Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Walker blows sign somebody.

I also noticed the QB for the bengals tonight is the guy we passed on signing for Kelly.

Look at it this way, who are we going to sign off the street that would come in and win @ LAC and @ TN ?  If JB goes down, they're losses anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

haha...that is very true.

 

It all depends on how management feels about those two games.  If they feel they can "throw" those 2 games then they just roll with Walker.  If they want to stay competitive then they sign someone.  They clearly have the money to blow on a vet for one year.

We would only be throwing the game if JB go hurt. A veteran off the street isn’t going to win either if JB gets hurt so I don’t think it really matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

OK I tried to defend Walker last week with the horrible offensive line play, but no more. He is trash. I thought he was really turning a corner last year, but I'm scared to have him as the backup.

I like Walker!! AS the 3rd guy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would only be throwing the game if JB go hurt. A veteran off the street isn’t going to win either if JB gets hurt so I don’t think it really matters.

Agree.  That's what I was eluding to - if JB gets hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Cincinnati's QB is pretty good. Just saying! 

The 3rd stringer for the Bears was pretty good as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

LOL....Bengals got reamed!

I've got a feeling that play will be reviewed a lot this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Can we all agree that Venturi was mildly entertaining in the pre-season....his "chicken salad" comment was the highlight!

I would have no clue since I watch preseason games in coach mode

    No commentary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Jojo made multiple big plays in preseason and had some great punt returns with us which earned him the job on the Rams. 

 

Penny Hart has done nothing but muff two punts.

This basically his first opportunity. JoJo fumbled a couple in his first opportunity as well. He then had 3 more preseason games to recover. Hart will not have that opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's petty and dumb that Kelly is benched for two games. For what? He sat on someone's couch for a couple minutes until getting hit with a vacuum cleaner hose and then he left. If he came and sat on my couch, I'd offer him a beer and snacks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best part of the game, when the Colts take knee haha . That means a smell of victory. 

haha...true, but my highlight is seeing Campbell take off after catch.  Man, I lit up after I saw that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Indy_Mike said:

I find Venturi comical at times...but I'm not sure he intends to be!

The only thing I am missing is a play chart and notebook to make Scouting notes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rebel said:

It's petty and dumb that Kelly is benched for two games. For what? He sat on someone's couch for a couple minutes until getting hit with a vacuum cleaner hose and then he left. If he came and sat on my couch, I'd offer him a beer and snacks.

 

 

But hopefully that convinces him to address his problem.  You have to admit, it's not a good sign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun fact

 

 

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Kelly hit him perfectly in stride on that play too.....we may see more of that in the regular season!

Those kind of plays are going to help JB a ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

It may not have been the most eventful game, but man we needed this win!

This season has me curious. Ballard has put together a good defense and O.Line + he hired a smart HC. He also did not trade Brissett which looks to be smart right now if Brissett plays well. We would've been really screwed had we traded Brissett thinking Luck was playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nadine said:

But hopefully that convinces him to address his problem.  You have to admit, it's not a good sign

The police said his toxicology came back clean. He must have taken something that doesn't show up on a drug screen.

 

He needs a minder. Can they assign the water boy or Phillip Walker to babysit him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Look at it this way, who are we going to sign off the street that would come in and win @ LAC and @ TN ?  If JB goes down, they're losses anyway. 

Never know Walker would do what he does best throw picks and fumble the ball.

11 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I hope JB does great....I'm not rooting for a QB controversy. 

Keep dreaming lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nadine said:

But hopefully that convinces him to address his problem.  You have to admit, it's not a good sign

He also threatened to spray an entire bar with an assault rifle and fought with Police when they came. That is a terrorist threat. As serious as it gets. Sounds like one of those guys that shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to watch the game tonight. Looked pretty good. A lot of guys who played tonight won't be here in a couple of days. I think Phillips made the team tonight. Tell did. Speed did. Skai Moore also. Did we even blitz on one play in the 4 preseason games-I don't think so. I'm going to say it again, Hentges stays over Travis. I know I'm a little more excited about Chad Kelly than most on here, I think this is Brissetts job he will really have to stink it up to lose the starting job. Kick off 10 days away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

This basically his first opportunity. JoJo fumbled a couple in his first opportunity as well. He then had 3 more preseason games to recover. Hart will not have that opportunity.

Jo Jo had a good preaseason until the last game against the bengals where he would then fumble not one time not two times but 3 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Got to watch the game tonight. Looked pretty good. A lot of guys who played tonight won't be here in a couple of days. I think Phillips made the team tonight. Tell did. Speed did. Skai Moore also. Did we even blitz on one play in the 4 preseason games-I don't think so. I'm going to say it again, Hentges stays over Travis. I know I'm a little more excited about Chad Kelly than most on here, I think this is Brissetts job he will really have to stink it up to lose the starting job. Kick off 10 days away.

