Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I can't believe Andrew Luck allowed his team to get shut out

GusFring

4 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Everybody on offense was bad today. Most of Luck’s throws were into tight windows because our receivers couldn’t consistently get separation. The OL was porous, and the RBs couldn’t make anything happen. Our offense just didn’t show up.

I think the OL is good enough to start making big contributions to help us win ball games.  It's the skill player positions that are very weak; WR and RB.  TY is it.  The WR's can't get separation like you said.  The RB's just are not good enough.  Time to spend some money at the skill positions and give Luck some real weapons. 

I don’t know about all this other stuff, but we should probably open a dialogue about that last drive. There was a lot of wasted time on that drive. Everyone is up in arms over the last play we didn’t get to run (which would have left us with the same result anyways) but no one is saying much about the 2 or 3 we left on the field by not running a better 2 minute drill. There seemed to be a lot of confusion and a lack of communication, and the drive never seemed to have the kind of urgency it required. We left a lot of time on the field with that last drive. With Reich and Luck and the knowledge between them that really shouldn’t have happened. 

• Like 1

Technically the Colts did have 3 on the board, however a penalty gave us a first and a good chance to get 7, however going for it on 4th at the 1 vs getting the 3 points back on the board but had pros and cons. So in a sense the Colts kept themselves scoreless. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

Technically the Colts did have 3 on the board, however a penalty gave us a first and a good chance to get 7, however going for it on 4th at the 1 vs getting the 3 points back on the board but had pros and cons. So in a sense the Colts kept themselves scoreless. 

We shut ourselves out, sounds funny but true.

The final drive - clock it.  The time is much more important than a down in that situation.  You have to move it in chunks anyway.  

Rewatched some of the game - Luck was bad yesterday.  He missed a lot of open underneath stuff.  For whatever reason, he went back to being Pep Luck.  Maybe that was the gameplan, I don't  know, but at some point, you just have to get a drive together.

• Like 3

We lost for several reasons, but I believe the #1 reason was the Jags defense.  We tried a lot of things and they were ready and shut them down.  We didn't have many options, because they weren't working.  We missed Kelly and Doyle.

I don't have a problem with Reich's gambles on 4th down...he was trying to gain momentum and scoring against a great defense when those opportunities presented themselves.

It's a very disappointing loss given what was at stake as far as playoff possibilities.  But, it is what it is and we have to learn from it and move on.  It's called growing pains and we may look back on this game in the future as a real turning point in our progress in terms of maturity.

Hats off to the Jags. Now, let's prepare for Houston.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

The final drive - clock it.  The time is much more important than a down in that situation.  You have to move it in chunks anyway.  

Rewatched some of the game - Luck was bad yesterday.  He missed a lot of open underneath stuff.  For whatever reason, he went back to being Pep Luck.  Maybe that was the gameplan, I don't  know, but at some point, you just have to get a drive together.

I seen what you did. Luck also made some good plays that was negated by penalties. I noticed more 7 step drop backs  ect. 

Luck couldn't throw the ball because our receiver core is not very deep, and the jags secondary is great. Hilton and Ebron are the only reliable targets after Doyles injury. Now I love Swoope and Mo alie cox but they're clearly not reliable targets, they only look like it because Luck is amazing. And luck couldn't run because the jags kept putting tons of pressure on him. If he would of ran it more, he would of gotten 3 yards and get nailed.

Kelly and doyle were very missed today, shown in out blocking

Reich coaches this a little differently and we take the guaranteed tie in the Texans game and our playoff chances certainly look different  But who's to say we don't collapse down the stretch in the Texans & Cowboys games much less the other two.  Luck is a factor, but he did drive them down far enough to make some field goals and he is not the one who went for it on those 4th downs.

18 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Reich coaches this a little differently and we take the guaranteed tie in the Texans game and our playoff chances certainly look different  But who's to say we don't collapse down the stretch in the Texans & Cowboys games much less the other two.  Luck is a factor, but he did drive them down far enough to make some field goals and he is not the one who went for it on those 4th downs.

Agreed that was stupid. kick the chip shot field goals and you win.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

We lost for several reasons, but I believe the #1 reason was the Jags defense.  We tried a lot of things and they were ready and shut them down.  We didn't have many options, because they weren't working.  We missed Kelly and Doyle.

I don't have a problem with Reich's gambles on 4th down...he was trying to gain momentum and scoring against a great defense when those opportunities presented themselves.

It's a very disappointing loss given what was at stake as far as playoff possibilities.  But, it is what it is and we have to learn from it and move on.  It's called growing pains and we may look back on this game in the future as a real turning point in our progress in terms of maturity.

Hats off to the Jags. Now, let's prepare for Houston.

We lost cause of stupidity had little to do with the jags defense we beat ourselves and kept ourselves off the board by doing dumb stuff I could swear some of that stupid stuff was like our coach was Pagano again with a better defense.

