Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon as a Colt?

Pats put him on IR.

Albert breer says

Source says Patriots WR Josh Gordon expects to be medically cleared soon, and that his knee injury is "minor". I was told he ran 22 MPH on the treadmill during a rehab session today. Once he's cleared, he hopes to be released off of IR and sign with a new team.

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No. By the jags game we should have all six of our WR healthy and playing.

But will they play at a high level. Only two of them are currently. Cain and Roger's haven't done  much. Funchess  and Campbell  who knows what we will get from them.

No to Gordon. 

And I just read an article on nfl.com about trades each team should make. They suggested we trade for AgholorAm and say no to that as well. They are close to getting their full compliment of receivers back and I think Ballard / Reich really like the position. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

No to Gordon. 

And I just read an article on nfl.com about trades each team should make. They suggested we trade for AgholorAm and say no to that as well. They are close to getting their full compliment of receivers back and I think Ballard / Reich really like the position. 

I agree, No and no sassy honey boo boo GIF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If his knee injury is minor, then why exactly is he being released?  For some other reason?

He's not really being released. He's injured and being placed on IR which effectively ends his season (and contract with NE). NE only had one slot left for "IR-designated to return", and they're going to use that on their OT (so no room for Gordon).

Doesn't mean they can re-sign him next year. N'Keal Harry is due back next week from injury, so they're probably happy with Edleman/Sanu/Dorsett/Harry going forward.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

He's not really being released. He's injured and being placed on IR which effectively ends his season (and contract with NE). NE only had one slot left for "IR-designated to return", and they're going to use that on their OT (so no room for Gordon).

Doesn't mean they can re-sign him next year. N'Keal Harry is due back next week from injury, so they're probably happy with Edleman/Sanu/Dorsett/Harry going forward.

Now THIS is an excellent answer.

Seriously good.   All posters should read it, and then read it again.   Very helpful.

Good job.     :thmup:

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

If his knee injury is minor, then why exactly is he being released?  For some other reason?

Good question.   Glad someone asked it.   I was about to.   Turns out, the next post, by East Street,  had all the answers anyone could want.   But I yours was still the right question to ask. 

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

No to Gordon. 

I’m with you there: the Colts acquiring Eagles players hasn’t worked out well (Herremans, Cole and who can forget Hank “the hands” Baskett)?
   I still think Cain and Campbell will be worked into games during the year. Reich will find a way.
  And I think Rogers will break a PR this year.

I’m glad Ballard didn’t go after players, though talented, might not fit for the Colts.

When they consider players, they look at

character.

Pass

3 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Pats put him on IR.

Albert breer says

Source says Patriots WR Josh Gordon expects to be medically cleared soon, and that his knee injury is "minor". I was told he ran 22 MPH on the treadmill during a rehab session today. Once he's cleared, he hopes to be released off of IR and sign with a new team.

**** ************ ********** ****** **** no

(don’t worry mods, no profanity, I just felt like typing little asterisks) hahahahahaha

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

1) Not gonna happen.  

2) I am not sure there is a more tired message board phrase than "kick the tires."

Hey speak for yourself mister. I am very good at kicking tyres. Only yesterday I successfully kicked all 4 tyres on a Volvo in under 3.2 seconds, and I have been featured in 'Pirelli Monthly' as the next 'top thing'. With Ferrari lobbying for Olympic status, I could be front page news in years to come.....

Now lay off my sport. Just because you bought me a beer at the LOS once......

• Like 1

MHO someone's reading way too much into the Sanu trade.  The patriots can compensate for the arrival of Sanu without sarificing Gordon

Assuming Gordon gets healthy, the Patriots depth chart goes like so

Edelman

Sanu/Gordon

Gordon/Sanu

Dorsett

Meyers

With Olzewski and Slater as special teams guys who fill in on occasion

Call me nuts but I don't see a surplus there.  That's a good deep corps but not exactly overloaded.  Solid 1-3 and 2 decent depth guys but nothing otherworldly.  Why the hek would the Pats trade Gordon with that in mind?  Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Right now the most likely casualty of the Sanu trade is the malcontented Michael Bennett

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Hey speak for yourself mister. I am very good at kicking tyres. Only yesterday I successfully kicked all 4 tyres on a Volvo in under 3.2 seconds, and I have been featured in 'Pirelli Monthly' as the next 'top thing'. With Ferrari lobbying for Olympic status, I could be front page news in years to come.....

Now lay off my sport. Just because you bought me a beer at the LOS once......

I kick all my 18 tires, every time I stop the truck.

Between TY, Ebron and Doyle and Pascal, the Colts have plenty of quality pass catchers. I'd even add Hines in there (who I'd like to see lined up at WR some) 

Plus the Colts have Funchess and Campbell coming back at some point. (Plus Fountain is already jogging) 

Gordon is a head case that doesn't fit into the Colts culture. 

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Ok thanks.  NE didn't have a return from IR slot available when they placed him on IR.  I get it.

How bad was the knee injury when they placed him on IR, knowing they were out of slots for returning, or maybe they didn't know that at the time?