Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mark Glowinski

Tombstone

3 minutes ago, bigt said:

This is how they currently have our Oline ranked.

Kelly 7th best center

Glo.    11 th best guard

Nelson 26th best guard

Smith 20th best tackle

Clark 30th

Castonzo hasn’t played enough games to be ranked yet, but they have him graded in the 50s.  He has pretty good pass blocking marks, but not so good with run blocking.

On a side note, the new safety we signed has been at elite status the last 2 games and Adams is receiving a good grade as well at LB.

Thanks for the response! Much appreciated!

7 hours ago, bigt said:

This is how they currently have our Oline ranked.

Kelly 7th best center

Glo.    11 th best guard

Nelson 26th best guard

Smith 20th best tackle

Clark 30th

Castonzo hasn’t played enough games to be ranked yet, but they have him graded in the 50s.  He has pretty good pass blocking marks, but not so good with run blocking.

On a side note, the new safety we signed has been at elite status the last 2 games and Adams is receiving a good grade as well at LB.

Through 7 games, we should be thanking Grigson for Kelly, and the Seattle GM for replacing his 4th rounder (Glowinski) with a 1st and a 2nd rounder, allowing our GM to get Glowinski with high priority waiver claim.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Well, @DougDew did post in another thread that it was "actually pretty easy for a GM to correct" the holes left in the roster from the previous GM.  IMO it is not easy, but some posters continue to believe that they know more than the actual people that have the job.

I was obviously being sarcastic, subtly pointing to the fact that our oline has a collection of the highest drafted players its had in a long time, maybe ever.  It was a long winded response to someone asking why where a player (who is playing well) was drafted being relevant.  Its obvious that it is relevant.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Through 7 games, we should be thanking Grigson for Kelly, and the Seattle GM for replacing his 4th rounder (Glowinski) with a 1st and a 2nd rounder, allowing our GM to get Glowinski with high priority waiver claim.

Well, then the we might as well thank the Browns, Giants, Jets and Broncos for NOT drafting Nelson before pick 6.  And we might as well thank every team in the league for not draft Smith before the Colts.

Some of the things you come up with trying to make a point are mind numbing.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I was obviously being sarcastic, subtly pointing to the fact that our oline has a collection of the highest drafted players its had in a long time, maybe ever.  It was a long winded response to someone asking why where a player (who is playing well) was drafted being relevant.  Its obvious that it is relevant.

So you were being sarcastic in the other thread?  I doubt it.  You, along with some other posters on the board, have a delusional thought that you could do a good as job as Ballard.  When the truth is you couldn't even do as good a job Grigson did, which in hindsight was poor.

Where a player is drafted is irrelevant once they start to play, in regards to who starts and plays the most.  The only relevance it might have is how good a job the GM and scouts are doing in evaluating and targeting talent.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Well, then the we might as well thank the Browns, Giants, Jets and Broncos for NOT drafting Nelson before pick 6.  And we might as well thank every team in the league for not draft Smith before the Colts.

Weren't you around back in the days of bleedcoltsblue, coltsfan and ManningsArmy?  I'm surprised you haven't learned by now that wasting time responding to these trolls is pointless.

Sorry that my first post to you in a long time is a bash - you've been one of my favorite posters going back two decades.  (shoot, I shouldn't have typed that, now I feel old!)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

They're ranked 26th and 30th.  I'm glad we got Kelly and that the SEA GM upgraded their Gs to a former 1st and 2nd rounders.

Geez, I understand the big picture and glad to have them all, but some of the comments used to praise the Wizard of NFL are mind numbing.

10 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Weren't you around back in the days of bleedcoltsblue, coltsfan and ManningsArmy?  I'm surprised you haven't learned by now that wasting time responding to these trolls is pointless.

Sorry that my first post to you in a long time is a bash - you've been one of my favorite posters going back two decades.  (shoot, I shouldn't have typed that, now I feel old!)

You are right and I know.  But I just can't help myself.

Good to hear from you again... it's been a long time since you posted regularly, I'm guessing it has to do with the overall quality of posts.

15 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

So you were being sarcastic in the other thread?  I doubt it.  You, along with some other posters on the board, have a delusional thought that you could do a good as job as Ballard.  When the truth is you couldn't even do as good a job Grigson did, which in hindsight was poor.

