Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Love it

Ballard may have gotten it backwards.  The trade up looks like he was eager to get Swift of Taylor, but took a WR.  

Probably could have gotten Swift at 34 and Claypool at 44.  Swift is the better back, but Taylor is definitely bigger.

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

This pick makes sense for me for two reasons.

1. Mack is not a 3 down back and wont be re-signed next year. He doesn't catch or is not a powerful short yardage back.

2. The RB class next year is not supposed to be good.

Travis Etienne, Chubba Hubbard, and Najee Harris would disagree with your second reason.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Travis Etienne, Chubba Hubbard, and Najee Harris would disagree with your second reason.

Hubbard and Harris I think are more 3rd round prospects imo. Solid players but Taylor is better than all three. 

I think we would have been looking for a bell cow RB next year.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He has about 18 career fumbles...   15 of them lost.   But coaches think they can coach it out of the player. 

He's also got a bunch of carries.  I think he was a three year starter, or heavy contributor.  Wonder what the actual fumble per touch was.

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Hubbard and Harris I think are more 3rd round prospects imo. Solid players but Taylor is better than all three. 

I think we would have been looking for a bell cow RB next year.

Not saying I completely hate the Taylor pick, but Etienne would have been my number one running back this year ahead of Swift for sure.

I would have probably put Chubba in front of Jonathan Taylor too honestly.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

I really hope Taylor catches passes.

He does.  WI doesn't do it that much, but he's supposed to do it well.

He can block.  He can take it to the house.  He can catch.  Now Rivers has the opportunity to audible into any play he wants and isn't limited by who is in the backfield.

1 minute ago, CelticColt said:

I'm not following the cablecast: did Ballard move up after the Texans got Blacklock or before?

Yeah, I'm not sure.  It just looks like he gave up a lot for the three spots, but maybe not.

Win-now mode is def in full effect.  When you spend your first 2 picks on a perfect-fit WR2 and a franchise RB it's a full commitment.  

We may have been able to move down for Pittman, but with Higgins starting the waterfall there was no way to know how that would have gone down.  Taylor was absolutely worth the move-up in that spot.  You could almost hear Doug Marrone do the Homer Simpson "DOH!" when Indy's pick came in.  Instead of Taylor shredding us for the next 5 years, he'll be dishing it out on our behalf.

Archived