Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mark Glowinski

Tombstone

He really dosen't get any pup.  Don't know if that's a good think or a bad thing.  I know if he would have gave up some sacks or negative yard when running the ball to his side he would have been get some pup.  He has been steady being the next man up thing.  So I will give him his props today because he also had a hand in this running game today....

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

He really dosen't get any pup.  Don't know if that's a good think or a bad thing.  I know if he would have gave up some sacks or negative yard when running the ball to his side he would have been get some pup.  He has been steady being the next man up thing.  So I will give him his props today because he also had a hand in this running game today....

We ran to both directions with equal effectiveness.    Typically,  it's to the left, behind AC.

But we ran very well to the right,  over Glowinski and Smith.    Very nice job by them.

Thanks to the OP for giving out some needed love to someone that no one knows about....

• Like 5

Castonzo shut Hughes down all game. Quentin was seeing how many players he could hit at the 2nd level, and Kelley was joining him. Glow and Smith where both send there side of the line 2-4 yards down field. Luck had so much time he ordered Uber Eats and had a Pizza in the 2nd quarter. 

Best I've seen the OL play in years.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Matabix said:

Castonzo shut Hughes down all game. Quentin was seeing how many players he could hit at the 2nd level, and Kelley was joining him. Glow and Smith where both send there side of the line 2-4 yards down field. Luck had so much time he ordered Uber Eats and had a Pizza in the 2nd quarter

Best I've seen the OL play in years.

That why Brissett came in during the fourth. Luck wanted a piece while it was still hot lol.

...Do we really need a tackle in the next draft? Idk, but Smith has looked SUPER solid as a RT so far. We could get depth in FA market, and just take BPA in the draft regardless of position. That was a VERY legit Defense this line just manhandled.

Oh, want to see something great? Check out the 2nd TD pass, but see what Nelson does. I got feelings watching that

• Like 1

They have looked good but I will wait with cautious optimism.  Lets give it a few more games.  If Smith continues to be this good or better for the rest of the season.  Will they keep him at tackle or move him back to guard next year.  I think Glowinski is only a stop gap right now and got to wonder if Slauson has been a big impact.

16 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

Ballard did it, he fixed the oline. Just gotta stay healthy. 

I'm going to be a little more cautious then that.  At the end of 2016 we thought the line was fixed in part because it played well over the final 4 games.  

However the line's performance does give one reason for optimism.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm going to be a little more cautious then that.  At the end of 2016 we thought the line was fixed in part because it played well over the final 4 games.  

However the line's performance does give one reason for optimism.  

I will say at the end of 2016 we didn't have 3 First Rounders across the left side to the Center.  And then a pretty decent FA Guard and a 2nd round G/T hybrid in Smith like we do know.   The talent level is a lot better with the group we have now.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

When Hines averages 9.4 YPC you know the O-Line is puttin' in work. 

Props to Glowinski, but definitely shout out to Dave DeGuglielmo (O-Line coach) as well. He's got this unit playing great. 

Zero sacks in the last two games against two good defenses! 

I would say when Wilkins is averaging 7+ yds/carry without Doyle blocking on the line...the OL is putting in work.

13 hours ago, Farns01 said:

got to wonder if Slauson has been a big impact.

He had the same impact as Good, Haeg, and Clark:

Serviceable in pass pro as long as Luck gets rid of the ball within 2.5 sec.

Terrible in being able to move a D-Lineman enough to create a hole to run through.

Having Good, Haeg, Clark, and Slauson OFF the field when the Colts are running the ball is one of the best things that has happened so far this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I will say at the end of 2016 we didn't have 3 First Rounders across the left side to the Center.  And then a pretty decent FA Guard and a 2nd round G/T hybrid in Smith like we do know.   The talent level is a lot better with the group we have now.

That is because Ballard actually invests high picks in the line.  

Grigson spent too much time trying to find some low priced FA's and lower level picks to fill out the line.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tombstone said:

He played well in the preseason too. PFF loved him. 

3 hours ago, egg said:

Terrible in being able to move a D-Lineman enough to create a hole to run through.

Having Good, Haeg, Clark, and Slauson OFF the field when the Colts are running the ball is one of the best things that has happened so far this year.

I'm referring to him helping the coaching staff.  They asked him to stick with the team and help with the players after his injury.

4 hours ago, egg said:

Hate to break the news to you but Clark went in at TE on several plays yesterday. 

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Hate to break the news to you but Clark went in at TE on several plays yesterday. 

Oh...Well...I stand corrected then... The reason that Wilkens, Hines, and Mack ran left, ran right, ran up the gut  all game long to the tune of 219 yards with a 7.3 yds per carry, producing the Colt's best rushing attack in 10 years against a solid run defense, is Because Clark was in at TE on several plays. I didn't realize he was that good.

29 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What does it matter?

Well, using that Google/Wiki thingy that some feel necessary to supplement their brain with:

Glowinski was drafted in the 4th round in 2015, then started 16 games at G then next season.

Seattle's starting Gs are now former 2nd overall pick Luke Joeckle, and a 2nd rounder from 2017.

So the 1st and 2nd rounder beat out the 4th rounder, who was waived, but who then beat out our 5th rounder (Haeg), 7th rounder (Good), and UDFA, (Vuj).

Go figure.

And our oline now has 3 first rounders, a second rounder, and a fourth rounder, and is the best its been in a long time.  But, it wasn't playing very well until its 1st rounder started playing and the 4th rounder played ahead of the 5th and 7th rounders.

I can see where this GM stuff is hard.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Well, using that Google/Wiki thingy that some feel necessary to supplement their brain with:

Glowinski was drafted in the 4th round in 2015, then started 16 games at G then next season.

Seattle's starting Gs are now former 2nd overall pick Luke Joeckle, and a 2nd rounder from 2017.

So the 1st and 2nd rounder beat out the 4th rounder, who was waived, but who then beat out our 5th rounder (Haeg), 7th rounder (Good), and UDFA, (Vuj).

Go figure.

And our oline now has 3 first rounders, a second rounder, and a fourth rounder, and is the best its been in a long time.  But, it wasn't playing very well until its 1st rounder started playing and the 4th rounder played ahead of the 5th and 7th rounders.

Really,  then why aren't you one??

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Really,  then why aren't you one??

Well, @DougDew did post in another thread that it was "actually pretty easy for a GM to correct" the holes left in the roster from the previous GM.  IMO it is not easy, but some posters continue to believe that they know more than the actual people that have the job.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Go figure.

800px_COLOURBOX19551875.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Do you have an updated link to our O-Line ranks on PFF after week 7 for the Colts? Would really appreciate it!

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Do you have an updated link to our O-Line ranks on PFF after week 7 for the Colts? Would really appreciate it!

This is how they currently have our Oline ranked.

Kelly 7th best center

Glo.    11 th best guard

Nelson 26th best guard

Smith 20th best tackle

Clark 30th

Castonzo hasn’t played enough games to be ranked yet, but they have him graded in the 50s.  He has pretty good pass blocking marks, but not so good with run blocking.

On a side note, the new safety we signed has been at elite status the last 2 games and Adams is receiving a good grade as well at LB.

• Thanks 1