Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

#Fireballard

csmopar

5 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Since when is critiquing or disagreeing with someone “boo-hooing?” Not everyone has to blindly follow Ballard like you

There's a difference between critiquing and flat whining. MOST on here the past few days have done the latter. Only a few actually are critiquing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Since when is critiquing or disagreeing with someone “boo-hooing?” Not everyone has to blindly follow Ballard like you

No one is blindly following Ballard. Many of us understand he is professional with a damn good scouting background, and most importantly a vision. He laid out his vision pretty clearly, and followed through with his beliefs. Games are won on the fronts, and this roster was in dire shape on both sides of the ball. Solidify the fronts and put playmakers in position to win ballgames. We have some playmakers believe it or not. 

This is a multi-year rebuild. Year 2 to be exact and Ballard's vision is becoming clear and coming together. Have you checked out the capspace for next offseason by chance? Patience young grasshoppa

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

And for the record, I do not agree with all of the moves ballards made this draft but I also do not know enough about the two players I'm questioning to accurately draw a conclusion either way. I'm just going to let it play out

• Like 2

I'm usually all about letting people be skeptical, seriously, a lot of times I'm one of them. But there really does seem to be an insane amount of just straight up twitter esque bashing/whining going on.

To be fair there are plenty of people who are rationally questioning these picks, but there's a lot of others who are going overboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'm usually all about letting people be skeptical, seriously, a lot of times I'm one of them. But there really does seem to be an insane amount of just straight up twitter esque bashing/whining going on.

To be fair there are plenty of people who are rationally questioning these picks, but there's a lot of others who are going overboard.

To think of it, I think it's just The fan base here has always been that way. Take the Reggie Miller over Steve Alford pick back in the 80s, there were fans threatening to flat kill the pacers owner and president. Appears that many fans are still that way

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm fine with people saying they think players are reaches or they personally don't like the pick, but can we please not call for Ballard's job before these guys even step on a football field. 

For the record, I'm not calling for his job, purely a sarcastic thread

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

To think of it, I think it's just The fan base here has always been that way. Take the Reggie Miller over Steve Alford pick back in the 80s, there were fans threatening to flat kill the pacers owner and president. Appears that many fans are still that way

For the record, I'm not calling for his job, purely a sarcastic thread

I know I just meant it as a general statement. I read what you wrote to start the thread.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

No one is blindly following Ballard. Many of us understand he is professional with a damn good scouting background, and most importantly a vision. He laid out his vision pretty clearly, and followed through with his beliefs. Games are won on the fronts, and this roster was in dire shape on both sides of the ball. Solidify the fronts and put playmakers in position to win ballgames. We have some playmakers believe it or not. 

This is a multi-year rebuild. Year 2 to be exact and Ballard's vision is becoming clear and coming together. Have you checked out the capspace for next offseason by chance? Patience young grasshoppa

Just because he has a vision doesn’t mean it’s right and doesnt mean it’s wrong. Just like you believe he’s making the right moves, it’s okay for some not to feel the same way

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

it's ok theres just a bunch of madden players out there who feel CB should get 99 overall players only or else were quote on quote wasting lucks time.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Some people just love skill positions.

This is an anti-Polian draft and it’s glorious. 

What most on here are failing to realize that pretty much every GM, media talking head etc have said for months that outside of a handful of guys, this draft was really weak at WR, CB and other "skill positions"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Just because he has a vision doesn’t mean it’s right and doesnt mean it’s wrong. Just like you believe he’s making the right moves, it’s okay for some not to feel the same way

Actually it is right. His vision is what wins in the NFL and has been proven to win over and over. Frank Reich can elaborate on it as he just received a superbowl ring...

He's picking great athletes that have potential and fit with their scheme/culture they are creating. Quenton Nelson sure does. This should be a breath of fresh air for Colts fans, and some of these * are throwing a fit because they think they know best. Laughable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Actually it is right. His vision is what wins in the NFL and has been proven to win over and over. Frank Reich can elaborate on it as he just received a superbowl ring...

