How will chargers game turn out?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How will chargers game turn out?

• Colts get blown out
    • Colts lose in close one
    • Colts blow the chargers out
    • Colts win in a close one
    • Game ends in a tie

I would of said Chargers by two tds after Luck retired, but after seeing this teams final 53, some press conferences, and Chargers injuries, I think this will be a close game. Predict a 24-20 Colts loss, but I think we play well on offense and defense, and Brissett has a good first game for us.

• Like 1

Mack is gonna have a big day cause the Chargers can’t stop RBs to save their lives. 

That being said, the Chargers are gonna put out of the same defense against Brissett that they did against Lamar Jackson in the playoffs last season. And I don’t think Brissett is gonna be able to solve that defense even without Derwin James in the lineup for the Chargers.

20-13 Chargers imo.

5 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Mack is gonna have a big day cause the Chargers can’t stop RBs to save their lives. 

That being said, the Chargers are gonna put out of the same defense against Brissett that they did against Lamar Jackson in the playoffs last season. And I don’t think Brissett is gonna be able to solve that defense even without Derwin James in the lineup for the Chargers.

20-13 Chargers imo.

Brissett is a completely different QB than Lamar. Literally the only things they have in common are the color of their skin and that they are both QB's. Lamar is a terrible passer and runs on most plays while Jacoby is a pocket passer and rarely runs with the ball. 

It'll be a close game though, but I think you edge us out because of QB play.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Brissett is a completely different QB than Lamar. Literally the only things they have in common are the color of their skin and that they are both QB's. Lamar is a terrible passer and runs on most plays while Jacoby is a pocket passer and rarely runs with the ball. 

It'll be a close game though, but I think you edge us out because of QB play.

Literally took the word right out of my mouth lol totally different type of qb 

• Like 1

Chargers offence is great, but their injuries/absences and our improved defence gives me confidence in that department. Rivers will get his, but I don’t think this defence is giving up 30+ against them.

I have faith in our receivers and tight ends to make plays down the field, especially with James missing. 

But the game will be won or lost in the trenches (as usual). Specifically our Oline vs their stacked front seven. Ingram and Bosa are ridiculous, but this Oline is good too. Let’s hope they can handle it.

50 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

20-13 Chargers imo.

Well if they do that, then colts fan got nothing to worry about haha 

2 hours ago, Anonymous said:

20-13 Chargers imo.

What would you say is the strength of the Chargers offensively and defensively?

5 hours ago, Anonymous said:

20-13 Chargers imo.

Unlike Jackson, Brissett can actually make throws in the pocket.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts win 19-17 as Vinny kicks 4 FG's. It will be a defensive battle. All the talk shows on September 9th will be talking about this game after we shock Rivers and crew. 

Of course this is wishful thinking but very possible. 

Defense could very well show out this game, I think a lot of people are sleeping on this unit. 

You are right, this will be a defensive showdown and our defensive unit is going to send a message to the rest of the league.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Anonymous said:

20-13 Chargers imo.

Why would the Chargers run that defense against the Colts? That defense was a fluke born out of necessity because they're linebacking corps were completely decimated by injury. They have revamped their linebackers and it's actually one of the stronger units on the defense. That being said, I think the Colts will play them to the teeth, but the Chargers find a way to squeak this one out.

4 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Defense could very well show out this game, I think a lot of people are sleeping on this unit. 

You are right, this will be a defensive showdown and our defensive unit is going to send a message to the rest of the league.

Yeah my brain is telling me Chargers 24-17, my heart says 19-17 Colts. I am hoping the defense is as good as advertised and Brissett plays well enough and doesn't turn the ball over to pull the game out. I can see Vinny possibly making several FG's in this game.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 5:49 AM, Jagged said:

Why would the Chargers run that defense against the Colts? That defense was a fluke born out of necessity because they're linebacking corps were completely decimated by injury. They have revamped their linebackers and it's actually one of the stronger units on the defense. That being said, I think the Colts will play them to the teeth, but the Chargers find a way to squeak this one out.

A fluke born out of necessity.  That may have to be my new slogan.   

The first game is still teams working out kinks.  Bad teams win sometimes.  Can’t put much into it.   

Teams don’t even know who their true starters are 

52 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Does this change anyone’s predictions. Our Dline should feast on this oline.

This defense needs the confidence of a great start this season... Let's hope Turay, Muhammad, Houston, Autry, Ward, Lewis and Hunt all bring the heat. That's a better defensive line than we have had in a while. I look for Turay to break out this year. He looked very good to me this preseason and had a good offseason. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

This defense needs the confidence of a great start this season... Let's hope Turay, Muhammad, Houston, Autry, Ward, Lewis and Hunt all bring the heat. That's a better defensive line than we have had in a while. I look for Turay to break out this year. He looked very good to me this preseason and had a good offseason. 

It could be a huge defensive game. Their dline is pretty great too. We just have a better oline then their oline.  Going to be fun.

After thinking it over I believe the colts D line n linebackers get too Rivers with pressure n sacks against their average O Line causing a cpl interceptions cpl fumbles. They show off speed up middle n around the edge !! Our offense takes a while but with good 2nd n 4th quarters Colts win 12 point margin!! This isn't old colts team its the new colts team playing as a team offense defense n special teams !! Go Colts ! 

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2019 at 4:57 PM, coltsfeva said:

What would you say is the strength of the Chargers offensively and defensively?

Offensively our strength will always be Rivers being able to diagnose what the defense is doing before the play begins. This is the reason he’s been so successful for so long despite having dog **** O line in front of him. He makes the receivers and RBs look better than they actually are.

I think Hunter Henry will surprise many Colts fans and be a major X factor.

Defensively, our strength is in our pass rush. Joey Bosa is finally completely healthy and Colts will have to double team him meaning Melvin Ingram, Jerry Tillery etc will have advantageous matchups. 

Our CB #2 Michael Davis absolutely sucks and never turns his head to the ball. Colts would be smart to target him from the start because he’s an easy target to draw PI flags from.

Derwin James isn’t available for this one but I think Nassir Adderley will have a break out game in this one.

• Thanks 1