1 hour ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Luck couldn't throw the ball because our receiver core is not very deep, and the jags secondary is great. Hilton and Ebron are the only reliable targets after Doyles injury. Now I love Swoope and Mo alie cox but they're clearly not reliable targets, they only look like it because Luck is amazing. And luck couldn't run because the jags kept putting tons of pressure on him. If he would of ran it more, he would of gotten 3 yards and get nailed.

Kelly and doyle were very missed today, shown in out blocking

Yes, I agree very good post and the most accurate. 

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The bolded upsets me that you'd say that. Luck should of been playing like his life and career depended on it this game. We put together a 5 game winning streak, were at 6-5 and a realistic chance of making the playoffs. Andrew is smart enough to know the playoff scenarios, he knew there was no room for error. He played the worst game of his career. Not 1 point. More than likely eliminated the Colts from the playoffs yesterday for himself, his teammates, and all the fans who have supported this team throughout his career and their lives. I don't care if breaks the td record next week. The damage is done. He blew it! We are most likely eliminated unless a miracle happens, and there's nothing to root for anymore unless you solely are looking at the young players to continue improving or have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon. My interest level went from a 10 and having fun, to a 1, not caring at all and having the wind sucked out of me. Luck can't redeem himself this year. He blew it! No reason we can't score more than 6 points to win this game. Very disappointed in this team.

What was your prediction before the season started? Where did you think this team would be? The team is doing a lot better than people thought. Regardless of if we make the playoffs or not, this year has been a success. The colts are set up perfectly for the future.

Andrew had a bad game. Bro it happens to literally everyone. He literally crawled us out of the jaws of defeat a week ago in Miami. Couldn’t do it this time. But it happens. You know, Aaron Rodgers just lost at home to Arizona? Good players lose sometimes. The Jags played the game of their season.

btw. The playoffs aren’t over. Baltimore is only a game up. They still have to play LAC and KC. They’re losing both those games. We hold the tie breaker over MIA and TENN (as of now).  Cincy is garbage, and Denver has the same record as us. Between all these teams, Indy is the only one with Andrew Luck. 

When we was 1-5, if someone told you that in 7 weeks we’d be 6-6 and one game back, you’d take it, right?

4 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

What was your prediction before the season started? Where did you think this team would be? The team is doing a lot better than people thought. Regardless of if we make the playoffs or not, this year has been a success. The colts are set up perfectly for the future.

Andrew had a bad game. Bro it happens to literally everyone. He literally crawled us out of the jaws of defeat a week ago in Miami. Couldn’t do it this time. But it happens. You know, Aaron Rodgers just lost at home to Arizona? Good players lose sometimes. The Jags played the game of their season.

btw. The playoffs aren’t over. Baltimore is only a game up. They still have to play LAC and KC. They’re losing both those games. We hold the tie breaker over MIA and TENN (as of now).  Cincy is garbage, and Denver has the same record as us. Between all these teams, Indy is the only one with Andrew Luck. 

When we was 1-5, if someone told you that in 7 weeks we’d be 6-6 and one game back, you’d take it, right?

My prediction was 9-7 before the season started. However, that could of been better based on being 6-5 a week ago with a pretty easy schedule remaining. Even Rodgers scored in a bad game Vs the Cards. We needed a TD to win the game. Luck didn't score a point on any drive yesterday. Very embarrassing. 

When we were 1-5, I would take it. However, seeing the improvements we made during that 5 game stretch, I wouldn't take a random blowout in-between. I don't mind a random loss or off-day, but that was a horrible blowout loss where no one cared (including Luck). If the team cares that little when the playoffs are on the line in a do or die game, why should I care about them?

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My prediction was 9-7 before the season started. However, that could of been better based on being 6-5 a week ago with a pretty easy schedule remaining. Even Rodgers scored in a bad game Vs the Cards. We needed a TD to win the game. Luck didn't score a point on any drive yesterday. Very embarrassing. 

When we were 1-5, I would take it. However, seeing the improvements we made during that 5 game stretch, I wouldn't take a random blowout in-between. I don't mind a random loss or off-day, but that was a horrible blowout loss where no one cared (including Luck). If the team cares that little when the playoffs are on the line in a do or die game, why should I care about them?

6-0 isn't a blow out by anyone's standards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Wow I didn't expect this type of Post out of you. Yes It was a very disappointing loss but you do know if we beat Houston and (the Ravens lose at KC which will happen), we are tied again for the last Playoff spot. Also losing 6-0 isn't a blowout, we had our chances to win but didn't execute deep in Jacks territory. Luck actually had 4 really good drives to set us up to score. Rodgers lost to the Cards at home which is more embarrassing IMO, at least the Jags have a Great Defense. Lets see how next week plays out because that could change things bigtime. 

• Thanks 1

Just pointing out that a Peyton Manning led team was never shut out in the regular season, BUT once got beat 41-0 in the playoffs.  I love Manning.  I miss seeing him out there on Sunday's.  It's just that the other team gets paid too.  And sometimes it's just their day and NOT yours.  Happens to even the best of them.  That was the case Sunday. 

