Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My expectation for Colts-Dolphins

Lawrence Owen

So, We will have Evan Boehm at Center this week Vrs the Phins.  The Dolphins are a respectable passing defense, but an absolutely awful run defense.  They give up an average of 4.8 YPC and over 140 yards/game on the ground.  When you have a new lineman, the best thing to do is run. It is much simpler to run block than pass block.  So meeting the Phins this week comes at an opportune time.  I expect a ratio of 3 runs out of every 5 plays for Indy this week.  Playing a lot of multiple TE formations so we can go no-huddle and gas the Phins defense early in the 2nd quarter.  Run, Run, Pass.   Run, Pass, Run.  Ect. The Dolphins are going to most likely see our passing attack over the past few weeks.  See Lucks streak of 3 Td's games, and the No Sack streak, and go all out defending the pass.  This should open Mack, Wilkins, and Hines from the 8 man boxes they's seen so much of the past few weeks.  

On the flip side, I think they are going to try the same thing on us and focus trying to run Gore down our throats.  They are not the most dynamic passing team, and I believe when they do try to pass, We'll have spy-blitzers at the ready to put pressure on Ryan Tannehill.  I expect Geathers to be in the box for most of the night to give run support up the middle.  Because We as Colts fans know all to well how good Gore is at finding a sliver of a seam and slipping through for 4-5 yards.  But this is a night i think will belong to Leonard and Walker.  I think both should have a stat stuffing performance on tackles.  1 if not both getting to a QB.

This normally feels like a trap game.  But I know Reich is too good, and has this team focused on the one game at a time mantra too well.  

This stat line ATM is Colts favored by 10.  I think the Colts cover this and we win by a minimum of 2 TD's.

Your thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Doubt Tannehill will play. Should be an easy dub. I expect a normal game like we've seen recently. I assume they expect us to run. We'll probably gameplan around that a bit. 

posted 1 hour ago:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-ryan-tannehill-shoulder-20181120-story.html

Headline:

"Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill looks sharp in practice, eyes return against Colts"

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

So, We will have Evan Boehm at Center this week Vrs the Phins.  The Dolphins are a respectable passing defense, but an absolutely awful run defense.  They give up an average of 4.8 YPC and over 140 yards/game on the ground.  When you have a new lineman, the best thing to do is run. It is much simpler to run block than pass block.  So meeting the Phins this week comes at an opportune time.  I expect a ratio of 3 runs out of every 5 plays for Indy this week.  Playing a lot of multiple TE formations so we can go no-huddle and gas the Phins defense early in the 2nd quarter.  Run, Run, Pass.   Run, Pass, Run.  Ect. The Dolphins are going to most likely see our passing attack over the past few weeks.  See Lucks streak of 3 Td's games, and the No Sack streak, and go all out defending the pass.  This should open Mack, Wilkins, and Hines from the 8 man boxes they's seen so much of the past few weeks.  

On the flip side, I think they are going to try the same thing on us and focus trying to run Gore down our throats.  They are not the most dynamic passing team, and I believe when they do try to pass, We'll have spy-blitzers at the ready to put pressure on Ryan Tannehill.  I expect Geathers to be in the box for most of the night to give run support up the middle.  Because We as Colts fans know all to well how good Gore is at finding a sliver of a seam and slipping through for 4-5 yards.  But this is a night i think will belong to Leonard and Walker.  I think both should have a stat stuffing performance on tackles.  1 if not both getting to a QB.

This normally feels like a trap game.  But I know Reich is too good, and has this team focused on the one game at a time mantra too well.  

This stat line ATM is Colts favored by 10.  I think the Colts cover this and we win by a minimum of 2 TD's.

Your thoughts?

I believe you called the titans route and everything you say here seems logical.  I'm also quite confident that we will win by 3 tds.  Hence I am also very nervous.  So I guess I am nervously confident or confidently nervous. 

6 minutes ago, cbear said:

I believe you called the titans route and everything you say here seems logical.  I'm also quite confident that we will win by 3 tds.  Hence I am also very nervous.  So I guess I am nervously confident or confidently nervous. 

If somehow you can go back, i called the last 4 games fairly accurate. :) 

• Like 2

I think this is a pretty good look at the game. The last couple years have made me nervous about getting too excited about this football team, but by all logic they should be able to handle the fish, with or without Tannehill.

I want us to continue to pound the rock. Just pound it and pound it and pound it till we break their will....then hit that deep pass to TY. 

All honesty i just want to see our D play  up to their abilities. Smother the run, smother the QB. Play like we played against the Titans. 

7 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Your thoughts?

I know Wake and company are probably tired of hearing that Luck hasn't been touched in a while and will be full force trying to get to him. They also know that Kelly will be out and will try to take advantage of that. So I expect an angry bunch on Sunday but I think will be okay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

I hope they try to pound the ball with frank.

Yeah, we've been awesome against the run this year and nobody's talking about that because we've been so bad against the pass except last week. So I hope they try and run Gore a lot because that plays right into our hands. 

The Dolphins run defense has been so porous. I will be disappointed anything less than 200 yards rushing for us AND a minimum of 150 for Mack.

I think it would be foolish for them to try to run it down our throats. With 2 weeks to prepare for us I expect their gameplan will be short passes against our weakness(soft coverage).

I expect a solid if not easy win for us.

