Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

Not a huge fan of drafting RBs high in the draft. Not a huge fan of trading up for a RB... especially since I thought we had good RB stable. To a certain degree this pick is not shocking though - it continues the theme of WIN NOW moves by Ballard. 

I cannot quibble with the player himself though. Taylor was quite possibly the best runner in the draft. He runs strong, and he has explosive traits. I've said before that I like Mack but he leaves some yards on the field... I don't think Taylor will leave many yards on the field, he gets what's there and then some more. Greg Cosell compares him to Ezekiel Elliot as a runner and I can see that comparison. He has some fumbling issues but Mack had similar issues coming in, but they largely got fixed by our coaching staff. Taylor has worked on his receiving in the last year and made some improvements there, still not dynamic as a receiver though, IMO.

Love the pick. Taylor may be the best back on roster 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Haha...everybody type casted Ballard...and then he calls a massive audible this offseason.

As much as I don’t like this saying...you have to “trust the binder”

The problem with the RBs we had last season is that we had to rotate them out depending upon the situation.  That's what happens with a RB by committee approach.  Guys like Taylor and Swift keep defenses more honest because they can be productive no matter what the play.

8 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler are the two best route runners in this draft. The Broncos have them both to go with Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, and Melvin Gordon.

Drew Lock is a lucky guy.

Has Jefferson  been picked yet

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have no idea.   Don’t know who will get cut?   At the moment I’d guess Nix.   I think Taylor made him less relevant.  

Keep in mind we will likely be seeing a true full back this year. That could be big in blitz pick ups and add to the idea of running the **** ball!

I look at it this way. If Mack does leave next year he will likely net a 4th rd compensatory pick maybe even 3rd if someone goes crazy with a big contract. I don’t mind the investment for his replacement given how talented and rugged Taylor has been. Give me 4 years and we can do the same finding his replacement.

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Van Jefferson.

I respect Van Jefferson, but he's not fast enough to be an effective route runner down the field in the NFL. Love what he did in one-on-ones at the Senior Bowl, but he didn't have that same production in actual games when pass rushers and other receivers were present. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

I just wrote coaches think they can coach it out of the player.   And you took that as negative?

I’ve said I like the pick.  I’m surprised, but I like the pick.   

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Nix is a special teams ace

I obviously like nix over Wilkins, but that is another reason I like him over wilkins. Wilkins for being productive on limited snaps received just that. Limited snaps. I want players who play. I could be wrong but that's what camp is for...

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think he can.  Has mileage, but has also proven to be durable.  You and me would like a pass catcher, but Taylor is bigger and faster than Mack, so he's still an upgrade regardless, IMO.

What do we have left.  75 and 122?  Do we still go O?

OL, TE, or DE with the next two. S or CB wouldn't shock me either. 

As far as Taylor, love his production, hate his mileage, and concerned a bit with the fumbles. Not really a power back, but he's closer than Mack. Like I said, hope he can catch.

Just now, dgambill said:

I look at it this way. If Mack does leave next year he will likely net a 4th rd compensatory pick maybe even 3rd if someone goes crazy with a big contract. I don’t mind the investment for his replacement given how talented and rugged Taylor has been. Give me 4 years and we can do the same finding his replacement.

That’s how I see it unfolding. We’re gonna run Taylor into the ground over the next 4 years & then let him go too unless he immediately explodes & becomes a top 3-5 back which could be possible with our O Line.  

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

OL, TE, or DE with the next two. S or CB wouldn't shock me either. 

As far as Taylor, love his production, hate his mileage, and concerned a bit with the fumbles. Not really a power back, but he's closer than Mack. Like I said, hope he can catch.

They can fix the fumbles.

1 minute ago, life long said:

I obviously like nix over Wilkins, but that is another reason I like him over wilkins. Wilkins for being productive on limited snaps received just that. Limited snaps. I want players who play. I could be wrong but that's what camp is for...

At least for me they are in different player pools

Nix is with Doyle, MAC and Burton not MM, JT, NH, JW

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

That’s how I see it unfolding. We’re gonna run Taylor into the ground over the next 4 years & then let him go too unless he immediately explodes & becomes a top 3-5 back which could be possible with our O Line.  

Honestly it’s even better if he does establish himself as that...much better trade fodder or net you better compensatory pick value.

Archived