Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m not ticked we traded back, half expected it. But I’m shocked what little we got

It is not little, IMO. We got used to an obscenely one-sided trade with the Jets, and we got about 900 plus points on the trade value chart in return for our 700. Such trades do not happen too often in the NFL, the Jets kind that is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Redskins have a tough schedule. They could go 3-13 which would make that 2nd Rd 2020 pick worth over 500 points + #46 is worth 440

You can't base a trade on what a team might do a year from now.  

Wow.  Such little value.

And it isn't even for this year.  So no help this year.

Wow.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

It is not little, IMO. We got used to an obscenely one-sided trade with the Jets, and we got about 900 plus points on the trade value chart in return for our 700. Such trades do not happen too often in the NFL.

We traded back twenty spots.... out of the first round, and back twenty spots. I’m a huge Ballard fan and trust him, but we lost the trade on this one. There wasn’t a diehard had to have player for me at 26th, so I’m cool with the trade, but it was light on the value 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

That is for sure not worth trading down.

Don't like it.  And before you call me a Ballard hater.....you just dropped 20 picks to get a second round pick a year from now.  THAT IS NOT GOOD VALUE.

Well, we’ll....   look who predictably showed up?   Like clock work.

And once again, you’re wrong.  At least you’re consistent.

It’s not good value.  It’s VERY good value!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We traded back twenty spots.... out of the first round, and back twenty spots. I’m a huge Ballard fan and trust him, but we lost the trade on this one. There wasn’t a diehard had to have player for me at 26th, so I’m cool with the trade, but it was light on the value 

If what they said is true, that players from mid-1st round to 3rd round are just a few notches apart, this ends up being a good trade for us, especially since the next year draft class is more loaded on the skill position side.

I'll trust this scouting staff Ballard has assembled to evaluate next year's class to make this trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Why would we take them at 26 when we added picks AND just pick them tomorrow... come on man

Pick who tomorrow? Sweat, Abram? Yeah they're gone. And whoever else of any actual value that disintegrates between our first pick. Bad value all around. A future 2nd isn't that valuable, not enough to entirely leave the first round. Sweat is a stud, Abram a stud. Whatever, hopefully he nails these picks. 

Just now, threeflight said:

You can't base a trade on what a team might do a year from now.  

Wow.  Such little value.

And it isn't even for this year.  So no help this year.

Wow.

We will pick a great player with that 2nd Rd pick next year

Just now, chad72 said:

If what they said is true, that players from mid-1st round to 3rd round are just a few notches apart, this ends up being a good trade for us, especially since the next year draft class is more loaded on the skill position side.

Maybe, we shall see. Ballard has a plan and has earned my trust so I’m good with it(like my opinion matters haha )

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is not little, IMO. We got used to an obscenely one-sided trade with the Jets, and we got about 900 plus points on the trade value chart in return for our 700. Such trades do not happen too often in the NFL.

I don't know man. I think when you want back into the first, you're going to have to over pay. I would have at least wanted their 3rd this year too.. 

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Pick who tomorrow? Sweat, Abram? Yeah they're gone. And whoever else of any actual value that disintegrates between our first pick. Bad value all around. A future 2nd isn't that valuable, not enough to entirely leave the first round. Sweat is a stud, Abram a stud. Whatever, hopefully he nails these picks. 

That's you're opinion.. not mine

Regardless of the health issues I wasn't that intrigued with Sweat and Abram I was meh on

A year from now we will know a little more on the value...it isn’t just a spot..there was real guys sitting there we just passed on...for theoretical players..who knows. Again...Ballard has earned some trust with last year but dang to move that far back...hope he didn’t get to smart for his own good.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm gonna keep doing what I've been doing and see what happens before I say Ballard made a bad decision.

I don’t think it was a bad decision, I actually think the trade notion was good. Just would have liked to see more value for trading back.

• Like 2