Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Warning: Angry Post

MarquisJ

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who was the extra O-Line guy?  I didn’t see that.   But I was at a sports bar where there are lots of distractions.

I thought I saw Ebron out there a fair amount?    Did you see Haeg?  I missed his 73. 

Haeg was in on the long run to the right when Nelson pulled

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. We should of been blowing them out at halftime. Then the refs gave them 3 pts before the half. Steelers have created turnovers all season. This can not happen. Especially when the defense played that well and they couldn’t stop us on offense.

You mean Leonard gave them three points at the half.  Really dumb hit. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Ridiculous take. He’s not going to be perfect on every play, none of them were today and that’s why our QBs kept getting hit. Castonzo, Glow, Smith all let guys through multiple times. The defender had his head cranked up and was pushing him forward! Maybe it was Brissetts fault for not moving out of the way on time? See how ridiculous that sounds? 

Q was getting pushed back and he was "finished off " by the facemark grab. Time to move on. Bottom line is he's our best player and he's not as you say "perfect."

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Everyone can get in Vinny but he never should of been in that position. We should of had them blown out the first half. It was just a weird game. From the refs to the turnovers.

Vinny for a 43 yarder to win it, at one time we'd take that 11 times out of 10. Weird, confusing, exciting, maddening, heartbreaking all in 60 minutes lol. Lord help our Colts.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have to say I am disappointed in this oline though.  Maybe we spoke to soon and firing the Oline coach was a mistake. Brissett might of dodged a couple of those sacks instead of setting us back 20 yards.

I don’t think this is a coaching change issue.

1. Kelly gets hurt. 

2.  Glow is struggling

3.  Smith seems inconsistent.  But that’s to be expected as he’s learning a new position while on the job.  Not sure Smith has played 20 games at tackle in his entire life.  

So center, right guard and right tackle struggled as a group today.   Combine that with a backup quarterback and that’s a recipe for a long day at the office...  

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Yeah well, a good center us the keystone of the OL.  I'd rather have a top flight center than a top flight QB, but I think i'm I'm in the minority there.

In the entire world you are the only one with this comically bad thought. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yankeeclipper said:

Cain has been absent - hard to know if he a keeper or not. This is essentially his rookie season after missing last year.. Funchess injury hurt. Ebron is not a big part of the offense this season. In fact Tight ends are not a big part of the game plan outside of Doyle.  On the other hand Pascal has impressed and Campbell was at least a factor in today's game. I am a bit surprised we have not used our backs more in the offensive passing game. We have Fountain back next season but suspect we will invest in a home run WR either in draft or in offseason FA market

if we get another draft pick ,it may take a few years for them to develop like dorsett, i say we need a proven talent at wr

The Colts are a very average middle of the road team. They will play down too the weaker teams and play up to better teams. I too got caught up in the hype after beating the chiefs. They would have lost that game if Mahomes stays healthy. If Big ben was present, He would have thrown 5 td passes by the half. In the past, I too would have driven the whole family out of the house with bad language and breaking furnature. But now, I just go out and mow the yard and enjoy the sunshine. Then I come here and see how bad it was. Tell Vinny that I will book 2 weeks at his ranch if he will join me there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Penalties, dropped passes, turnovers, special teams fups, we didnt deserve to win that game. JB getting hurt was just the icing on the turd. Oline is terribly inconsistent. Reich is inconsistent. Reichs lip service with AV is getting old, no way he trusts him, hence all of the 4th down conversions. Defense actually did their part today, although Flus should have blitzed a whole lot more. Dude threw some ducks out there today, but our rookie DBs couldnt get their heads around. Suppose all of us can snap back to reality with our team, temper our expectations, and just try to enjoy this roller-coaster. 

when we put this many rookie draft picks on the field we cant expect them to play like proven talent, it  may take a few years to see if they have the talent to be above average

7 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

The Colts are a very average middle of the road team. They will play down too the weaker teams and play up to better teams. I too got caught up in the hype after beating the chiefs. They would have lost that game if Mahomes stays healthy. If Big ben was present, He would have thrown 5 td passes by the half. In the past, I too would have driven the whole family out of the house with bad language and breaking furnature. But now, I just go out and mow the yard and enjoy the sunshine. Then I come here and see how bad it was. Tell Vinny that I will book 2 weeks at his ranch if he will join me there.

Good teams don’t allow turnovers like we did. Otherwise we had the better offense and defense. We stopped ourselves. Good teams would of had a huge lead at the half.

Just now, DEFENSE said:

when we put this many rookie draft picks on the field we cant expect them to play like proven talent, it  may take a few years to see if they have the talent to be above average

Defense was not the issue today. Neither was our rookie WR.