I think sometimes we as fans see things very black and white in the NFL.  But if the last few seasons should have taught us anything, it's to expect the unexpected.  In fact, I could easily see a scenario where the Colts bounce back from this performance and go on the road and beat a favored Texans team on the road and end their streak.  Stranger things have happened, and I doubt the Colts will go down to H-town and just roll over and say "woe is me, we're doomed".  They are still in the hunt, and they have a lot of pride, and they certainly won't quit.  Again, this is the NFL, expect what you don't expect.  And regardless of how this thing turns out this season, I'm very excited for what this team has in its future.  Go Colts!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Just pointing out that a Peyton Manning led team was never shut out in the regular season, BUT once got beat 41-0 in the playoffs.  I love Manning.  I miss seeing him out there on Sunday's.  It's just that the other team gets paid too.  And sometimes it's just their day and NOT yours.  Happens to even the best of them.  That was the case Sunday. 

I think sometimes we as fans see things very black and white in the NFL.  But if the last few seasons should have taught us anything, it's to expect the unexpected.  In fact, I could easily see a scenario where the Colts bounce back from this performance and go on the road and beat a favored Texans team on the road and end their streak.  Stranger things have happened, and I doubt the Colts will go down to H-town and just roll over and say "woe is me, we're doomed".  They are still in the hunt, and they have a lot of pride, and they certainly won't quit.  Again, this is the NFL, expect what you don't expect.  And regardless of how this thing turns out this season, I'm very excited for what this team has in its future.  Go Colts!

I still feel pretty good that we can beat Houston, they are due for a loss and after Luck getting shutout he will play great IMO. It's funny you bring up the Manning 41-0 loss to the Jets in the Playoffs. I had a friend call me yesterday after we lost and he was just bashing Luck (he thinks Peyton walks on water), I too brought up 41-0 and he shut his trap after that lmao . It happens to the best QB's ever to play. I mean look at Rodgers this season! 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2018 at 2:08 PM, Narcosys said:

Why are people saying we are nothing without doyle? The 4 games he was out, ebron killed it. Jags D played excellent, the coach was the problem here. Andrew had some bad throws, but those play calling and 4th down decisions were the worst.

Because we lost those games

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Because we lost those games

That's absolutely illogical, Ebron lead the team in TDs those games, and has outperformed Doyle even when healthy, this while taking into consideration when they both played this year and Doyle's past few years. A TE does not determine the outcome.. What of the games we lost when he did play? No team relies on a single player to determine the outcome of games. 

On 12/3/2018 at 11:43 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean look at Rodgers this season! 

You can look at past seasons too. Remember the Broncos' D limiting him to 77 yards of passing offense (and 90 yards total rushing) in a 29-10 victory in Denver in 2015??? By modern day standards, 77 yards is downright putrid. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

That's absolutely illogical, Ebron lead the team in TDs those games, and has outperformed Doyle even when healthy, this while taking into consideration when they both played this year and Doyle's past few years. A TE does not determine the outcome.. What of the games we lost when he did play? No team relies on a single player to determine the outcome of games. 

We're 5-1 with him

1-5 without.

It's not out of the realm of logic to draw some conclusions from that. 

4 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

We're 5-1 with him

1-5 without.

It's not out of the realm of logic to draw some conclusions from that. 

Lol yes it is when you have 52 other people on the team. Again, Ebron has outperformed Doyle every way.

The games I watched we lost, the ones I was unable to we won...should I draw conclusions from that?

Is Doyle being absent the reason we had so many drops at the start of the season, or that luck couldn't complete passes over 65% of the time, or does doyle not playing affect a defense that allows over 30 points for 3weeks straight, 42 alone to the jets? No.

Its nonsense.

To the Title of the Thread, I can't believe it either but then again I can't believe Peyton would let his team get shutout against the Jets in a Playoff game 41-0 in his 5th season. How could the so called GOAT Tom Brady lose in a SB when 18-0 with his Offense only scoring 14 points vs an Eli Manning led team?:banana:. Crap happens that is why.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Lol yes it is when you have 52 other people on the team. Again, Ebron has outperformed Doyle every way.

The games I watched we lost, the ones I was unable to we won...should I draw conclusions from that?

Is Doyle being absent the reason we had so many drops at the start of the season, or that luck couldn't complete passes over 65% of the time, or does doyle not playing affect a defense that allows over 30 points for 3weeks straight, 42 alone to the jets? No.

Its nonsense.

Doyel is in maybe we get some points? You can get all serious and make one garbage claim that you watching affects the outcome.  You do not block or get first downs.  You are not multifaceted enough to allow others on the offense to do their jobs well. Note how many times the brang in a 6th Olineman and had him report eligible.  The offense was chugging along and they lost a key player. I never stated anything like the Colts cant win without him.  Never said he affects the D. Never even said hes the reason why we win and lose. I implied he's important. 

You are looking for an argument where there really isn't one. You're reading into things and making bad connections. You asked why are people saying were nothing without Doyel. I gave you what I thought could be the reason. 

I don't think we're nothing without doyle.  I think you kick the field goals. Especially in the 4th.