Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Desir Released

MarquisJ

28 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Two games. Two seasons ago? This site def exaggerated that 

So he shut down Hopkins for 2/3 games played against them that season. He also had a game or two he did well against him while in Cleveland. How many CBs have been able to say they shut him down for even a game? Injured or not. Shutting down a top rated WR is definatly something to be celebrated. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Troy Pride Jr. is one to watch from Notre Dame as a possible replacement. Good athlete and had an excellent Senior Bowl. Zpne corner too. Could be there in the 3rd round.

I would actually look at Arnette from Ohio State with our first pick. Guy is a dog when it comes to man coverage and a Kenny Moore like hitter

11 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Troy Pride Jr. is one to watch from Notre Dame as a possible replacement. Good athlete and had an excellent Senior Bowl. Zpne corner too. Could be there in the 3rd round.

I'd take him in a heartbeat in the middle rounds. Great speed. He'd be a tier one guy if he could just learn to look back for the ball. He's so frustrating at times lol... 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I would actually look at Arnette from Ohio State with our first pick. Guy is a dog when it comes to man coverage and a Kenny Moore like hitter

Don't  trust ohio state guys. They seem to be fragile  in nfl

2 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We should shoot for Clowney or Logan Ryan either would help us out immensely on Defense after losing Sheard and Desir.

There are several  good pass rushers like markus from giants and everson from Vikings  that could upgrade  line

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat in the middle rounds. Great speed. He'd be a tier one guy if he could just learn to look back for the ball. He's so frustrating at times lol... 

was Reich w/ Eagles when this guy https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DarbRo00.htm was drafted? IIRC he's now an unrestricted free agent FWIW

kind of injury-prone, though, and Ballard may want to steer clear of guys like that given all the injuries Colts have already dealt with

15 minutes ago, CelticColt said:

was Reich w/ Eagles when this guy https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DarbRo00.htm was drafted? IIRC he's now an unrestricted free agent FWIW

kind of injury-prone, though, and Ballard may want to steer clear of guys like that given all the injuries Colts have already dealt with

I'd take chance on Darby with a heavy incentive based contract. The guy is incredibly talented, but boy he's had all kinds of injury since drafted. He was blazing fast, but not sure if the ACL took it's toll. 

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'd take chance on Darby with a heavy incentive based contract. The guy is incredibly talented, but boy he's had all kinds of injury since drafted. He was blazing fast, but not sure if the ACL took it's toll. 

the trade for Slay makes me wonder if the Eagles think he's done, or at least never gonna be 100% again

1 minute ago, CelticColt said:

the trade for Slay makes me wonder if the Eagles think he's done, or at least never gonna be 100% again

I doubt he'll ever live up to the potential he once had, but even a bit slower, the guy is still fast and is field smart. I wouldn't give him anything long term or high on guaranteed money, but I'd definitely roll the dice on a team friendly deal structure. 

I'd like to offer this about Desir....    without predciting that he will return (I think the chances are less than 50-50)  I'd say this....

I think it's a very good sign that he has not said goodbye.   No tweet that I'm aware of saying good bye to the team or the city or the fans.    A goodbye like that says he's not coming back.   I view Desir NOT doing that as leaving the door open.    He's shopping now for a good deal.   If he gets it,  we lose him.   But if not,  we've clearly told him to come back and let's talk a new deal for him.

Again,  I think it's unlikely.   But I think it's possible.

I'm hoping.....

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'd like to offer this about Desir....    without predciting that he will return (I think the chances are less than 50-50)  I'd say this....

I think it's a very good sign that he has not said goodbye.   No tweet that I'm aware of saying good bye to the team or the city or the fans.    A goodbye like that says he's not coming back.   I view Desir NOT doing that as leaving the door open.    He's shopping now for a good deal.   If he gets it,  we lose him.   But if not,  we've clearly told him to come back and let's talk a new deal for him.

Again,  I think it's unlikely.   But I think it's possible.

I'm hoping.....

He signed with the Jets already. :(

• 7 months later...

Makes you think. A lot of corners came into the Colts like Depth/average players and really improved while here. And then after they went to another team, it was like they "came back to earth"; their play level took a (significant) drop.

Guys like Vontae Davis (which was promissing before the trade I know), Rashan Melvin, Pierre Desir and Kenny Moore (who is yet to leave) are some examples that come to my mind.

Archived