I think cox and Ebron are the same so I think we do keep hale as a Doyle backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Pascal is not playing tonight either. I bet that means we carry six WR.

He might be a candidate to be traded.  I can see him going to the Pats for Hoyer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, presto123 said:

He also threatened to spray an entire bar with an assault rifle and fought with Police when they came. That is a terrorist threat. As serious as it gets. Sounds like one of those guys that shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all.

That was debunked.  The bouncer said that he told the dispatcher that to get the police there faster.  Most everyone here thinks that Chad got an easier road because he was Jim Kelly's nephew.  It was also a curse.  Any misstep made the news.  Also any accomplishment was "Oh of course he should accomplish that he's Jim Kelly's nephew.  When he charged the field at his brothers game, he was joined by several others.  He didn't throw any punches or anything else.  Just hollered at some people to get off his brother.  Nothing would have come of it but he was Jim Kelly's nephew.  So it made the news.  He had a positive environment at Ole Miss, he was the man, and he study game film all the time.  You hardly saw him out on the town.  The environment was not as positive in Denver as it was at Ole Miss or as I believe it is in Indy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Jo Jo had a good preaseason until the last game against the bengals where he would then fumble not one time not two times but 3 times.

I guess I remembered it in reverse then....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think cox and Ebron are the same so I think we do keep hale as a Doyle backup.

 

Actually, Cox is the likely replacement for Doyle, if and when he moves on.   Cox is an inline blocker who can catch,  like Doyle.     Ubron is an athetic tight end who normally splits wide for the Colts.   Last year he played more like a WR than a TE.    That's not Cox's game.   You rarely see him split out.   But he's a solid blocker to go with good receiving skills.

 

Hopefully Hale survives cuts and make it to the pracitce squad.   he's been better than I ever expected and I'd hate to lose him on a late roster grab next week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

This basically his first opportunity. JoJo fumbled a couple in his first opportunity as well. He then had 3 more preseason games to recover. Hart will not have that opportunity.

He led the Colts that preseason in receiving yards, receptions, punt and kick return yardage. He had some muffs in the last preseason game, but also made a couple big plays in that game (51 yard catch) like he had the entire preseason. I'm honestly shocked he didn't make the roster.

 

While I agree that Hart only had one game to show what he could do and may have some potential, I'm not comparing him to Jojo Natson until I see similar explosiveness both as a receiver and returner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheCount said:

That was debunked.  The bouncer said that he told the dispatcher that to get the police there faster.  Most everyone here thinks that Chad got an easier road because he was Jim Kelly's nephew.  It was also a curse.  Any misstep made the news.  Also any accomplishment was "Oh of course he should accomplish that he's Jim Kelly's nephew.  When he charged the field at his brothers game, he was joined by several others.  He didn't throw any punches or anything else.  Just hollered at some people to get off his brother.  Nothing would have come of it but he was Jim Kelly's nephew.  So it made the news.  He had a positive environment at Ole Miss, he was the man, and he study game film all the time.  You hardly saw him out on the town.  The environment was not as positive in Denver as it was at Ole Miss or as I believe it is in Indy.  

The bouncer would have been arrested if he made a false report of possible terror attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I know off topic but imagine having a QB like Dan Marino for 17 years and win 0 SB's. Marino is a top 10 QB of all-time by any measure. Like Jim Kelly (who IMO is top 20 of all-time) with the Bills 4 straight SB's but no wins. Barry Sanders with the Lions too, just a waste of the best talents we have seen. Peyton at least got us to the promise land once. So yeah it could be worse.   Brady won a lot of SB's but he had the best coach ever which gave him an advantage. He will do well in Tampa but they aren't winning no SB. I see playoffs for them but no SB.   Back on topic - Rivers should throw early, get us a lead and let the O.Line devastate teams in the 2nd half.
    • What is next year's class shaping up like for pass rushers. I know with COVID things are still up in the air as to who may declare for the draft, but just wanted to get other takes on this. Nothing is certain longterm at DE for Indy right now. Hoping that Turay can stay healthy, and Banogu can show big progress this season. Having another dominant player on the DL to go along with Bucker would go a long way to making this defense reminiscence of San Fran's, when they had Buckner and Bosa.    A guy I am starting to like is DE Patrick Jones from Pittsburgh. He is long, fast, and athletic and could be a longterm answer at DE for Indy. If Xavier Thomas from Clemson can be coached up I like him as well. He just seems more raw. 
    • They actually announced a few days ago that you can work people out like regular seasons now ...  
    • Yeah I think like that too, then I think what Dolphins fans think when they had freakin Dan Marino and won 0. That makes me feel ok  
    • Oddly enough, I'm a braves fan as well in baseball, so I know how that feels two-fold! Been very frustrating the last 19 years losing in the playoffs.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...