Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetical Mega Trade

Dacoltsboi

Not enough to trade Luck away now. If it was a year ago when he may not of come back I would of said yes. Maybe for Carr and all 3 of their 1st rounders, just because Carr and Brissett could fight for the QB job, and we could build a monster team around them with 4 first round picks and 2 second rounders.

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I think the better hypothetical question just to debate should be, would the Colts trade Andrew Luck for Patrick Mahomes? 

I would easily trade Luck for Mahomes straight up. In fact, I guarantee we'd have to include more with Luck to do it. Mahomes is 23 and Luck is 29. Mahomes is probably slightly better and has less wear and tear on his body than Luck as well. That's an easy yes and should be to anyone on here. 

9 hours ago, Legend of Luck said:

This dude has a whopping 9 posts on this forum...gotta be here to purposely stir things up. Probably not even a colts fan.

It's the offseason. Gotta have something to argue about and keep the clicks coming.

sad_post_replies.thumb.gif.3ab7bc2068750e2c8042300da62d54b0.gif

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would easily trade Luck for Mahomes straight up. In fact, I guarantee we'd have to include more with Luck to do it. Mahomes is 23 and Luck is 29. Mahomes is probably slightly better and has less wear and tear on his body than Luck as well. That's an easy yes and should be to anyone on here. 

I wouldn't but I also doubt KC would trade Mahomes for Luck either. I trust Luck though to get us a SB.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't but I also doubt KC would trade Mahomes for Luck either. I trust Luck though to get us a SB.

I trust Luck as well. It has nothing to do with Luck's ability as a player or he's worse than Mahomes, it's just that Mahomes is on his level and is 6 years younger. That alone would give us a mini-reset where we could add 6 years of elite QB play to this team, along with Ballard and Reich, and I think we'd definitely add an extra SB or two to the Colts organization. Again, it's purely based off their ages and Luck's prior injuries, Luck and Mahomes are basically even.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I trust Luck as well. It has nothing to do with Luck's ability as a player or he's worse than Mahomes, it's just that Mahomes is on his level and is 6 years younger. That alone would give us a mini-reset where we could add 6 years of elite QB play to this team, along with Ballard and Reich, and I think we'd definitely add an extra SB or two to the Colts organization. Again, it's purely based off their ages and Luck's prior injuries, Luck and Mahomes are basically even.

Mahomes looks like the real deal and he is younger but he has to do it more than 1 year to prove to me he is truly great. He probably will but hasn't yet. Luck's 1st 3 years 11-5, 11-5, 11-5, and an AFC Title Game. Remember, people bowing down to Carr after 2016 when he went 12-4 and he looked awesome, he has stunk since then. I trust Luck, Luck has had 4 legit solid seasons with 4 playoff wins.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mahomes looks like the real deal and he is younger but he has to do it more than 1 year to prove to me he is truly great. He probably will but hasn't yet. Luck's 1st 3 years 11-5, 11-5, 11-5, and an AFC Title Game. Remember, people bowing down to Carr after 2016 when he went 12-4 and he looked awesome, he has stunk since then. I trust Luck, Luck has had 4 legit solid seasons with 4 playoff wins.

That's true. A year with 50 tds and 5000 yds is legit to me. That's Manning and Brady territory. Carr was nowhere near that. It's a hypothetical anyway, and we'll probably get 10 more years out of Luck before his career ends as long as he stays healthy. That should be enough for a SB win or two. I'm just basing it off the age, since I see them as equals. He'd be the only QB I trade Luck for.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

That's true. A year with 50 tds and 5000 yds is legit to me. That's Manning and Brady territory. Carr was nowhere near that. It's a hypothetical anyway, and we'll probably get 10 more years out of Luck before his career ends as long as he stays healthy. That should be enough for a SB win or two. I'm just basing it off the age, since I see them as equals. He'd be the only QB I trade Luck for.

