Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

We can’t go wrong with whatever TE we keep. Hale might be ahead be ahead because of his blocking ability and now having JB at QB.

Campbell getting his first catch.

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I see why. It just amazes me. These guys are so skilled to get to this level, and they look like they have never worked on punt returning ever in their lives. How is that?

Not sure.

But my brother and I used to sit at my nephew's high school football games CONVINCED we could easily make 35 yard field goals.  Like.... convinced.

I think some things just appear easier than they are.

UGH I’m watching the stream from Cincinnati and it’s annoying me that they are talking about Luck.... umm excuse me, SOME of us are trying to move ON people!!!

Kelly is coming back down to earth without Cain. That was a badly thrown ball. A good QB would of had Parris for the TD.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Eh. Awful ball by Kelly. 

I'm yet to be as impressed by this guy as many on this forum are... I'll continue to reserve full judgment until I see more. 

I really wanted to see what Campbell could do there. Give him something to work with... 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Kelly is coming back down to earth without Cain. That was a badly thrown ball. A good QB would of had Parris for the TD.

Yeah, let your WR run under.  He shorted him instead.

We all knew he wasn't perfect.

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not sure.

But my brother and I used to sit at my nephew's high school football games CONVINCED we could easily make 35 yard field goals.  Like.... convinced.

I think some things just appear easier than they are.

And I don't discount how difficult it is. I know, as I never could return myself. But I was a defensive guy with bad hands. I just can't imagine that most of the stud receivers in the leage wouln't be stud returners like TY was his rookie year or that AB was in Pittsburgh for so long. 

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I was on the Kelly hype....but that was definitely a bad ball....maybe he just doesn't realize how fast Campbell is?

I think the Colts need to get Paris Campbell off the field.  We need him for the opener...healthy.

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

I was on the Kelly hype....but that was definitely a bad ball....maybe he just doesn't realize how fast Campbell is?

Could be.  Campbell has been out about 13 or so days.  May not have had a lot of reps with him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Young QB's make mistakes will see what he does for the rest of the half if they keep him in there that long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think the Colts need to get Paris Campbell off the field.  We need him for the opener...healthy.

He's got to get some burn so he can test that hammy.  I have no issue with him playing a few more series.

• Like 2

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Could be.  Campbell has been out about 13 or so days.  May not have had a lot of reps with him.

Campbell's been out since week 1 of TC.

I still like Chad Kelly.  All young QBs will make their share of mistakes.  Hopefully he can learn quickly from them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Parris had to stop running when he realized it was a bad throw. I really would of loved to see him get that TD. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I still like Chad Kelly.  All young QBs will make their share of mistakes.  Hopefully he can learn quickly from them. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Parris had to stop running when he realized it was a bad throw. I really would of loved to see him get that TD. 

This is what pre-season is all about.  Make your mistakes here and don't do them in the real games - or again this game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

he hasn't got to play with him like at all for one and all the weapons he has built good chemistry with are bot playing so that sucks 

5 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

He's got to get some burn so he can test that hammy.  I have no issue with him playing a few more series.

Yeah...I figured that's why he is out there.  But hopefully not for too much longer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Campbell needs some live reps IMO!

• Like 1

Even the NY Media talked a lot about Campbell last winter .

One thing Kelly definitely has on Brissett is a quicker release. That's one thing that kinda worries me about Brissett. Kelly gets it out so fast (and pretty accurately) on all these short throws.

• Like 5

TY, Funchess, Campbell, Rogers,  Cain, Hogan.

I REALLY like the potential there.

I like the young TE too.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

One thing Kelly definitely has on Brissett is a quicker release. That's one thing that kinda worries me about Brissett. Kelly gets it out so fast (and pretty accurately) on all these short throws.

Not worried about that with Reich. His plays will be designed to get it out quick.

Nice option there for Kelly.  The oceans parted for him.  He HAD to run that one in, lol.