Where a player is drafted is irrelevant once they start to play, in regards to who starts and plays the most.  The only relevance it might have is how good a job the GM and scouts are doing in evaluating and targeting talent.

LOL.  So Ballard devotes more quality picks to the oline than his two predecessors, and now it's performing better than any oline since about the Tarik Glenn days.  It doesn't really take much NFL GM skill to make that connection.

But, okay, I'll leave you with the notion that draft position provides no indication of how they will play in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LOL.  So Ballard devotes more quality picks to the oline than his two predecessors, and now it's performing better than any oline since about the Tarik Glenn days.  It doesn't really take much NFL GM skill to make that connection.

But, okay, I'll leave you with the notion that draft position provides no indication of how they will play in the NFL. 

That's not even close to what I posted, but then comprehension seems to be an issue for you.

14 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

That's not even close to what I posted, but then comprehension seems to be an issue for you.

Glowinski was drafted in the 4th round, became a 16 game starter for Seattle his first year, got beat out his second year, then formerly replaced by Luke Joeckel and a G they drafted in the 2nd round.  He comes here during a period when other teams rosters are full and wins the starting job over guys drafted in the 5th, 7th, and UDFA, who have never kept a starting position.

And people are trying to say that draft position doesn't matter, at the same time they praise Ballard for picking a G at #6.

Why exactly are you being disagreeable?

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Glowinski was drafted in the 4th round, became a 16 game starter for Seattle his first year, got beat out his second year, then formerly replaced by Luke Joeckel and a G they drafted in the 2nd round.  He comes here during a period when other teams rosters are full and wins the starting job over guys drafted in the 5th, 7th, and UDFA, who have never kept a starting position.

And people are trying to say that draft position doesn't matter, at the same time they praise Ballard for picking a G at #6.

Why exactly are you being disagreeable?

I'm not the one that is disagreeable.  As many posters have indicated that honor would be all yours.  

I will try again, read slowly now.  Once a player makes a team it does not matter where he was drafted when it come to who plays and who starts.  What matters is how well they play.  It doesn't matter if the were a 1st round pick or an UDFA, whoever plays the best gets to start.  I can only think of a few times when that was not the case and then that situation didn't last long.  The vast majority of the time the player that plays the best gets to play the most.

32 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I'm not the one that is disagreeable.  As many posters have indicated that honor would be all yours.  

I will try again, read slowly now.  Once a player makes a team it does not matter where he was drafted when it come to who plays and who starts.  What matters is how well they play.  It doesn't matter if the were a 1st round pick or an UDFA, whoever plays the best gets to start.  I can only think of a few times when that was not the case and then that situation didn't last long.  The vast majority of the time the player that plays the best gets to play the most.

Yeah I got it, but I was miffed as to why you thought that point was relevant.  

We tend to expect higher drafted players who once started 16 games to beat out lower drafted players who have struggled to hold onto positions.  I assume that lens was the reason The Wizard put in the claim for Glowinski in the first place.

21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah I got it, but I was miffed as to why you thought that point was relevant.  

We tend to expect higher drafted players who once started 16 games to beat out lower drafted players who have struggled to hold onto positions.  I assume that lens was the reason The Wizard put in the claim for Glowinski in the first place.

He was replaced by  Oday Aboushi in Seattle. Aboushi was a fifth round pick

44 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He was replaced by  Oday Aboushi in Seattle. Aboushi was a fifth round pick

Yes I know, after 2 games in 2017.  And Aboushi earned and kept his starting spot until he got hurt.  Its a point of minutia when Seattle signed Joeckel and drafted Cocic in round 2 who replaced their 5th and 4th rounders at Gs. 

Maybe Glow will tail off and we look to upgrade again via the draft.  I highly doubt that with Haeg and Glow on the roster that The Wizard would bother to draft a G in the 4th or 5th round.

I'm not sure why folks are being contrarian.  

Was claiming Glow not good?  Should we not have sought to upgrade G by drafting one in round 1 and 2 and tried it solely via later rounds?  I'm not following this argument.  

