Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Texans wild card playoff game score predictions

chad72

20 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Got it. But like five owners have died this year...

Bob McNair (Texans)

Tom Benson (Saints)

Paul Allen (Seahawks)

Alex Spanos (Chargers)

Jerry Richardson (Panthers)

That's a pretty crowded Super Bowl game. 

I think the Saints have the strongest storyline...and will most likely make it...mostly because of their team.

But I think, outside of KC (a potential Mahomes vs. Brees matchup)...the Colts have the best storyline. Luck coming back...the backup HC...rookies.

If anything, I don't think the Colts lose this weekend.

Owning an NFL team can be hazardous to your health.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DrLuck said:

Ok, is it always like this? I have not seen one person pick the texans. Bunch of biased homers... 

That said, 31-24 colts.

It's never like this but many believe we just have the better team and we actually do have the better QB. Hence the reason why everyone is picking us. If we do win, next week nobody will pick us at KC because we will be playing a QB that is on the same level as Luck is and they are at home.

17 hours ago, ManningGM said:

No, this is the game where Houston's luck finally runs out. I'm on various forums and the majority consider Houston to be a playoff fraud. Beat the Bills thanks to a Nathan Peterman pick 6, Alex Smith breaks his leg injury, Broncos missed field goal.....then they gifted with no call PIs against Philadelphia. I just feel like they're due to be exposed. 

One of the more lackluster 11-5 teams I've watched and I'm not saying this just because they're a divisional rival. I don't see what's so scary about them.

Completely agree.  They are a 7-9 team masquerading as an 11-5 team;  tremendously flawed.

However, it'll be tough to beat them in Houston 2x in one month, especially when the second game is a playoff game.

If this game is in Indy or on a neutral field, Indy wins by double digits.  Unfortunately that is not the case.

• Thanks 1

I want this game, even though I was happy to just be in to the playoffs considering how young our team is and the 1-5 start but:

I would hate to be knocked out by the Texans and I want to see this team against the Chiefs.

Colts win 31-24

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Like I said, as long as we don't turn the ball over  and cut out the dropped passes I'm quite confident we we will win this one. 

Agreed. Not saying we're the best team ever, but if they play like they did to get to 14-0 in Tenn we'll win.

No stupidity by Luck or a careless fumble by any of the RB's. 

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am nervous the Texans will blow us out with all the colts love in the media.

This is my fear too, we are being hyped and that always scares me.

If Frank and the rest of the coaching staff can shield them from the hype it will help but if they (the players) are reading their own press then we may be set for disappointment.

Im thinking a shootout and score of 41-38......I’m not choosing the victor though as i think it is really a 50/50 game.

• Like 1

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, and I do think the Colts have a great shot of winning, but no matter what, the season has been a huge success for the Colts.

Luck back.

Draft working out well.

Reich as coach.

All kinds of experience for the young players.

Improving all year.

Huge amount of cap room for 2019.

If I was a betting man, and I am, I would place a futures bet on the Colts to win it all next year...especially if they get Bell or AB.

With the game tomorrow?  No pressure on the Colts and I won't be nervous at all.  No matter what happens...because of the above reasons.  Lots to look forward to.  Any wins from here on out are gravy.

• Like 2

Anyone else think the Colts got shafted with the scheduling? They flex us to Sunday night and then give us the first game on Saturday. That's only five real days of rest while all other teams get six to nearly seven. 

Houston early game Sunday, early game  Sat.

Dallas had the early game sunday, get late game Saturday.

Seattle mid afternoon game sunday, get late game Saturday.

Chargers/Ravens get mid afternoon game sunday, get to play on sunday

Bears/Eagles mid afternoon to late game Sunday, get late Sunday game.

Colts literally the only ones messed over. Ours and the cowboys/seattle game should be switched to be fair.

26 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Anyone else think the Colts got shafted with the scheduling? They flex us to Sunday night and then give us the first game on Saturday. That's only five real days of rest while all other teams get six to nearly seven. 

