Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon as a Colt?


Recommended Posts

Pats put him on IR.


Albert breer says

Source says Patriots WR Josh Gordon expects to be medically cleared soon, and that his knee injury is "minor". I was told he ran 22 MPH on the treadmill during a rehab session today. Once he's cleared, he hopes to be released off of IR and sign with a new team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No. By the jags game we should have all six of our WR healthy and playing.

But will they play at a high level. Only two of them are currently. Cain and Roger's haven't done  much. Funchess  and Campbell  who knows what we will get from them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No to Gordon. 
 

And I just read an article on nfl.com about trades each team should make. They suggested we trade for AgholorAm and say no to that as well. They are close to getting their full compliment of receivers back and I think Ballard / Reich really like the position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

No to Gordon. 
 

And I just read an article on nfl.com about trades each team should make. They suggested we trade for AgholorAm and say no to that as well. They are close to getting their full compliment of receivers back and I think Ballard / Reich really like the position. 

I agree, No and no sassy honey boo boo GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If his knee injury is minor, then why exactly is he being released?  For some other reason?

He's not really being released. He's injured and being placed on IR which effectively ends his season (and contract with NE). NE only had one slot left for "IR-designated to return", and they're going to use that on their OT (so no room for Gordon).

 

Doesn't mean they can re-sign him next year. N'Keal Harry is due back next week from injury, so they're probably happy with Edleman/Sanu/Dorsett/Harry going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

He's not really being released. He's injured and being placed on IR which effectively ends his season (and contract with NE). NE only had one slot left for "IR-designated to return", and they're going to use that on their OT (so no room for Gordon).

 

Doesn't mean they can re-sign him next year. N'Keal Harry is due back next week from injury, so they're probably happy with Edleman/Sanu/Dorsett/Harry going forward.

Now THIS is an excellent answer.

 

Seriously good.   All posters should read it, and then read it again.   Very helpful.

 

Good job.     :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougDew said:

If his knee injury is minor, then why exactly is he being released?  For some other reason?


Good question.   Glad someone asked it.   I was about to.   Turns out, the next post, by East Street,  had all the answers anyone could want.   But I yours was still the right question to ask. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

No to Gordon. 
 

And I just read an article on nfl.com about trades each team should make. They suggested we trade for AgholorAm and say no to that as well. They are close to getting their full compliment of receivers back and I think Ballard / Reich really like the position. 

   I’m with you there: the Colts acquiring Eagles players hasn’t worked out well (Herremans, Cole and who can forget Hank “the hands” Baskett)?
   I still think Cain and Campbell will be worked into games during the year. Reich will find a way.
  And I think Rogers will break a PR this year.

  I’m glad Ballard didn’t go after players, though talented, might not fit for the Colts.

   When they consider players, they look at

character.

    Pass

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Pats put him on IR.


Albert breer says

Source says Patriots WR Josh Gordon expects to be medically cleared soon, and that his knee injury is "minor". I was told he ran 22 MPH on the treadmill during a rehab session today. Once he's cleared, he hopes to be released off of IR and sign with a new team.

**** ************ ********** ****** **** no

 

 

 

 

(don’t worry mods, no profanity, I just felt like typing little asterisks) hahahahahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

 

1) Not gonna happen.  

 

2) I am not sure there is a more tired message board phrase than "kick the tires."

Hey speak for yourself mister. I am very good at kicking tyres. Only yesterday I successfully kicked all 4 tyres on a Volvo in under 3.2 seconds, and I have been featured in 'Pirelli Monthly' as the next 'top thing'. With Ferrari lobbying for Olympic status, I could be front page news in years to come.....

 

Now lay off my sport. Just because you bought me a beer at the LOS once......

Link to post
Share on other sites

MHO someone's reading way too much into the Sanu trade.  The patriots can compensate for the arrival of Sanu without sarificing Gordon

 

Assuming Gordon gets healthy, the Patriots depth chart goes like so

 

Edelman

Sanu/Gordon

Gordon/Sanu

Dorsett

Meyers

 

With Olzewski and Slater as special teams guys who fill in on occasion

 

Call me nuts but I don't see a surplus there.  That's a good deep corps but not exactly overloaded.  Solid 1-3 and 2 decent depth guys but nothing otherworldly.  Why the hek would the Pats trade Gordon with that in mind?  Makes absolutely no sense to me.

 

Right now the most likely casualty of the Sanu trade is the malcontented Michael Bennett

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Hey speak for yourself mister. I am very good at kicking tyres. Only yesterday I successfully kicked all 4 tyres on a Volvo in under 3.2 seconds, and I have been featured in 'Pirelli Monthly' as the next 'top thing'. With Ferrari lobbying for Olympic status, I could be front page news in years to come.....

 

Now lay off my sport. Just because you bought me a beer at the LOS once......

I kick all my 18 tires, every time I stop the truck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Between TY, Ebron and Doyle and Pascal, the Colts have plenty of quality pass catchers. I'd even add Hines in there (who I'd like to see lined up at WR some) 

 

Plus the Colts have Funchess and Campbell coming back at some point. (Plus Fountain is already jogging) 

 

Gordon is a head case that doesn't fit into the Colts culture. 

 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

He's not really being released. He's injured and being placed on IR which effectively ends his season (and contract with NE). NE only had one slot left for "IR-designated to return", and they're going to use that on their OT (so no room for Gordon).

 

Doesn't mean they can re-sign him next year. N'Keal Harry is due back next week from injury, so they're probably happy with Edleman/Sanu/Dorsett/Harry going forward.

Ok thanks.  NE didn't have a return from IR slot available when they placed him on IR.  I get it.

 

How bad was the knee injury when they placed him on IR, knowing they were out of slots for returning, or maybe they didn't know that at the time? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • You don't know what Ballard did or didn't do. Just maybe Ngakoue wanted to be traded to the Ravens?  You act like every player wants to come to the Colts and when they don't, it's Ballards fault.  Your attitude aimed at Ballard is what is sad. 
    • What the hell is he throwing at? I remember going to Kings Island and throwing 3 straight balls through a small circle at 10 years old. I was only 10 so I gave the huge teddy Bear to my mom  . The people that seen that could not believe it, they were shaking my hand and calling me a mini Terry Bradshaw , yeah that was when Bradshaw was popular  .
    • I could hold so many numbers in reverence.  I don't want to see anyone else wearing 88 because Harrison is right up there with Manning for me.  I didn't like seeing Walden wearing 93.  I don't like seeing Hines wearing 21.   But logistically, we need all the numbers.  Even 18.  I wouldn't be mad to see some rookie WR wearing 18.  I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't be mad about it.   And I'm not mad about Harris wearing 12.  It's still Lucks' number in my mind, so I don't like it, but I'm not mad about it.  
    • 1.Colts have a little over $9m cap space left this season. Would probably take most off the remaining space to trade for him. We definitely need to roll some over.   2. Who knows if it was league wide knowledge the Vikings were moving him. Maybe the Ravens just hit them up and struck a deal.     Everyone seems to think they have all the Intel on this.   Doesn't matter if JB $20m is dropping off next year, that doesn't give us more cap space than we already have. It's already figured in.   The cap is going to drop quite a bit next year as well and we will need every $ we have.   Yannick would be nice but hes not in the cards.    Turay has proven to be a good pass rusher when healthy.   Tyquan is playing very well in his limited action this year.   Jury still out on Banogu.   Ballard knew 100%? You don't know that, and even if he did everything I mentioned above plays into it why we didn't go after him.     Armchair GM game is strong in this thread.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...