Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Up Next - Denver

Barry Sears

I think we've pretty much covered that big win over Houston on Sunday, so let's look at our next opponent.

Denver actually scares me a bit...not saying it's a trap game, but after two big wins against two very good teams, it's possible for a let down against a weak Broncos team.

Their offense isn't very good, but they do have some weapons in the backfield.  I think if we get pressure on Flacco, then he's going to be ineffective.  If they decide to run the ball, then we need to be ready to stuff the running game.

Defensively, they aren't terrible...they have some very good DBs, so we may be running the running the ball more this week.

Reich has done a very good job designing an offensive game plan to exploit the opponent's weaknesses, so I expect the same this Sunday.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I think we've pretty much covered that big win over Houston on Sunday, so let's look at our next opponent.

Denver actually scares me a bit...not saying it's a trap game, but after two big wins against two very good teams, it's possible for a let down against a weak Broncos team.

Their offense isn't very good, but they do have some weapons in the backfield.  I think if we get pressure on Flacco, then he's going to be ineffective.  If they decide to run the ball, then we need to be ready to stuff the running game.

Defensively, they aren't terrible...they have some very good DBs, so we may be running the running the ball more this week.

Reich has done a very good job designing an offensive game plan to exploit the opponent's weaknesses, so I expect the same this Sunday.

Thoughts?

I feel pretty much the same way. Plus Flacco is usually good for one big game a year, he's kind of due. 

Denver's offense is just bad. Flacco is a shell of himself. After playing teams like the Chiefs (Mahomes) and Texans (Watson) and even the Raiders (Carr), our defense has to be salivating at this game. I do not want to jinx it and say we will win fairly easily but that is a good possibility if we just play our normal game.

• Like 4

The Broncos have looked mostly terrible on offense. They have an okay running game but we did pretty well against the run against the Texans. I don't know, even though it seems like we should shut their offense down I can't help but think they'll put up some points on us, not a lot but enough to make it a game. I think Lindsay could have a good outing against us. 

For us on offense, Hilton vs Harris is the big one to watch. I really hope our run game can bounce back this week.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Denver's offense is just bad. Flacco is a shell of himself. After playing teams like the Chiefs (Mahomes) and Texans (Watson) and even the Raiders (Carr), our defense has to be salivating at this game. I do not want to jinx it and say we will win fairly easily but that is a good possibility if we just play our normal game.

A complete game on offense where the run game and pass game both does well would be very good for this game.

• Like 1

Colts should win this game...however...I think it will be closer than the current line...and will resemble the TEN game moreso than the HOU or ATL games. DEN and TEN both have good pass defenses...while teams like HOU and ATL (LAC as well) are bottom tier. So I think the run game will be play a critical role. 

The hallmark of a balanced team is being able to win different types of games...and this will be another test.

To me it’s going to be Denver’s offense that loses this game. I see a few turnovers by their offense and some sacks. I think we will end up with a short field a couple of times.

Just now, richard pallo said:

What are we waiting for?  Two WR's moved today to contenders.  How about Agohlor to play against Denver if we think we need offense.   Defense works for me too.  We are legitimate contenders.  Ballard must be working the phones.  How can he not be.

If pascal keeps playing like he has and we get funchess back I think we are fine. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

To me it’s going to be Denver’s offense that loses this game. I see a few turnovers by their offense and some sacks. I think we will end up with a short field a couple of times.

If pascal keeps playing like he has and we get funchess back I think we are fine. 

Do we want to ride it out on an IF?  An undrafted WR who had one big game.  Maybe we will but it's a risk.  

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

What are we waiting for?  Two WR's moved today to contenders.  How about Agohlor to play against Denver if we think we need offense.   Defense works for me too.  We are legitimate contenders.  Ballard must be working the phones.  How can he not be.

He doesn't like trading away picks.   You get your hopes up every year,   and are confused when nothing happens.    If you listen to him it's clear.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He doesn't like trading away picks.   You get your hopes up every year,   and are confused when nothing happens.    If you listen to him it's clear.   

Getting CB to trade away picks might be harder than getting Polian to extend the contract of a LB. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I’m sure he’s inquired as to price but I highly doubt you’ll see him make a trade... hmm this seems to be deja vu

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m sure he’s inquired as to price but I highly doubt you’ll see him make a trade... hmm this seems to be deja vu

It does seem to be deja vu.  But this years situation is different than last years.  This time last year we were 1-5.  Now we are 4-2 and could have been 5-1 if Vinatieri was his old self.  Different circumstances.   Ballard's past suggests he stands pat though.  Should be an interesting week coming up to see if he really does let the deadline walk on by. 

in all seriousness, this could be a tough game.  It's not like Denver has been blown out in any games except the KC game.  Their offense is not good (27 in AER) but their defense is tough (#4 AER).  They still have Von Miller and a FS that is playing as well any any FS in the NFL.

The Colts are going to have to bring their A game to come away with a win.

• Like 3

Being at home, with a defense that is getting healthy, I feel very confident. Brissett's confidence has to be high, as does the offense's knowing they can win on the ground or the air (but preferably with a dominating balanced approach.) If Leonard and Hooker were both out, I'd be concerned. The energy will be there with both of those guys on the field this week. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Do we want to ride it out on an IF?  An undrafted WR who had one big game.  Maybe we will but it's a risk.  

We probably get Funchess back for the jags game.  With the schedule I think we can ride it out. Someone would have to be cut when DF comes back because we aren’t keeping 7 WR. 

I know I'm going to be slammed for saying it, but this is still a pretty young team.

TRAAAAAAPP GAAAAAME!!!

Young teams sometimes overlook bad opponents and this could be the case this coming Sunday.  Hope Reich & company keep the 1-0 mantra pinned to the bulletin board.

• Like 1