, runthepost said:

Should of been fired after letting Hopkins go lol. We’ll wonder what offensive mind coach will look at Houston

Can’t believe they actually did it too lmao

I think it's safe to say that Bill O'Brien the General Manager is what got Bill O'Brian the Coach fired.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Word is Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio combo would be considered:

Any NFL Owner or GM would probably think long & hard about considering  McDaniels for their coaching vacancy, (if they're smart) especially since he stiffed Indianapolis after having accepted  their job offer.

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

No way would Matt Eberflus join our division rival. Indy has been way too good to him. He was a McDaniels hire for us, then once Eberflus got settled in like the other coaches McDaniels hired, McDaniels bailed on Indy. We could have let Eberflus walk, but we kept him.

I know Eberflus applied for the Cleveland job in 2019, and I think he's deserving of a HC gig; I just don't see it being with Houston.

10 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

No way would Matt Eberflus join our division rival. Indy has been way too good to him. He was a McDaniels hire for us, then once Eberflus got settled in like the other coaches McDaniels hired, McDaniels bailed on Indy. We could have let Eberflus walk, but we kept him.

I know Eberflus applied for the Cleveland job in 2019, and I think he's deserving of a HC gig; I just don't see it being with Houston.

The guys on that list are deserving and should get at shot at a HC but none should be punished in Houston 

Archived