Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack appreciation thread

AwesomeAustin

8 minutes ago, Trueman said:

He's a good player. 

I like all of our young running backs , to be honest. Though, Mack probably has the highest ceiling. 

Mack is 10x better than the others. It's not close.

Mack's burst, speed, elusiveness, and strength is better than Wilkins and Hines combined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His speed is a huge +, Hines is a good one too. Can't teach speed.

Yep , and they all bring something different to the table. 

The OL is the most important factor in all of this , though. 

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Mack is still 10x better than the others. It's not close.

Ok, 10x better it is. Forgive me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Marlon Mack looked terrific today.  19 rushes for 126yds on the ground.  When healthy he can be a game changer and shows we do not need to invest in Bell. I could see us drafting a 3 down back if available but I’m liking what we have.  I hope injuries are behind this team. 

Is this the right thread for me to say "I told you so!"

13 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Is this the right thread for me to say "I told you so!"

Maybe. Mack needs to show he can be a factor in 10+ games a year.  Heck of a game today and played well last week. If Mack and the OL can string multiple games in a row like this feel free to tell anyone and everyone so.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Give him some more time. Perhaps with the better run blocking the last few games we’ll see if he can improve some. I thought he had a nice game.

He's decent but I don't know how much better he's got to give. Decent game today.

Before we all proclaim that Marlon Mack is our primary lead back for the future,  I think it's important to note....

Mack having a game like this was not hard to see coming.   This should surprise no one.

But...    there are two key questions...

1.    Can Mack do this over the course of a 16-game season?     That's an unknown.

2.    If Mack has a really good season (1,000 Yards)  can he have multiple seasons,  or will his body break down sooner rather than later.      I wouldn't rule out Ballard spending another 4th round pick this year on another back for more depth.    That RB would replace Turpin.    We'd have a 4-some of Mack, Hines,  Wilkins, and the 2019 RB.       I think that would be a good group.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Before we all proclaim that Marlon Mack is our primary lead back for the future,  I think it's important to note....

Mack having a game like this was not hard to see coming.   This should surprise no one.

But...    there are two key questions...

1.    Can Mack do this over the course of a 16-game season?     That's an unknown.

2.    If Mack has a really good season (1,000 Yards)  can he have multiple seasons,  or will his body break down sooner rather than later.      I wouldn't rule out Ballard spending another 4th round pick this year on another back for more depth.    That RB would replace Turpin.    We'd have a 4-some of Mack, Hines,  Wilkins, and the 2019 RB.       I think that would be a good group.

Well, he's done it 2 games in a row since he's been back from injury. that's shows promise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Great to win. Been a rough week with my mom passing last night. Mack can be great

Stephen....   I am so sorry for your loss.    Don't know if this was unexpected or if you were prepared for it,  but either way,  it's never easy.    There are going to be some tough days ahead.   But just know that you have family and friends who will help you through this.    And you will get through this.    Hang in there....   

He just looks like he’s shot out of a cannon when a hole opens up. I don’t see that burst with any of our other backs and can’t remember the last time I saw a colts running back have that first burst. He still needs the o line to create holes for him but when they do watch out!!  If he can stay healthy he’s gonna be a huge weapon for us!

• Like 1