16 hours ago, egg said:

Oh...Well...I stand corrected then... The reason that Wilkens, Hines, and Mack ran left, ran right, ran up the gut  all game long to the tune of 219 yards with a 7.3 yds per carry, producing the Colt's best rushing attack in 10 years against a solid run defense, is Because Clark was in at TE on several plays. I didn't realize he was that good.

Just correcting your argument that having the four guys including Clark off the field is reason we ran so well. Where did I sayhe was the reason we ran the ball so well? Must have some egg on you face for that.:goodluck:

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

I wondering who the heck he was and how we got him! The way Ballard makes so many moves it's hard to keep track. He's came in and handled the job well.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 11:38 AM, Luck 4 president said:

Depending on whose there, I would draft a RT who can play guard in the 2nd or 3rd. In case of injury he can fill in at RG or RT, or maybe even start at one of those. 

Absolutely not.....jesus.  We need WR badly, pass rushers badly, and dbs waaaaaaay before we would ever have the luxury of using an early rounder on a swing tackle.

31 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Absolutely not.....jesus.  We need WR badly, pass rushers badly, and dbs waaaaaaay before we would ever have the luxury of using an early rounder on a swing tackle.

We have a good pass rush so I wouldn’t say it’s a huge need. We do need WRs and Corners, but remember we have a 1st, 2 2nd round picks, and likely 2 3rds, and WRs and zone corners are always available in FA. I’m just saying if the BPA is a RT/RG with one of our first 5 picks it would be a good idea to take him. Having depth at OL is more important than any other group. And I’ve never heard someone refer to a 2nd/3rd round OL as a luxury pick lol.

11 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

We have a good pass rush so I wouldn’t say it’s a huge need. We do need WRs and Corners, but remember we have a 1st, 2 2nd round picks, and likely 2 3rds, and WRs and zone corners are always available in FA. I’m just saying if the BPA is a RT/RG with one of our first 5 picks it would be a good idea to take him. Having depth at OL is more important than any other group. And I’ve never heard someone refer to a 2nd/3rd round OL as a luxury pick lol.

When you have numerous gaping holes elsewhere on the team, and you choose to draft essentially a backup at a position group with numerous high round picks, that pick would be the textbook definition of a luxury pick.....lol

1 minute ago, MacDee1975 said:

When you have numerous gaping holes elsewhere on the team, and you choose to draft essentially a backup at a position group with numerous high round picks, that pick would be the textbook definition of a luxury pick.....lol

It all comes down to drafting philosophy. I prefer drafting BPA while you prefer drafting needs. Neither are wrong.

Just now, Luck 4 president said:

It all comes down to drafting philosophy. I prefer drafting BPA while you prefer drafting needs. Neither are wrong.

If there was an OL in round 3 that had a round 1 grade, i'd be all for it.  But if everyone available in round 3 had round 3 grades, you can't go OL when you have such glaring needs at other positions.

2 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

If there was an OL in round 3 that had a round 1 grade, i'd be all for it.  But if everyone available in round 3 had round 3 grades, you can't go OL when you have such glaring needs at other positions.

That’s why I said “depending on whose there” and “if the BPA is a RT/RG” 

From Kevin Bowen:

https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-notebook-who-could-be-kicking-colts-sunday

Speaking of Glowinski, just because he wasn’t a top-40 pick of his respective draft doesn’t mean he lacks talent. Glowinski was a fourth-round draft pick of Seattle in 2015 and had 19 career starts with the Seahawks. “He’s a grinder,” Castonzo said of Glowinski, who has started at right guard for three straight games, on Tuesday. “If everyone had a chance to watch him in the weight room, they would be incredibly impressed with him. I know I am. He’s a physical specimen and has the ability to physically move people out of the way which is a huge thing for a guard.”

Comments from Nick Sirianni

....the group has talent and that was very evident against a top-10 Buffalo defense: “I’m seeing a lot of movement, moving the defensive line against their will. I see double teams moving the defense, just power, power by Braden Smith, power by Quenton Nelson, good quickness by Ryan Kelly and just good fundamental technique by Anthony Castonzo and just mean and nastiness by (Mark) Glowinski. That entire group, they all have their special qualities.”

https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-notebook-who-could-be-kicking-colts-sunday