Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking at Time Machine For 2020 Yikes!!

Shadow_Creek

Can’t expect to play all cupcake games. If, that schedule holds true, chances are some teams will be either worse or improved next season.

Frankly, I want to play NE and KC, as their the measuring stick of how good a team the Colts are.

• Like 9

I see that schedule and think... we Have to replace Glowinski and we Have to get a NT/DT that can stop the Run and collapse the pocket. I know, easier said than done.. this D would be so much different with someone like Fletcher Cox.

Games are won in the Trenches.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

I see that schedule and think... we Have to replace Glowinski and we Have to get a NT/DT that can stop the Run and collapse the pocket. I know, easier said than done.. this D would be so much different with someone like Fletcher Cox.

And replace Vinatieri:thmup:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

And we will likely have 3 picks in the first 60 in draft ,we will be better .

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:04 PM, Shadow_Creek said:

so if this holds up here is who were facing next year. Looks very Brutal with The Ravens, Pats, Pitts, and Chiefs again :Cry:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2020-schedule.htm

I prefer “challenging”.

Also, I’d like to think we’re one of those teams that other teams don’t want on their schedule. We may not be elite yet, but we’ve still been a tough out in every game this year. Plus, we have no idea what will happen between now and then; those teams might collapse this year/next year.

On 11/8/2019 at 6:18 PM, DEFENSE said:

hard for rookie picks to help the first few years

We have had significant contributions from almost every draft pick this year. Okereke has played significant time. Rock is a starter. Willis is basically a starter. Campbell just got bit by the injury bug. Banogu is starting to show flashes. Speed hasn’t really shown much yet and Tell has done pretty well last two games.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We have had significant contributions from almost every draft pick this year. Okereke has played significant time. Rock is a starter. Willis is basically a starter. Campbell just got bit by the injury bug. Banogu is starting to show flashes. Speed hasn’t really shown much yet and Tell has done pretty well last two games.

when you have a weak roster, rooks will always play a big part. as the roster improves and gets better, rooks have less of a roll unless they are NFL ready studs. we've had a good amount of roster turnover the last 3 years, so it should get tougher. 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

when you have a weak roster, rooks will always play a big part. as the roster improves and gets better, rooks have less of a roll unless they are NFL ready studs. we've had a good amount of roster turnover the last 3 years, so it should get tougher. 

I understand that but they have played well and really ihave not been to much of a liability. For all the rock hate he had on real penalty before the Denver game. You don’t really hear his name and that’s a good thing. Okereke played great right before Leonard came  back. It’s one thing to play rookies it’s another thing for them all to be playing so well.  It’s not like they have hurt us. Ballard’s draft class this past spring was really good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I understand that but they have played well and really ihave not been to much of a liability. For all the rock hate he had on real penalty before the Denver game. You don’t really hear his name and that’s a good thing. Okereke played great right before Leonard came  back. It’s one thing to play rookies it’s another thing for them all to be playing so well.  It’s not like they have hurt us. Ballard’s draft class this past spring was really good.

I think we've definitely upgraded, but the rooks have looked plenty bad at times. Okereke is horrible vs the run and gets swallowed up regularly. Rock and Willis have made plenty of mistakes. You can tell Rock has the talent and just needs to refine. Willis is steady, but not sure he has near the ceiling Rock has (but he's solid depth). Okereke is just not strong enough, so not sure how long he lasts (I can see us going MLB in the next two drafts). Glad they have started trying him out at SAM.

33 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think we've definitely upgraded, but the rooks have looked plenty bad at times. Okereke is horrible vs the run and gets swallowed up regularly. Rock and Willis have made plenty of mistakes. You can tell Rock has the talent and just needs to refine. Willis is steady, but not sure he has near the ceiling Rock has (but he's solid depth). Okereke is just not strong enough, so not sure how long he lasts (I can see us going MLB in the next two drafts). Glad they have started trying him out at SAM.

Okereke had a bad game against the raiders. He was great against KC. Eberflus said the  reason they put him at Sam was because he was playing so well. They wanted to get him on the field. I do think he is just a depth piece though. Anthony Walker has played fabulous since Leonard got back. He isn’t losing his job. Walker is the future there for awhile. Rock has played almost every defensive snap. Sure he has had his moments but for a rookie corner he has played really well. Ballard mentioned he looked up one game and there was five rookies on the field at one time. You don’t win many games playing that many rookies. Willis is going to be a Star next to hooker for awhile.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Okereke had a bad game against the raiders. He was great against KC. Eberflus said the  reason they put him at Sam was because he was playing so well. They wanted to get him on the field. I do think he is just a depth piece though. Anthony Walker has played fabulous since Leonard got back. He isn’t losing his job. Walker is the future there for awhile. Rock has played almost every defensive snap. Sure he has had his moments but for a rookie corner he has played really well. Ballard mentioned he looked up one game and there was five rookies on the field at one time. You don’t win many games playing that many rookies.

Honestly, our SAMs aren't very good, so Okereke playing there doesn't scream reward. Both Adams and Franklin are 7th round guys and more filler than anything. We don't use SAM a lot anyway, but sure, Okereke is better than both. 

I love Walker, and more than fine with sticking with him, but he's not great in coverage. He's better in coverage though, than Okereke is against the run lol. I would not be surprised to see us draft or find a MIKE in FA. I could see us getting a 3 down MLB (starter), keeping Walker (depth), moving Okereke permanently to SAM, and letting Franklin go.

Rock will be fine. He just needs time. He's played more snaps than anyone on the D, and has been asked to do a lot. I think we'll see a big jump in year 2. Willis has great fundamentals, great leader, but a little on the slow side. I think he'll be a fringe starter and at minimum a great depth guy for many years.

56 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Okereke had a bad game against the raiders. He was great against KC. Eberflus said the  reason they put him at Sam was because he was playing so well. They wanted to get him on the field. I do think he is just a depth piece though. Anthony Walker has played fabulous since Leonard got back. He isn’t losing his job. Walker is the future there for awhile. Rock has played almost every defensive snap. Sure he has had his moments but for a rookie corner he has played really well. Ballard mentioned he looked up one game and there was five rookies on the field at one time. You don’t win many games playing that many rookies. Willis is going to be a Star next to hooker for awhile.

willis seems to be the only playmaker and game changer right now the rest seem to be projects not playoff ready

9 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

willis seems to be the only playmaker and game changer right now the rest seem to be projects not playoff ready

You missed the point. The fact we can play all these rookies and not miss a beat says a lot about Ballard’s ability to draft. This was mostly a depth draft. He really built a lot of depth with this draft and ended up getting two starters out of it..

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

You missed the point. The fact we can play all these rookies and not miss a beat says a lot about Ballard’s ability to draft. This was mostly a depth draft. He really built a lot of depth with this draft and ended up getting two starters out of it..

i see what you are saying and ballard has improved our team