Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think Brissett meant by this tweet?

GusFring

This reminds me of a story Collin Cowherd told of Andrew Luck during the pre-draft process.

A group of QBs, including Luck, Foles, and RG3 were meeting with teams at a training facility. Foles, RG3 and a few other QBs had placed a cone on top of a tackling bag 40-yards away and were taking turns throwing at it. Luck was in a meeting and had just walked out of the meeting. They asked him if wanted a turn. He picked up a football and hit the cone on his first try.

I'm not sure if the story is true, but it was a story that Cowherd repeated a couple of times on his show.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

This reminds me of a story Collin Cowherd told of Andrew Luck during the pre-draft process.

A group of QBs, including Luck, Foles, and RG3 were meeting with teams at a training facility. Foles, RG3 and a few other QBs had placed a cone on top of a tackling bag 40-yards away and were taking turns throwing at it. Luck was in a meeting and had just walked out of the meeting. They asked him if wanted a turn. He picked up a football and hit the cone on his first try.

I'm not sure if the story is true, but it was a story that Cowherd repeated a couple of times on his show.

I remembered this one (Go to 5:00 ): 

• Like 2

Isn’t it obvious? What he is saying is that he should be the starting quarterback and they need to bench Andrew Luck or trade him and if his demands are not met in the next 24 hours he will bomb the stadium! Because there is no way a guy can like Jacoby Brissett can post anything on social media and there not be some sort of hidden message involved...

Lol at first I thought the buckets were supposed to be a defender and that luck under threw it and jacoby was saying look I did better but then after watching it again it’s obvious he’s just teasing because they showed lucks go in. Btw that is a heck of a throw by luck. We have been sooooooo spoiled as a franchise for qb play for a long time going back to Johnny U. It’s kinda scary because after luck the odds say us getting a franchise qb won’t happen for a long time. Usually teams have to wait decades and we got one after another. Hopefully it doesn’t even itself out because we didn’t have to wait 10 yr for a good qb,  to us having to wait double as long, 20 yr to get another good Qb. Or maybe like the steelers always seem to have good defense or the ravens maybe we can be the team who always has good qb play. 

I think he was just giving the media people a hard time.  He probably had better throws at that and they picked a bad one to post.  

There has been no reports that he's unhappy with his role or how he's been treated.  

Also looking at his twitter feed it shows him in his Colts uniform at the top.  

Worst thing about it is he has photos of him showing off his SB ring when he was with the Pats.  

4 hours ago, Savage56 said:

I'm confident Brissett will be traded before the trade deadline next year. There's no way he's coming back here to play backup when he has starter talent and wants to get paid. Ballard will be smart to trade him.

I'm not as confident as you, but I hope your right! The only discussions of Brissett being traded, I think are by hopeful Colts fans, who think Brissett is starter material (I don't) and that the NFL and MLB trade deadlines work the same way, which they don't. Before, the trade deadline there were inquiries about T. Taylor, N. Foles and A.J. McCarron. However, it was stated that no one inquired about J.B. I can't find the link, but take it however you want. I'd think his value would've been higher this year, then it will be next season. Forecasting that Brissett will be traded next year on the last year of his contract, I'd say there would have to be a team in need of a QB for legitimate reasons (injury) like in playoff contention.  Anyways, just my two cents, but I hope and think he stays, because he is what he is, a good backup nothing more.  If the Colts can get at least a 3rd for him, I'd be all for it. 

11 hours ago, Savage56 said:

I'm confident Brissett will be traded before the trade deadline next year. There's no way he's coming back here to play backup when he has starter talent and wants to get paid. Ballard will be smart to trade him.

I think he is traded this offseason. I don't see entering the season with him...only to trade him when there are less suitors. 

It's a weak QB class and Ballard is going to take advantage of it. But I think Ballard has his eye on a player...not a pick. Perhaps a good young player heading into this 2nd or 3rd year under control for a couple years. Brissett could probably get someone like that.

36 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I think he is traded this offseason. I don't see entering the season with him...only to trade him when there are less suitors. 

It's a weak QB class and Ballard is going to take advantage of it. But I think Ballard has his eye on a player...not a pick. Perhaps a good young player heading into this 2nd or 3rd year under control for a couple years. Brissett could probably get someone like that.

Nahhh. It is pretty obvious that Ballard is obsessed with 2nd round picks (which he should be) cause he likes to be able to throw those darts at the board in hopes that one or two of them stick (see Turay, Braden Smith, Lewis, Leonard). I'd be more than happy to get a 2nd round pick from a team in the offseason and then see what Ballard can do with it in the draft!