Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Desir Released

MarquisJ

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am shocked. Ballard isn’t messing around this year. He must of really hated last season. I hope he has a plan. How much this saving on the cap?

you shouldn't be shocked lol.

it could mean a lot of things. could even mean they are making room for another big/medium FA add. or it could just mean they are happy with others, and/or might augment a little via the draft.

I've said all along Rock really improved late season, and is the type of guy that should take a big step in year 2. Physically he did great, just took time to adjust to scheme and NFL speed.

Pierre was such an easy guy to root for. I wish him the very best.

I'm not shocked he was released but I expect the Colts to sign another corner (not sure who is available) or draft one within the first four rounds. I think they need to add to the talent/depth there.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

How do you cut Desir and Wilson is still on the roster. Who is left in FA?

Wilson is still on his rookie deal and Desir hasn’t offered much for you lately not to mention the emergence of our young guys like Rock and Tell

I think it’s a money saving move to go get Clowney.

Also likely drafting a CB high. I see Trevon Diggs in the 2nd round.

Edit: Desir was also one of his one year wonders that I feel he realizes he crowned too early. He also released Hunt who was the same. I expect Autry to be next.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

I love Buckner and everything he brings but I personally think we need one more dominant force to really put together everything and with the Turay injury last year things are uncertain. If we could get Clowney man...

This one is weird to me. Desir had a down year with some injuries, but cornerback play is in general somewhat inconsistent. I thought he was fairly paid. There must be something we are cooking for this release... lets see what's going on. 

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

How do you cut Desir and Wilson is still on the roster. Who is left in FA? They must really liked what they saw in Tell. He did look very good.

Weird. It is all about the $$$$. Tell was very questionable. Just a ok work in progress.
 There are bucket loads of solid prospect, cheap, corners in this draft.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Edit: Desir was also one of his one year wonders that I feel he realizes he crowned too early. He also released Hunt who was the same. I expect Autry to be next.

You might be right.  We have been linked to Clowney.  And with Sheard gone.  Maybe.

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

Weird. It is all about the $$$$. Tell was very questionable. Just a ok work in progress.
 There are bucket loads of solid prospect, cheap, corners in this draft.

Yeah Tell is a project. There’s no way he opens up as a starting corner. I agree that they must like the CB depth in the draft. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

This one is weird to me. Desir had a down year with some injuries, but cornerback play is in general somewhat inconsistent. I thought he was fairly paid. There must be something we are cooking for this release... lets see what's going on. 

I think they looked at a lot of things. Rock improved a lot, and likely is assumed to take and even bigger step in 2020. And Desir at 6.8M (which is top 32 pay) was likely just not enough ROI for someone they see as the 3rd or 4th CB. I'd bet they try to bring him back at a lower $

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think they looked at a lot of things. Rock improved a lot, and likely is assumed to take and even bigger step in 2020. And Desir at 6.8M (which is top 32 pay) was likely just not enough ROI for someone they see as the 3rd or 4th CB. I'd bet they try to bring him back at a lower $

I wonder if they really like Marvell Tell... he got a lot more playing time than I expected, especially as a 5th round pick who is transitioning from S in college to CB in NFL. I thought he did fairly well... 

I also expect us to take another CB in the draft. This class actually has some nice players in that R2-R3 range. 

A little surprised by this.  Wonder what Ballard has up his sleeve?  Are we really in on Clowney?  That would be great for our pass rush and give us an elite defensive front 7. 

Our corners are now questionable now in my opinion.  I like Kenny Moore in the slot.  Rock was shaky last year  but I understand he was just a rookie.  Hopefully he will improve his game.  Marvell Tell is raw.  Quincy just can't seem to get it together.  Surprised he is still around.

Archived