He's picking great athletes that have potential and fit with their scheme/culture they are creating. Quenton Nelson sure does. This should be a breath of fresh air for Colts fans, and some of these * are throwing a fit because they think they know best. Laughable.

I think majority like Nelson pick. Most of the head scratching has come from the second round picks, outside of say Smith 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

What most on here are failing to realize that pretty much every GM, media talking head etc have said for months that outside of a handful of guys, this draft was really weak at WR, CB and other "skill positions"

CB wasn’t too bad , no?

But yeah, I have no doubt we’ll find help at RB if Ballard so chooses. A line changes everything.

Honestly though, all I can think about is Maurice Hurst for our 4th round pick. 

• Like 1

It's just weird for me. Love Nelson (obviously), love every pick today as a 3rd rounder, but we took them in the 2nd. Maybe I'm underestimating how high they went, but I would of literally taken these guys a round later if we had four 3rd rounders. I'm going to need convincing by Ballard or someone here we didn't reach a bunch. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's just weird for me. Love Nelson (obviously), love every pick today as a 3rd rounder, but we took them in the 2nd. Maybe I'm underestimating how high they went, but I would of literally taken these guys a round later if we had three 4th rounders. I'm going to need convincing by Ballard or someone here we didn't reach a bunch. 

There’s no need to be convinced , man. Just let time pass , and you’ll have the only answer that matters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Rutgers DE had 7 sacks in three years and two shoulder surgeries. I have every right as a fan to be like wth. We have Anderson Simon Sheard Autry at DE already. Makes 0 sense. First three picks were good. We should have grabbed Chark from LSU 6'3 200lb+ WR, guess who got him Jacksonville smh. Luck has crap to throw to besides ty. And we still need an ILB and CB. I hope the picks pan out but doubt it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

------------------- THIS ----------------------

Thank you!     Thank you!    Thank you!

Really appreciate you saying this!   :thmup:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I think majority like Nelson pick. Most of the head scratching has come from the second round picks, outside of say Smith 

Darius Leonard is a day 1 starter. And difference maker. Perfect fit for Eberflus defense...  I was concerned they wouldn't take a linebacker in the 2nd and really feel the effects with less talent in rounds 3-7. 

The back to back defensive ends is where most are upset. But it fits with the current nfl trend on defense. Stacking pass rushers and keeping them fresh through rotational "waves." It isn't wrong. It's smart. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I don’t know about you guys but I’m stoked for our first 2 picks. Nelson and Smith. Our O-Line is completely revamped to protect Luck. We will play and move the ball so much better now. Can’t wait to see it in action. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Here. With all the whining and crying and otherwise boo hooing going on about how Ballard didn't impress, he didn't do this or that, he didn't bring home the Lombardi tonight. So  I'll just go ahead and save you all the time and start this thread for you...

feel better now?  :lol::peek:

praying-man.jpg

Thank you jeebus for this post not actually being a serious #FireBallard thread.

In Lucks name we pray.

:clover:  :colts:  :hat:

The self righteous, unquestioning supporters with their sarcastic comments about any complaints or criticisms are more annoying than the complainers.

The "armchair GM", "If you know so much why aren't you getting paid to do it", etc .. are tired overused cliches ... just because you have the title and the scouts doesn't mean you are beyond reproach; Grigson and many other former GMs are proof of that.

Personally, I was not a fan of the Nelson pick; watching all the other OL come off the board early made it a little more palatable (though still not my 1st choice) ... I am not sure what I think of some of our other picks yet especially seeing the draft unfold much differently than most anticipated.

There is no doubt he has put his stamp on the team (including some questionable decisions), and there also will be no doubt who will need to take the heat if the Colts don't return to being a top tier team. 

I am willing to give Ballard the benefit of the doubt for another year or so and see how things come together... but that doesn't mean blind faith and no criticisms.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm fine with people saying they think players are reaches or they personally don't like the pick, but can we please not call for Ballard's job before these guys even step on a football field. 

Totally agree.  Our GM is doing exactly what he said he was going to do coming in, make this team a contender, and a team the fans will be proud of.  Its time to either be a true Colts fan,  and stop stirring the pot with all the negative crap.