Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

8 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Tell got beat on the sideline throw but was still in position to make a solid tackle. He's gotta have 4-5 with several of them in open field plus a couple pass breakups including one in the end zone. Cemented his spot if you ask me.

E.J. Speed has got to have 10 tackles. He's diagnosed plays quickly, shed blocks and made solid tackles at the line and in space. Far outplayed Adams and Franklin this preseason fo sho! Cemented his spot. 

Pascal and Rogers are making the roster purely based off of special teams skills - not because they've outplayed the others.

Adams is good. Speed already had a spot. Franklin, may get cut. 

Tell had a spot the minute they traded Hariston.

Rodger I agree with you I like Hogan, I think Pascal, is better. Would love Hogan to stick somehow, practice squad?

12 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

We will carry 5 WRs like we always do.  We will have one or two 'available' on the practice squad.

we carried 6 several weeks late last year. 

"like we always do" regardless means little as we only have a one year sample size with Reich's O.

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Penny Hart = JoJo Natson. Talented but jittery.

Ironically JoJo is now pretty solid 2 years later for the Rams.

Jojo made multiple big plays in preseason and had some great punt returns with us which earned him the job on the Rams. 

Penny Hart has done nothing but muff two punts.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Jojo made multiple big plays in preseason and had some great punt returns which earned him the job on the Rams. 

Penny Hart has done nothing but muff two punts.

Jojo had one really bad game for us and he was gone.  I had high hopes for him to stick.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

wow low attendance

Nadine, I also notice that too.  A busy night of local  entertainment  in Cincinnati sports.  Colts are playing the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium, the Reds are playing at the Miami Marlins right now at South Florida, and the University Of Cincinnati Bearcats football team are playing the UCLA Bruins on their campus.  And all three events started at the same time right after 7:00 PM Eastern Time!

Not to mention a few high school football games probably being played right now that we are not aware of in the Cincy area.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Tell got beat on the sideline throw but was still in position to make a solid tackle. He's gotta have 4-5 with several of them in open field plus a couple pass breakups including one in the end zone. Cemented his spot if you ask me.

E.J. Speed has got to have 10 tackles. He's diagnosed plays quickly, shed blocks and made solid tackles at the line and in space. Far outplayed Adams and Franklin this preseason fo sho! Cemented his spot. 

Pascal and Rogers are making the roster purely based off of special teams skills - not because they've outplayed the others.

Rogers is making it to return punts cause hart cant hang onto the football lol. that's 2 fumbles tonight.

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

We'll find out after cuts.  I'm not so sure he's safe.  I actually think he's gone.

Unless we sign someone in the next 3 days, he'll be here after Saturday. 

Honestly I'm fine with rolling the dice for 2 weeks until CK is back.

• Like 1

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

I don't think they will bring in someone for 2 weeks that doesn't even know the playbook....I think he's safe. Just my opinion of course.

They brought in Briskett a week before the season started and he ran the show in 2017.  It can be done.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Walker blows sign somebody.

haha...that is very true.

It all depends on how management feels about those two games.  If they feel they can "throw" those 2 games then they just roll with Walker.  If they want to stay competitive then they sign someone.  They clearly have the money to blow on a vet for one year.