Nah man I don't see this being an easy dub for the Colts at all. I like our team, and where we are headed. I will be massively disappointed if they aren't 6-5 by the end of week 12, but this is by no means a guaranteed layup. Miami is coming off a bye. They should be sharp for this one. We saw how teams like Oakland and Jacksonville gave Indy a run when they were coming off their byes. Our defense is still a work in progress. We finally saw some blitz packages and mixed coverages against Tennessee, so hopefully we can do that to make Tanny as uncomfortable as possible. We could be in trouble if our linebackers and DBs aren't making the tackles and swarming the pass catchers. We'll see more YAC like we did against J'Ville, and NYJ, and that could be trouble. Hopefully our offense continues to click. The Colts should win this game, but I don't think it'll be another 38-10 drubbing. It's hard to win back to back blowouts. 

Give me Colts 27-20 

• Like 1

Indianapolis Colts are 8-14 at home against the Miami Dolphins.

This makes the Dolphins one of those teams, the Colts are having the most problems of beating at home.

The last 8 home games the colts are 2-6, so with or without Andrew Luck, we still have trouble with the Dolphins.

Therefore I see this upcoming game as a crucial one, and a game that might be closer than people expect it to be.

It all might come down to the very last play, so don't think this one will be a cake walk, because 4 of the last 8 games, have been decided by a field goal.

I do believe the colts will win the game, due to their momentum, but look out for Frank Gore to have a career day, with multiple TD´s and a lot of yards.

The Dolphins are def not at bad team when facing the Colts, as they always bring their best against us.

Go Colts  

12 hours ago, cbear said:

Yeah, as soon as you think your good team another team unexpectedly brings you down to earth. It happens every week in the NFL. So the Colts have got to have the same mentality they had against the Titans. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Nah man I don't see this being an easy dub for the Colts at all. I like our team, and where we are headed. I will be massively disappointed if they aren't 6-5 by the end of week 12, but this is by no means a guaranteed layup. Miami is coming off a bye. They should be sharp for this one. We saw how teams like Oakland and Jacksonville gave Indy a run when they were coming off their byes. Our defense is still a work in progress. We finally saw some blitz packages and mixed coverages against Tennessee, so hopefully we can do that to make Tanny as uncomfortable as possible. We could be in trouble if our linebackers and DBs aren't making the tackles and swarming the pass catchers. We'll see more YAC like we did against J'Ville, and NYJ, and that could be trouble. Hopefully our offense continues to click. The Colts should win this game, but I don't think it'll be another 38-10 drubbing. It's hard to win back to back blowouts. 

Give me Colts 27-20 

I agree

12 hours ago, cbear said:

Coniferous?

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Give me Colts 27-20 

I would be more nervous if it was Brock instead of Ryan.  Ryan is coming back from a surgically repaired shoulder after just 5 week.  Plus wearing a knee brace due to the surgery there.  I just think early pressure like we had against Mariota will change their game plan.  If he is hit a lot early, they will go to a lot of running, screen and quick passes. Yes check down charlie.  But That philosophy plays right into the Colts hands.  Not many Offences can run 10-14 play drives consistently. 1 bad tip, a missed assignment on a block, good read by a defender, so many things will end a long play drive if your O is not perfect.  Ryan and that O-line is by no means perfect.

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I want THREE TD passes from Andrew!

Honestly, If i had to see one of the records drop this game, it would be that one.  Rather see the O sack game streak continue.  And also I'd rather see 200+ on the ground than big passing numbers. And i am of the variety that believes if a RB get's you there, let him get you in.

On paper the Colts should win this game.  Dolphins are around last in the league in sacks and QB hits and they are pretty bad against the run.  There offense hasn't scored a TD in 2 weeks before the bye.  I know Tannehill is going to start but is he really light years better than Brock?  I don't see it.  The Dolphins always give the Colts a good game though!  Hopefully the o line protects, the colts can run the ball and the defense can force 3rd downs and get off the field.  If the defense plays like they did last week, they'll be tough to beat.  I am hoping for a comfortable double digit win!

This game worries me only for that fact that this situation mirrors the same situation TN just faced against us.  Coming off a blowout against a Patriots team they fell flat against us and were themselves blown out.  Let's hope the Colts don't come out flat themselves looking past this game.

This is a game the Colts SHOULD win with a solid ground and pound offense and a Defense that takes away the run and forces Miami into a one dimensional offense.

I predict Colts  31 Dolphins 17

• Like 1

Hopefully we don't let up this week after such a great game against the Titans. I'm a little relieved we're not playing against Osweiler because he seems to give us fits for some odd reason. If we can handle Parker and Amendola, we should be fine. Lets keep this momentum going!

On 11/20/2018 at 10:39 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Dolphins run defense has been so porous. I will be disappointed anything less than 200 yards rushing for us AND a minimum of 150 for Mack.

I think it would be foolish for them to try to run it down our throats. With 2 weeks to prepare for us I expect their gameplan will be short passes against our weakness(soft coverage).

I expect a solid if not easy win for us.

I've been saying this for over a month, We've held guy's like Fournette, Miller, Lewis and Peterson to 3 YPC or under. Only 2 people have came close to hitting a 100 yard rushing, and that was when key defensive linemen were out.  Hunt is a big deal vrs the run, and people somehow not seeing it.  I really hope he can play this week.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, Calmack said:

Doubt Tannehill will play. Should be an easy dub. I expect a normal game like we've seen recently. I assume they expect us to run. We'll probably gameplan around that a bit. 

They are saying he will either way we don't have a good track record with their current backup.