Colts literally the only ones messed over. Ours and the cowboys/seattle game should be switched to be fair.

OK let's do it.

57 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

We did get shafted but if we win, it could benefit us playing today if we do not play until next Sunday.

21 hours ago, krunk said:

If Coutee plays it's going to be harder to double Hopkins.  Coutee is a matchup problem.

And Demarius Thomas wasn't? I dont know much about Coutee but he can't be worse than D. Thomas. Can he?

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

More towards the topic, Hilton being hurt is a big problem. He was the biggest reason we won the last game and was with them in the first one. This game won't go like the last ones and we're in trouble.

He's been hurt for like a month and been fine lol.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

And Demarius Thomas wasn't? I dont know much about Coutee but he can't be worse than D. Thomas. Can he?

He's been hurt for like a month and been fine lol.

Did you watch the first game? Coutee killed us. D. Thomas made exactly one play against us in the 2nd game. Coutee is a hard cover because he's probably quicker than Welker and definitely faster. He's a 4.3 guy playing slot receiver.  We didn't have anyone to cover him and it helped Watson extend drives.

The Texans offense is good for like 14- 21 points. That's what they've done in both games against our D. We've scored 24-30 plus points in both games. They've got a bottom tier pass defense and passing is our strength. Not only that but we should run the rock a bit better with Kelly in there and the rest of the crew. As long as we dont gift them any free turn over points and free field position I think the Texans will score what they usually average against us offensively. And that won't be enough for them. The dominant offense which is the Colts will produce the W. I think it's going to be about 30-21, or 35-24. Something like that.

14 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Interesting fact I heard today. DW has not lost a game by more then a touchdown since high school.  I don’t think it’s going to be a blowout.

I am getting super nervous. Nothing like being hyped and it’s over before it starts. Unlsss it’s the colts on the winning end.

There's always a first for everything. And besides Watson has scored a lot of garbage time TD's to keep games looking close at the end. That could be the case today.

59 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Texans offense is good for like 14- 21 points. That's what they've done in both games against our D. We've scored 24-30 plus points in both games. They've got a bottom tier pass defense and passing is our strength. Not only that but we should run the rock a bit better with Kelly in there and the rest of the crew. As long as we dont gift them any free turn over points and free field position I think the Texans will score what they usually average against us offensively. And that won't be enough for them. The dominant offense which is the Colts will produce the W. I think it's going to be about 30-21, or 35-24. Something like that.

They scored 37 in game one, but we could probably agree our D is much more like game 2 when they got 21. But we have Sheard with a sore knee, and Geathers that is who knows what. I have a hard time believing Hopkins and others won't get theirs if Odum is out there most of the game. He just won't be where he needs to be if they attack him. And they 100% will. 
 Frank will have to game plan around less production than normal from TY.
TY was hurting the worst yet last week. But i am sure Frank has. 

39 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

I really have a funny feeling about the game today, can’t shake it. My heart says Colts 30 Texans 28 but my mind is saying Colts 20 Texans 31

Gotta bang that head against the fridge a little.

58 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

They scored 37 in game one, but we could probably agree our D is much more like game 2 when they got 21. But we have Sheard with a sore knee, and Geathers that is who knows what. I have a hard time believing Hopkins and others won't get theirs if Odum is out there most of the game. He just won't be where he needs to be if they attack him. And they 100% will. 
 Frank will have to game plan around less production than normal from TY.
TY was hurting the worst yet last week. But i am sure Frank has. 

14 of their points came from turnovers in regulation. And the last field goal they scored in OT was on the heels of us turning over the ball on 4th down in OT. About 21 of their points in the first game was the result of the getting the ball from a punt or kickoff and driving for a TD. I say they are good for about 21 points and maybe a field goal if we don't gift any turnovers. The Odum thing is blown up a bit. He played in the 2nd Texans game and one of his plays was a big stop of Hopkins on 3rd down. Odum will be ok.