Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Desir Released

MarquisJ

48 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Griffen makes a lot of sense as a stop gap...though would prefer someone younger.

One could say with our current salary setup we could be considered in an immediate 2 year window.
 Griffin for one year would be pretty awesome as we get Banagu up to speed. Maybe Lewis.
 I would like us to add someone that would really solidify our talent and depth of the front 7 prior to the draft. Whether DT or DE. It would help open up our ability to fill other needs. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I would love to get Clowney as well. The Colts dont have difference makers (On Def Hooker, Leonard, Houston). And young difference makers cost money. By adding Buckner, it gives us an immediate difference maker. Folks are against Clowney (Former #1 overall pick, 27 years young) asking for a high price but love signing Philip Rivers (Former #4 overall pick, 38 years old, $25 Mill).

Philip Rivers played an entire season without any significant injury and still sucked. As a Playoff starting QB, you need to raise the play of your entire team, even if that means putting them on your back, not catching temper tantrums on the sidelines, because you decide to throw in 3 man coverage. At least JB was 5-2 before his injury and even had MVP talk nationally. And from what i'm told, is a great locker room leader. JB have some-what of an excuse for his late season performance mainly injury related. I would rather pay a younger guy 7 out of 10 times.

What did Chiefs do last year to add to their existing squad? Add difference makers

* Tyrann Mathieu 27 years old (tied 2nd in tackles in Superbowl)

* Frank Clark 26 years old (Sack in Superbowl)

* Bashaud Breeland 28 years old (Int in Superbowl, and leading team tackler)

4 years $75 mil. with a player option in Year 4 for Clowney should get it done??

This screams that we’re going after someone.   If it was just about being unhappy with Desir then we would’ve cut him when we cut Hunt.   

This is happening now because we’re going after a big fish now.

Also, according to at least one post in this thread we would like Desir back, but at a better price.   For a franchise that typically doesn’t leak, that should speak loudly.

Finally....   Desir’s play didn’t fall off because he’s a one year wonder, it fell off because he was hurt.   He played while he was hurt.  It’s not because he’s not all that good.   It’s because of injury.  That’s why we’d like him back, but at a lower number.   Sucks for him, but I hope we end up bringing him back.

42 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

TY's base salary this year is 14.5M.  I could be wrong but I think they could create more space by converting a large portion of that to a bonus.   I think teams do it all the time. 

They could definitely do that...and then just renogiate a new deal this offseason. Though I am wondering if they would be hesitant to commit cap space to Hilton without seeing how this season goes.

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Fraud seems like a strong word. Looking at the timeline...just seems like it's mostly news and rumors...none of which are too outlandish.

The rumors are mostly made up to gain followers/traction.

8 minutes ago, MTC said:

The rumors are mostly made up to gain followers/traction.

I think many are...but I also think there are people just trying to get a start somewhere. It's pretty incredible (and ingenious) how Schefter and Rap have essentially monopolized NFL rumors.  

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Fraudulent accounts are those that pretend to be rapsheet and say we just traded for Julio Jones:facepalm:

I just searched that on Twitter...and sure enough...there are a bunch of tweets about that...all of them worded exactly the same way...like they are bots or something.

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This screams that we’re going after someone.   If it was just about being unhappy with Desir then we would’ve cut him when we cut Hunt.   

This is happening now because we’re going after a big fish now.

Also, according to at least one post in this thread we would like Desir back, but at a better price.   For a franchise that typically doesn’t leak, that should speak loudly.

Finally....   Desir’s play didn’t fall off because he’s a one year wonder, it fell off because he was hurt.   He played while he was hurt.  It’s not because he’s not all that good.   It’s because of injury.  That’s why we’d like him back, but at a lower number.   Sucks for him, but I hope we end up bringing him back.

This Is Correct! Desir, is a good player and we are VERY YOUNG at his point at CB. Roc I have a lot of confidence in I wanted the Colts to draft him, he will be fine, his problem is he is VERY physical Ref's like to pick on him some, should be less this year.  Moore is great in the slot, Tell is ahhhhhhh time will tell, and Wilson's going to have to put on his big boy pants an play ball now in a huge year for him. I like Wilson's talent & size maybe this is hes chance to shine, but its risky!!

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are gearing up to sign someone.

They do this with Desir every year just about since he's been a Colt to be honest.  They cut him, let him see what his worth is on the market,  nobody pays him and then the Colts bring him back.  Personally I think he's done this time but you never know!

50 minutes ago, krunk said:

They do this with Desir every year just about since he's been a Colt to be honest.  They cut him, let him see what his worth is on the market,  nobody pays him and then the Colts bring him back.  Personally I think he's done this time but you never know!

What? This is only time we cut him what you talking about?

6 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

There's a difference between getting cut and being a free agent and he wasn't a free agent this time

He's been on and off the roster this time of the year just about every season.  It's really nothing new.  That's really what my point is.  I hear what you're saying though.   They may not have cut him in the past but they certainly let him walk instead of immediately making strong moves to lock him up.  It's a regular occurance for Desir to not be on the roster for xyz amount of time every season. 

3 hours ago, boo2202 said:

I agree..... but I just don’t think the colts will cut him. Ballard’s always talked about having a good backup. Will believe it, when I see it. 

Yes, Ballard has talked about having a good back up. Where to you think we can find one.

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

And there goes Hoyer.  Yep...something is definitely brewing. 

If they are legit serious bout holding onto Jacoby then this isn’t news. That’s a ton of money for those three guys. Someone had to be the odd man out 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Two games. Two seasons ago? This site def exaggerated that 

Not to mention Hopkins was playing hurt lol

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am shocked. Ballard isn’t messing around this year. He must of really hated last season. I hope he has a plan. How much this saving on the cap?

You hope Ballard has a plan?

You HOPE Ballard has a plan?

It isn’t obvious to you by now that Ballard doesn’t go to the bathroom without a plan?   He has a plan every day of his life.   He’s one of THOSE types of people.  

Just because we don’t know what his plan is,  doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a plan.   He’s always got a plan.   Always. 

Archived