Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Texans wild card playoff game score predictions

chad72

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm going to refrain from a prediction because if @Jared Cisneros is correct, there is no way the league will let the Colts win.  And with some of the things I have seen the refs do the past few years, I'm not quite ready to dismiss Jared's prediction.

Ok...I am curious. What is this theory on why the league won't let the Colts win?

Paging @Jared Cisneros

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm going to refrain from a prediction because if @Jared Cisneros is correct, there is no way the league will let the Colts win.  And with some of the things I have seen the refs do the past few years, I'm not quite ready to dismiss Jared's prediction.

Wouldn’t the NFL want Luck and the colts. I don’t think they would want the Texans. The league would be thrilled  I think if the colts won the SB. Imagine that story.  It would be one of the best stories of all time.

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Psst........ @Jared Cisneros  is wrong.

He's all about 'the story line', and he's missing the big story the Frank wins two in a row....

#32 to #1

There's plenty of other stuff, he's just fixated.        :)

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Psst........ @Jared Cisneros  is wrong.

He's all about 'the story line', and he's missing the big story the Frank wins two in a row....

#32 to #1

There's plenty of other stuff, he's just fixated.        :)

Perhaps so.  But Reich winning a SB as an assistant and then a HC is not as big a storyline as the Texans winning one for their deceased owner.

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Perhaps so.  But Reich winning a SB as an assistant and then a HC is not as big a storyline as the Texans winning one for their deceased owner.

To me it is.......                           :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No but getting shafted by a coach to hire, being ranked #32 to #1, Especially if it goes through N.E. to get there. 

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

What the NFL wants or don't want has nothing to do with what the players want.

If it takes the Colts beating the Texans and the refs so be it.

2 minutes ago, strt182 said:

No but getting shafted by a coach to hire, being ranked #32 to #1, Especially if it goes through N.E. to get there. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think the Texans winning the SB because the  owner died is a story.

Now if the colts pulled it off that would be a huge story. From Daniels deciding not to come. To luck coming back from injuries. All the rookies in this team. Plus a 1-5 start. Best story in NFL history.

These are only true to Colts fans.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He predicted the league will want Houston to get to the SB because the owner died this year.

Got it. But like five owners have died this year...

Bob McNair (Texans)

Tom Benson (Saints)

Paul Allen (Seahawks)

Alex Spanos (Chargers)

Jerry Richardson (Panthers)

That's a pretty crowded Super Bowl game. 

I think the Saints have the strongest storyline...and will most likely make it...mostly because of their team.

But I think, outside of KC (a potential Mahomes vs. Brees matchup)...the Colts have the best storyline. Luck coming back...the backup HC...rookies.

If anything, I don't think the Colts lose this weekend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What the NFL wants or don't want has nothing to do with what the players want.

If it takes the Colts beating the Texans and the refs so be it.

True the players can always put a wrench in it, like they did in the Dallas game and 2nd Titans game.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

If the Colts were to win the SB, would they be the youngest team ever to win it?

Sorry, just trying to bulk up our story lines so the league will allow us to win.

Doing my part......

It wasn't my prediction, just stating I'm not willing to make an declarations about the outcome of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CamMo said:

A matchup against Luck and Mahomes would be fun. Colts win. 

It would be. It would be a shootout high scoring game. The young buck against the comeback veteran. I really hope we win this weekend. I really want to see this matchup. Weather has been warm around the country so hopefully it wouldn’t be to cold.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Bob McNair (Texans)

Tom Benson (Saints)

Paul Allen (Seahawks)

Alex Spanos (Chargers)

LOL indeed.

So you are saying it will be one of the Texans, Chargers, Saints or Seahawks since the Panthers are not in the playoffs.  :thmup:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

It wasn't my prediction, just stating I'm not willing to make an declarations about the outcome of the game.

I understand. I just quoted you because you introduced Jared's NFL theory to the topic.

Figured I'd run with it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It would be. It would be a shootout high scoring game. The young buck against the comeback veteran. I really hope we win this weekend. I really want to see this matchup. Weather has been warm around the country so hopefully it wouldn’t be to cold.

This is what the people need. This is what they want to see. Luck vs. Mahomes. High-octane offense everywhere BOOM POW KABAM. 

............No one wants to watch the Texans play in the Divisional besides Patriots fans. We know what the outcome of that one would be. The refs should be on our side on Saturday, even they know Luck v. Mahomes is must see TV.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Bob McNair (Texans)

Tom Benson (Saints)

Paul Allen (Seahawks)

Alex Spanos (Chargers)

I think the Saints have the strongest storyline...and will most likely make it...mostly because of their team.

But I think, outside of KC (a potential Mahomes vs. Brees matchup)...the Colts have the best storyline. Luck coming back...the backup HC...rookies.

If anything, I don't think the Colts lose this weekend.

Richardson didnt die, he got forced to sell

• Like 3

I think it's going to be a good game.  I think on paper the Colts have a better team or strictly match up better, but on paper doesn't mean anything.  I am going to say Colts win 27-20 if they can pressure Watson and contain Hopkins as well as move the ball effectively without turning the ball over on offense.  If they can't do any of those things, the Texans will win.  Go Colts!