Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

I can see Reich working Kelly in the gameplan with this zone read. Similar to how the Saints work Taysom Hill in. Not that Kelly is as athletic as Hill, but he can run this zone read with a pass option and really throw a wrench in defensive gameplanning without putting Brissett at risk running it. 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not worried about that with Reich. His plays will be designed to get it out quick.

All I mean is quick throws aren't really Brissett's bread and butter. Obviously his deep ball is great. And while I do think Brissett is the overall better QB at the moment, I like Kelly a little more on these short routes. Nice mix of velocity and touch. I like him a lot in these RPO's too. Seems quicker than Brissett.

One thing to ponder........

This team went from "Andrew's team"..... to "OUR team" in the psyche of these players.

They are young.  I hope they each  take their own  "ownership" of this team.  Effort-wise, they certainly are playing that way tonight.

Another advantage of building the right kind of locker room.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

All I mean is quick throws aren't really Brissett's bread and butter. Obviously his deep ball is great. And while I do think Brissett is the overall better QB at the moment, I like Kelly a little more on these short routes. Actually, I like him a lot in that RPO too. Seems quicker on his feet than Brissett.

It’s all going to be the plays called. Campbell will help a ton with getting that ball out quick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

One thing to ponder........

This team went from "Andrew's team"..... to "OUR team" in the psyche of these players.

They are young.  I hope they each  take their own  "ownership" of this team.  Effort-wise, they certainly are playing that way tonight.

Another advantage of building the right kind of locker room.

This why it’s very possible that this team actually could end up being better. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Kelly is playing against scrubs. Most wont have a job after Sat.

True, but the same can be said with the reverse.  Just also imagine him playing with Ty, Ebron, Doyle, Campbell, Cain, Mack behind a starting OL! That being said since he's a back up he honestly may have more chemistry with the others.  I do think the backup OL however is probably not very good.  

I'd like to see CK take another shot deep.  

Tell got beat on the sideline throw but was still in position to make a solid tackle. He's gotta have 4-5 with several of them in open field plus a couple pass breakups including one in the end zone. Cemented his spot if you ask me.

E.J. Speed has got to have 10 tackles. He's diagnosed plays quickly, shed blocks and made solid tackles at the line and in space. Far outplayed Adams and Franklin this preseason fo sho! Cemented his spot. 

Pascal and Rogers are making the roster purely based off of special teams skills - not because they've outplayed the others.