Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Warning: Angry Post

MarquisJ

52 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Cain has needed to be replaced since week 4 at the latest. 

I'm partially convinced that Ballard didn't invest in a WR out of some misplaced faith in his draft pick and if that's the case it's an abject disaster for the Colts because a GM who falls in love with his picks is a GM who will not be decisive when it's time to make the moves necessary to be the best franchise we can possibly be.

We needed a WR at the deadline.  We probably needed 2 WR at the deadling.  I'm still bitter at Ballard for effectively giving us -1 WRs at the deadline, as he HAD to know that TY wasn't 100% by then.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ballard is a great personnel evaluator but an indecisive leader when it comes to making cuts and replacing talent he drafted that needs to be replaced.  You can't afford to fall in love with yourself as a GM, and you can't fall in love with any one individual player or draft pick. 

I'm beginning to fear that Ballard is buying his own hype and that means bad things for the franchise down the road.  Refusing to buy talent at the deadline when there's a chance to compete for playoff glory right in front of you is a massive red flag for this.

As the old adage goes, it's more easily forgiven to try and fail, than to fail to try!

TY got hurt after the deadline

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Not having him didn’t cost us the game.

Impossible to know what the outcome would have been if they had their best player

37 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Lmao wut 

Q's job is literally to not get outmuscled like that.  The first stone of the avalanche was Q getting beaten so badly he was thrown into Brissett's leg.  He bears a large share of the blame for how the game went down.  I love Q, but it's just a fact.

9 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Same ole Colts...can’t beat anyone that fans actually care about.  So sick of this friggin team finding stupid ways to lose to Pittsburgh.  Bad loss to a very mediocre Steelers team.  More of the same...this game lets me know not to get my hopes up on the Colts making any kind of post season run this year. Colts always cave to Steelers and Pats.  It is what it is.  Smh

I’m sorry Colts fans for venting.  I’m just so upset right now...very frustrating loss to a team I can’t stand. We are a better team than them and we let this one get away...like we always do when we face them.  New regime...same disappointing outcome.  

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

Q's job is literally to not get outmuscled like that.  The first stone of the avalanche was Q getting beaten so badly he was thrown into Brissett's leg.  He bears a large share of the blame for how the game went down.  I love Q, but it's just a fact.

The defender had his hands inside of his facemask.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

The defender had his hands inside of his facemask.   

Sure, but when I say 'literally his job' I don't mean 'literally his job unless it's inconvenient or someone is breaking the rules."

If an OL gets thrown back into his QB, that's on him.  It is literally their one big job to make sure that they are not the reason their QB gets hurt.

Talk to the refs about not flagging the defender, Q still can't let that happen.

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

No, TY's had that quad issue since the middle of game 3 and as I understand it that's what he's sidelined for now.  Ballard knew dang well that his best WR had a bad wheel and did not get him any backup at all.

He is out with a calf injury he got in practice on Wednesday

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

Sure, but when I say 'literally his job' I don't mean 'literally his job unless it's inconvenient or someone is breaking the rules."

If an OL gets thrown back into his QB, that's on him.  Talk to the refs about not flagging the defender, Q still can't let that happen.

Ok  coach

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Same ole Colts...can’t beat anyone that fans actually care about.  So sick of this friggin team finding stupid ways to lose to Pittsburgh.  Bad loss to a very mediocre Steelers team.  More of the same...this game lets me know not to get my hopes up on the Colts making any kind of post season run this year. Colts always cave to Steelers and Pats.  It is what it is.  Smh

Ditto some things never change 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Missing our qb,  center,  best wr, best CB.    Nobody would have predicted we would have been close at the end

Pittsburgh was missing some key players as well.  They were down their top two runners.  Hoyer is an experienced backup and we got beat by an inexperienced scrub QB...Mason Rudolph.  This Steeler team is weak and this is a bad loss. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I’m sorry Colts fans for venting.  I’m just so upset right now...very frustrating loss to a team I can’t stand. We are a better team than them and we let this one get away...like we always do when we face them.  New regime...same disappointing outcome.  

No need to apologize, we should be free to vent with each other and release some steam. It’s frustrating.

julia louis dreyfus do not want GIF

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Yeah well, a good center us the keystone of the OL.  I'd rather have a top flight center than a top flight QB, but I think i'm I'm in the minority there.

Very small minority.   Like you,   and all the centers vs literally every one else

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Pittsburgh was missing some key players as well.  They were down their top two runners.  Homer is an experienced backup and we got beat by an inexperienced scrub QB...Mason Randolph.  This Steeler team is weak and this is a bad loss. 

All losses are bad.   This one is no different.     And Samuels and Edmunds had very good days. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

All losses are bad.   This one is no different.     And Samuels and Edmunds had very good days. 

All losses count the same on the record true but all losses are not the same.  We got beat by an inferior team because our Colts did not play fundamental football and made too many mistakes.  We play down to opponents and up to opponents.  No consistency or established “ standard of play”.  Hard to go far playing this way hoping to pull out games each week by a wing and a prayer. 

Penalties, dropped passes, turnovers, special teams fups, we didnt deserve to win that game. JB getting hurt was just the icing on the turd. Oline is terribly inconsistent. Reich is inconsistent. Reichs lip service with AV is getting old, no way he trusts him, hence all of the 4th down conversions. Defense actually did their part today, although Flus should have blitzed a whole lot more. Dude threw some ducks out there today, but our rookie DBs couldnt get their heads around. Suppose all of us can snap back to reality with our team, temper our expectations, and just try to enjoy this roller-coaster. 

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So?

We didn’t lose today because of Hoyer.  He made one bad pass.   He played well enough to win.   He showed he can be a quality backup for the Colts. 

