Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Warning: Angry Post

MarquisJ

5 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

I’m sure a lot fans feel this way. It’s actually very simple.

Cut/Find immediate replacement for tonight:

Mark Glowinski

Adam V

Chester Rodgers

You aren't going to find valid replacements for any of those guys at this point in the year.

Doing this would be tantamount to giving up on the season when we're still 5-3.

But you know that, you're just angry.

Besides, the guy who cost us the game right now isn't any of those guys, it's big Q, who let himself get pushed into Brissett and hurt him.  That might have ended our season, nevermind the game.

7 minutes ago, FRW said:

I'd add Cain to that list.

Cain has needed to be replaced since week 4 at the latest. 

I'm partially convinced that Ballard didn't invest in a WR out of some misplaced faith in his draft pick and if that's the case it's an abject disaster for the Colts because a GM who falls in love with his picks is a GM who will not be decisive when it's time to make the moves necessary to be the best franchise we can possibly be.

We needed a WR at the deadline.  We probably needed 2 WR at the deadling.  I'm still bitter at Ballard for effectively giving us -1 WRs at the deadline, as he HAD to know that TY wasn't 100% by then.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ballard is a great personnel evaluator but an indecisive leader when it comes to making cuts and replacing talent he drafted that needs to be replaced.  You can't afford to fall in love with yourself as a GM, and you can't fall in love with any one individual player or draft pick. 

I'm beginning to fear that Ballard is buying his own hype and that means bad things for the franchise down the road.  Refusing to buy talent at the deadline when there's a chance to compete for playoff glory right in front of you is a massive red flag for this.

As the old adage goes, it's more easily forgiven to try and fail, than to fail to try!

• Like 5

Cain has been absent - hard to know if he a keeper or not. This is essentially his rookie season after missing last year.. Funchess injury hurt. Ebron is not a big part of the offense this season. In fact Tight ends are not a big part of the game plan outside of Doyle.  On the other hand Pascal has impressed and Campbell was at least a factor in today's game. I am a bit surprised we have not used our backs more in the offensive passing game. We have Fountain back next season but suspect we will invest in a home run WR either in draft or in offseason FA market

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'm partially convinced that Ballard didn't invest in a WR out of some misplaced faith in his draft pick and if that's the case it's an abject disaster for the Colts because a GM who falls in love with his picks is a GM who will not be decisive when it's time to make the moves necessary to be the best franchise we can possibly be.

We needed a WR at the deadline.  We probably needed 2 WR at the deadling.  I'm still bitter at Ballard for effectively giving us -1 WRs at the deadline, as he HAD to know that TY wasn't 100% by then.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ballard is a great personnel evaluator but an indecisive leader when it comes to making cuts and replacing talent he drafted that needs to be replaced.  You can't afford to fall in love with yourself as a GM, and you can't fall in love with any one individual player or draft pick. 

I'm beginning to fear that Ballard is buying his own hype and that means bad things for the franchise down the road.  Refusing to buy talent at the deadline when there's a chance to compete for playoff glory right in front of you is a massive red flag for this.

As the old adage goes, it's more easily forgiven to try and fail, than to fail to try!

I’d have to agree we have more than enough money and we sit on it, we need some game changers we need to spend in FA and get some holes filled

• Like 1

Just now, bestQBever said:

It's how we come to terms with who our team really is. After we all calm down, we'll lower our expectations for this team and realize that 8 maybe 9 wins is this teams destiny.

None of their wins have been impressive. They play fairly well but dominate no one. If JB is out for several games the Colts are sunk.

• Like 1

It's how we come to terms with who our team really is. After we all calm down, we'll lower our expectations for this team and realize that 8 maybe 9 wins is this teams destiny.

I think we are better then 8 wins. This was just a weird game. We beat ourselves with turnovers.  We lose our center and no TY and we still were in position to win. Reich blew it T the end settling for a FG. His play calling has me scratching my head at times. One minute he is aggressive the next he is like old Chuck.

20 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

You aren't going to find valid replacements for any of those guys at this point in the year.

Doing this would be tantamount to giving up on the season when we're still 5-3.

But you know that, you're just angry.

Besides, the guy who cost us the game right now isn't any of those guys, it's big Q, who let himself get pushed into Brissett and hurt him.  That might have ended our season, nevermind the game.

Lmao wut 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Oh,  Dear God....

What a pitiful mess.   Just awful. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better then 8 wins. This was just a weird game. We beat ourselves with turnovers.  We lose our center and no TY and we still were in position to win. Reich blew it T the end settling for a FG. His play calling has me scratching my head at times. One minute he is aggressive the next he is like old Chuck.

If we play like we have the past 2 weeks for the rest of the year we are a 8 win team. If we go back to playing penalty free, turnover free football, we are a 9 possilby 10 win team with some luck.

If we play like we have the past 2 weeks for the rest of the year we are a 8 win team. If we go back to playing penalty free, turnover free football, we are a 9 possilby 10 win team with some luck.

We play Miami next week. We should be fine. Denver had a great defense. Today was mental mistakes.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

We play Miami next week. We should be fine. Denver had a great defense. Today was mental mistakes.

You think? Who knows who is playing next week and they have been showing a pulse last couple weeks. I wouldn't bet too much on it. 

• Like 1

This is over-reaction.  Vinny is being discussed in another thread.  Glow should not be replaced yet.  He's played relatively well for Indy for a season and a half.  A bad game or two is no reason to cut a guy who has been doing well for over a year now.  The entire OL played poorly today

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is over-reaction.  Vinny is being discussed in another thread.  Glow should not be replaced yet.  He's played relatively well for Indy for a season and a half.  A bad game or two is no reason to cut a guy who has been doing well for over a year now.  The entire OL played poorly today

Oh it’s not just this game, he is unequivocally the weakest link on the line and has been that. Gets beat more often than not and benefits from having Ryan Kelly and Braden Smith next to him and of course Frank Reich playcalling. Of course we will not find anyone right now off the street (angry post) but I’d be concerned if we don’t address it off-season.

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love all the over reaction after a loss.

And it's done pretty well on this forum.....tbf according to the majority on here we were doomed as soon as Luck retired and should have been about 1-7 by now with Brissett and failing that the season was then lost after we went down at home to the Raiders after which a lot of people then declared eating humble pie after the chiefs win! Maybe the pie has ran out so we're back to being a lost season! Point is teams have to come through adversary and show show character....that will be the judge in the long run.

Same ole Colts...can’t beat anyone that fans actually care about.  So sick of this friggin team finding stupid ways to lose to Pittsburgh.  Bad loss to a very mediocre Steelers team.  More of the same...this game lets me know not to get my hopes up on the Colts making any kind of post season run this year. Colts always cave to Steelers and Pats.  It is what it is.  Smh

• Like 1