Yeah Mahomes is really good, I wasn't sold on Carr but Mahomes looks like the real deal. Mahomes is a rare talent much like Luck is. To beat KC, Luck needs more help around him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Mahomes is really good, I wasn't sold on Carr but Mahomes looks like the real deal. Mahomes is a rare talent much like Luck is. To beat KC, Luck needs more help around him.

Agreed on all points. We'll get some help in this year's draft. We have an extra 2nd and 4th rounder, and are set up well. I can see us going BPA and getting some elite players early. Kind of the same situation as last year, we can improve at a lot of positions again, so I hope a couple good players fall to 26 and 34 and we snag them. FA will help as well, since we have the most cap space, and I'm sure Ballard will spend some of it if he sees guys we want. I'll say we reach the AFC Championship this year barring injuries and have a shot at the SB. Always takes a bit of Luck though (no pun intended).

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed on all points. We'll get some help in this year's draft. We have an extra 2nd and 4th rounder, and are set up well. I can see us going BPA and getting some elite players early. Kind of the same situation as last year, we can improve at a lot of positions again, so I hope a couple good players fall to 26 and 34 and we snag them. FA will help as well, since we have the most cap space, and I'm sure Ballard will spend some of it if he sees guys we want. I'll say we reach the AFC Championship this year barring injuries and have a shot at the SB. Always takes a bit of Luck though (no pun intended).

I know it is always silly to count out the Pats but I could see a Chiefs/Colts AFC Title Game. One has to beat the Pats though and take down the monster!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know it is always silly to count out the Pats but I could see a Chiefs/Colts AFC Title Game. One has to beat the Pats though and take down the monster!

I can see that being this year. The Chiefs are as good as the Pats honestly, I think Mahomes just had some early woes facing them this year. We are in good enough shape to beat them as well, as long as the O-Line is healthy and Luck gets another solid receiver (even Tyrell Williams may be enough). Brady will be gone within a year or two, and this may be the last time he's a SB threat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkSuperman said:

I wouldn't trade Luck for 10 first round picks.

I was trying to think of a reasonable number that I would and can’t.  

10 picks I was thinking would mean the next ten years of first picks.  The last 5 mean nothing for the current regime.  You may not last that long and those players may not even know the current players let alone play with them. 

On 3/7/2019 at 3:35 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I wouldn't make that trade. Mahomes is going to come back down to earth this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aaron86 said:

I wouldn't make that trade. Mahomes is going to come back down to earth this year.

Even if he comes down to 4,000 yds and 40 tds, he'll still be just as good as Luck and younger than him by 6 years. Mahomes has 15+ years left, Luck has 10 at most with his injury history. There would be no reason to have blind loyalty to Luck if this hypothetical scenario presented itself. Mahomes would present an opportunity to extend our SB window with Ballard and Reich, a window we didn't get a chance with Luck because we had Grigson instead. Nothing to do with Luck being worse besides his age. On the same team, they are probably even, I just want 6 extra years at a SB with the same production.

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Even if he comes down to 4,000 yds and 40 tds, he'll still be just as good as Luck and younger than him by 6 years. Mahomes has 15+ years left, Luck has 10 at most with his injury history. There would be no reason to have blind loyalty to Luck if this hypothetical scenario presented itself. Mahomes would present an opportunity to extend our SB window with Ballard and Reich, a window we didn't get a chance with Luck because we had Grigson instead. Nothing to do with Luck being worse besides his age. On the same team, they are probably even, I just want 6 extra years at a SB with the same production.

I still wouldn't do it, Mahomes does have age on his side but Luck is still fairly young. If I was KC I wouldn't trade Mahomes for Luck either. So I see both sides of it. I do think at this moment Luck is more proven with 4 very good to great seasons. Mahomes only has 1 season to hang his hat on for now.

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard is going to give Luck more shots at a Superbowl then Mahomes is going to get at in his entire career. I believe in Luck. And who's to say Mahomes has 6 more extra years to reach a Superbowl? I mean the injury bug can happen to anybody the team can fall apart anything can happen.

It's just my opinion though.

• Like 1