Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

I don't think they will bring in someone for 2 weeks that doesn't even know the playbook....I think he's safe. Just my opinion of course.

They brought in Briskett a week before the season started and he ran the show in 2017.  It can be done.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Unless we sign someone in the next 3 days, he'll be here after Saturday. 

Honestly I'm fine with rolling the dice for 2 weeks until CK is back.

Walker blows sign somebody.

I also noticed the QB for the bengals tonight is the guy we passed on signing for Kelly.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

haha...that is very true.

It all depends on how management feels about those two games.  If they feel they can "throw" those 2 games then they just roll with Walker.  If they want to stay competitive then they sign someone.  They clearly have the money to blow on a vet for one year.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I also noticed the QB for the bengals tonight is the guy we passed on signing for Kelly.

Look at it this way, who are we going to sign off the street that would come in and win @ LAC and @ TN ?  If JB goes down, they're losses anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

haha...that is very true.

It all depends on how management feels about those two games.  If they feel they can "throw" those 2 games then they just roll with Walker.  If they want to stay competitive then they sign someone.  They clearly have the money to blow on a vet for one year.

We would only be throwing the game if JB go hurt. A veteran off the street isn’t going to win either if JB gets hurt so I don’t think it really matters.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

OK I tried to defend Walker last week with the horrible offensive line play, but no more. He is trash. I thought he was really turning a corner last year, but I'm scared to have him as the backup.

I like Walker!! AS the 3rd guy!!!

Not Walker's fault there....good throw, no reason not to catch that!

Sorry, I forgot I had paused my DVR for about 3 minutes!:headspin:

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would only be throwing the game if JB go hurt. A veteran off the street isn’t going to win either if JB gets hurt so I don’t think it really matters.

Agree.  That's what I was eluding to - if JB gets hurt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Cincinnati's QB is pretty good. Just saying! 

The 3rd stringer for the Bears was pretty good as well.

Andrews sure does rack up some penalties.  Last week and this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

LOL....Bengals got reamed!

I've got a feeling that play will be reviewed a lot this year.

• Like 1

Can we all agree that Venturi was mildly entertaining in the pre-season....his "chicken salad" comment was the highlight!

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Can we all agree that Venturi was mildly entertaining in the pre-season....his "chicken salad" comment was the highlight!

I would have no clue since I watch preseason games in coach mode

No commentary 

• Haha 1

We might actually pull this off. The backups on defense looked pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Jojo made multiple big plays in preseason and had some great punt returns with us which earned him the job on the Rams. 

Penny Hart has done nothing but muff two punts.

This basically his first opportunity. JoJo fumbled a couple in his first opportunity as well. He then had 3 more preseason games to recover. Hart will not have that opportunity.

It's petty and dumb that Kelly is benched for two games. For what? He sat on someone's couch for a couple minutes until getting hit with a vacuum cleaner hose and then he left. If he came and sat on my couch, I'd offer him a beer and snacks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I would have no clue since I watch preseason games in coach mode

No commentary 

I find Venturi comical at times...but I'm not sure he intends to be!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best part of the game, when the Colts take knee haha . That means a smell of victory. 

haha...true, but my highlight is seeing Campbell take off after catch.  Man, I lit up after I saw that.

• Like 1

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

I find Venturi comical at times...but I'm not sure he intends to be!

The only thing I am missing is a play chart and notebook to make Scouting notes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

haha...true, but my highlight is seeing Campbell take off after catch.  Man, I lit up after I saw that.

Kelly hit him perfectly in stride on that play too.....we may see more of that in the regular season!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rebel said:

It's petty and dumb that Kelly is benched for two games. For what? He sat on someone's couch for a couple minutes until getting hit with a vacuum cleaner hose and then he left. If he came and sat on my couch, I'd offer him a beer and snacks.

But hopefully that convinces him to address his problem.  You have to admit, it's not a good sign

• Like 2

Fun fact

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Kelly hit him perfectly in stride on that play too.....we may see more of that in the regular season!

Those kind of plays are going to help JB a ton.

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

It may not have been the most eventful game, but man we needed this win!

This season has me curious. Ballard has put together a good defense and O.Line + he hired a smart HC. He also did not trade Brissett which looks to be smart right now if Brissett plays well. We would've been really screwed had we traded Brissett thinking Luck was playing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

But hopefully that convinces him to address his problem.  You have to admit, it's not a good sign

The police said his toxicology came back clean. He must have taken something that doesn't show up on a drug screen.

He needs a minder. Can they assign the water boy or Phillip Walker to babysit him? 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fun fact

Those kind of plays are going to help JB a ton.

I hope JB does great....I'm not rooting for a QB controversy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Look at it this way, who are we going to sign off the street that would come in and win @ LAC and @ TN ?  If JB goes down, they're losses anyway. 

Never know Walker would do what he does best throw picks and fumble the ball.

11 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I hope JB does great....I'm not rooting for a QB controversy. 

Keep dreaming lol.

30 minutes ago, Nadine said:

He also threatened to spray an entire bar with an assault rifle and fought with Police when they came. That is a terrorist threat. As serious as it gets. Sounds like one of those guys that shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all.

Got to watch the game tonight. Looked pretty good. A lot of guys who played tonight won't be here in a couple of days. I think Phillips made the team tonight. Tell did. Speed did. Skai Moore also. Did we even blitz on one play in the 4 preseason games-I don't think so. I'm going to say it again, Hentges stays over Travis. I know I'm a little more excited about Chad Kelly than most on here, I think this is Brissetts job he will really have to stink it up to lose the starting job. Kick off 10 days away.

49 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

This basically his first opportunity. JoJo fumbled a couple in his first opportunity as well. He then had 3 more preseason games to recover. Hart will not have that opportunity.

Jo Jo had a good preaseason until the last game against the bengals where he would then fumble not one time not two times but 3 times.

5 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Got to watch the game tonight. Looked pretty good. A lot of guys who played tonight won't be here in a couple of days. I think Phillips made the team tonight. Tell did. Speed did. Skai Moore also. Did we even blitz on one play in the 4 preseason games-I don't think so. I'm going to say it again, Hentges stays over Travis. I know I'm a little more excited about Chad Kelly than most on here, I think this is Brissetts job he will really have to stink it up to lose the starting job. Kick off 10 days away.

I think cox and Ebron are the same so I think we do keep hale as a Doyle backup.