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think this is a coaching change issue.

1. Kelly gets hurt. 

2.  Glow is struggling

3.  Smith seems inconsistent.  But that’s to be expected as he’s learning a new position while on the job.  Not sure Smith has played 20 games at tackle in his entire life.  

So center, right guard and right tackle struggled as a group today.   Combine that with a backup quarterback and that’s a recipe for a long day at the office...  

I don't think Costanzo had one of his better games (pass protection) either ...

I felt like Reich was way too aggressive today with the going for it on 4th down .  I didn't think the Marvell Tell PI call was that good of a challenge,.  I would fuss about the blown two point conversion but that didn't factor much.  What I listed above and Adam V are key things that sunk us today.  That and the fumbles by Chester Rogers, Brian hoyer.

But the fact of the matter is we lost to a horrible steeler team today, just like all but thre times we've played them in the last 47 years. Big deal. For those of you whining about Adam, name me one Colt kicker in the last 47 years that has hit a game tying or game winning kick against the steelers? That's right,none, they have missed every time!!!

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love all the over reaction after a loss.

You overreact to random tweets from third-rate sports "reporters"  :lol:  (I kid, I kid)

But yeah, I know what you mean, this place gets pretty ridiculous after a loss.

Some people think half the team should be benched and the other half should be cut.  :grumpy2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think it was a Carolina panthers player saying how the colts were not using him right and he should come play for the panthers. Ebron liked the tweet.

Oh wow.  Let him walk at the end of the season & go get OJ Howard from the Bucs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What. Our defense played great. He only haven up one big play. 

Really? Our D was disappointing IMO. Our pass rush is poor in general, Rock has been a let down and we easily give up short yardage and allow teams to keep moving the chains. 

That's what I've noticed anyway.

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What. Our defense played great. He only haven up one big play. 

Really? Our D was disappointing IMO. Our pass rush is poor in general, Rock has been a let down and we easily give up short yardage and allow teams to keep moving the chains. 

That's what I've noticed anyway.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Don’t forget another bad Reich call where he went in it on 4th and 4 instead of punting. We could of pinned them deep.

People can’t praise Frank for being aggressive when it works and then complain about it when it fails.  The Colts aren’t going to always be successful with his aggressiveness, however I’ll take it over always watching Pagano send out the punt team on fourth down no matter the situation of the game.  

People B losin their minds.

It was the same game as last week folks.

The difference was the result if the kick at the end.  Very similar feel other than that. About half-way thru the 3rd qtr i was convinced we would pull it out.

CONVINCED.

We are not in the top 3-4 teams (ravens, pats, maybe kc)

i think we can beat them if things go our way, but difficult.

We need JB, hilton, funchess back and a players-onlymeeting like last year.

I think our defense has  enough,but our O doesnt give us any wiggle room for mistakes.  Part is scheme, part is playon the field i think.

We rode the knife-edge for some wins, and now we are seeing the other side of tight games.

This wr corps that was so highly toughted in camp has not lived up to what we thought.  Injuries, youth, and scheme have all played a role.

This one hurt.  A win would have really helped toward a post-season birth.  It also felt like we were the better team.  Even with Hoyer.

I'm bummed, but not going to overreact.

• Like 2

Fact is last year after 8 games we were 3-5, this year we are 5-3(with way below average qb play,qb's who can't complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield). We could easily be 1-7 just like the jest and dolphins(who wants Darnold or Rosen now????) This team is very very talented and fast, we are going to be fine. If I'm a steeler fine I'd be more concerned, they just gave up 3 td passes to Brian Hoyer, think about that for a minute! We are averaging 23 points a game, with subpar qb play, this offense overall is very talented and strong.

10 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Fact is last year after 8 games we were 3-5, this year we are 5-3(with way below average qb play,qb's who can't complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield). We could easily be 1-7 just like the jest and dolphins(who wants Darnold or Rosen now????) This team is very very talented and fast, we are going to be fine. If I'm a steeler fine I'd be more concerned, they just gave up 3 td passes to Brian Hoyer, think about that for a minute! We are averaging 23 points a game, with subpar qb play, this offense overall is very talented and strong.

I disagree.  Brissett nor Hoyer are the reasons we are in close games every week.  

Has the O-Line regressed? Or have they only done well against subpar D-Lines? 

All the Cain hype has been sorely misplaced. 

Also, I said this in another thread, it doesn't matter where the laces are when you kick the ground before you kick the ball. Simple fact is AV has cost 2 games now.  

• Like 2