Hoyer was not the problem today. 

He was part of the problem because he is a statue in the pocket as I stated earlier.

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He was part of the problem because he is a statue in the pocket as I stated earlier.

Hoyer is what you get as a backup.  He’s not first string.   

All backups have flaws.  All 32 teams deal with this.    

Part of Hoyer’s problem today was an OL that couldn’t handle Pittsburgh’s blitz.   I’m sure that was made worse by the loss of Kelly.

But we still could’ve won today, despite Hoyer’s flaws.    Welcome to the NFL. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Cain has needed to be replaced since week 4 at the latest. 

I'm partially convinced that Ballard didn't invest in a WR out of some misplaced faith in his draft pick and if that's the case it's an abject disaster for the Colts because a GM who falls in love with his picks is a GM who will not be decisive when it's time to make the moves necessary to be the best franchise we can possibly be.

We needed a WR at the deadline.  We probably needed 2 WR at the deadling.  I'm still bitter at Ballard for effectively giving us -1 WRs at the deadline, as he HAD to know that TY wasn't 100% by then.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ballard is a great personnel evaluator but an indecisive leader when it comes to making cuts and replacing talent he drafted that needs to be replaced.  You can't afford to fall in love with yourself as a GM, and you can't fall in love with any one individual player or draft pick. 

I'm beginning to fear that Ballard is buying his own hype and that means bad things for the franchise down the road.  Refusing to buy talent at the deadline when there's a chance to compete for playoff glory right in front of you is a massive red flag for this.

As the old adage goes, it's more easily forgiven to try and fail, than to fail to try!

I couldn't agree more.  His inactivity at the deadline is mind blowing.  We needed at least a WR and we could have used help on the defensive side as well.  Now we are stuck with these terrible WR's and a kicker whose field goal attempt can't stay inside the picture frame.  And we are contenders?  The front office doesn't think so.  He would rather sit on his picks and do nothing and play for next year.  That's what it appears like to me.  What could have been a great run is starting to look real precarious right now.   Too bad.  He had an opportunity to help the team but he couldn't find a way to make a deal.  Which I doubt he even seriously tried because he values his picks so much.   Hold on to those picks and money.  Next year is a few months away.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hoyer is what you get as a backup.  He’s not first string.   

All backups have flaws.  All 32 teams deal with this.    

Part of Hoyer’s problem today was an OL that couldn’t handle Pittsburgh’s blitz.   I’m sure that was made worse by the loss of Kelly.

But we still could’ve won today, despite Hoyer’s flaws.    Welcome to the NFL. 

I think this is why we didn’t see Ebron as much. They had to use a extra oline guy to try and get pass protection.

22 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Penalties, dropped passes, turnovers, special teams fups, we didnt deserve to win that game. JB getting hurt was just the icing on the turd. Oline is terribly inconsistent. Reich is inconsistent. Reichs lip service with AV is getting old, no way he trusts him, hence all of the 4th down conversions. Defense actually did their part today, although Flus should have blitzed a whole lot more. Dude threw some ducks out there today, but our rookie DBs couldnt get their heads around. Suppose all of us can snap back to reality with our team, temper our expectations, and just try to enjoy this roller-coaster. 

Reich is so dang confusing. He is aggressive in spots then the last two weeks he plays it way to conservative at times. Outside that last drive I thought he actually called a good game with no TY. We stopped ourselves. Steelers couldn’t stop us.

25 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

All losses count the same on the record true but all losses are not the same.  We got beat by an inferior team because our Colts did not play fundamental football and made too many mistakes.  We play down to opponents and up to opponents.  No consistency or established “ standard of play”.  Hard to go far playing this way hoping to pull out games each week by a wing and a prayer. 

Yep. We should of been blowing them out at halftime. Then the refs gave them 3 pts before the half. Steelers have created turnovers all season. This can not happen. Especially when the defense played that well and they couldn’t stop us on offense.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

If an OL gets thrown back into his QB, that's on him.  It is literally their one big job to make sure that they are not the reason their QB gets hurt.

Talk to the refs about not flagging the defender, Q still can't let that happen.

Ridiculous take. He’s not going to be perfect on every play, none of them were today and that’s why our QBs kept getting hit. Castonzo, Glow, Smith all let guys through multiple times. The defender had his head cranked up and was pushing him forward! Maybe it was Brissetts fault for not moving out of the way on time? See how ridiculous that sounds? 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better then 8 wins. This was just a weird game. We beat ourselves with turnovers.  We lose our center and no TY and we still were in position to win. Reich blew it T the end settling for a FG. His play calling has me scratching my head at times. One minute he is aggressive the next he is like old Chuck.

Forget the excuses. 

The breaks even up over the season.

If all we had was bad luck we would have losses to Tennessee and Denver and be sitting at 3-5 or worse.

The Colts are an average team.  Get used to it.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think this is why we didn’t see Ebron as much. They had to use a extra oline guy to try and get pass protection.

Who was the extra O-Line guy?  I didn’t see that.   But I was at a sports bar where there are lots of distractions.

I thought I saw Ebron out there a fair amount?    Did you see Haeg?  I missed his 73. 

1 hour ago, bestQBever said:

It's how we come to terms with who our team really is. After we all calm down, we'll lower our expectations for this team and realize that 8 maybe 9 wins is this teams destiny.

Who is we?  I don't see 8 wins as a lot different from the 10 some were beginning to talk about.

11 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Forget the excuses. 

The breaks even up over the season.

If all we had was bad luck we would have losses to Tennessee and Denver and be sitting at 3-5 or worse.

The Colts are an average team.  Get used to it.

Well, if the second half is going to even up same as the first, they are above average.