Jim Irsay letter to Colts fans

RockThatBlue

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know 8-8 is technically not a losing season..,but the frustrations go back further than 2017.

Also, no mention of Luck is at least concerning...especially from Irsay. I know Ballard says it's not about one guy, but Irsay not mentioning his 28 year-old franchise QB as a reason for optimism definitely does not make me feel better about Luck.

42 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not bad but the question that looms... what about Luck

No matter what the organization says until Andrew Luck takes the field & throws some passes no ones really buying what the teams selling fans need something after last season to calm there nerves , I personally have faith but that & 1 dollar gets me a Mc Chicken .

3 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

No matter what the organization says until Andrew Luck takes the field & throws some passes no ones really buying what the teams selling fans need something after last season to calm there nerves , I personally have faith but that & 1 dollar gets me a Mc Chicken .

Last time I went to McDanile..err McDonalds (years ago now) I ordered a double cheeseburger and the lady taking the order asked back "whats a double cheeseburger?". This happened a few more times, I got annoyed and drove off.

I'll bet this story is more interesting than Irsay's press release. 

44 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Renew those season tickets...

I'd say the front office should be transparent are there lingering issues we fans should be made aware of ? 

It's a very simple answer Chris Ballard is Andrew Luck " In or Out ? "  

We have a Right to know if the Grigson Colts squandered our franchise QB ? 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Not bad but the question that looms... what about Luck

What about him? I mean, either he's back or he's not. If he is, awesome. If not, they'll have to find a new QB. 

Ballard gave a pretty straightforward update less than a week ago. I don't know what else anyone can say about it right now, or why it would matter. They said he'd be ready last season, and he wasn't. Just gotta wait at this point.

24 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I'd say the front office should be transparent are there lingering issues we fans should be made aware of ? 

We have the right to know when the Colts have an answer to give.  But at the moment,  the Colts have no answers.

And it's not clear -- yet -- when the Colts will Now about Luck's future.   Until then,  we all wait....

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Luck is the biggest question for sure, but with some solid free agent signings and a strong draft, even with Brissett the Colts can be competitive and improved from last season.

We had some good games last season with him we just couldn't finish those games maybe with better coaching an solid offseason that changes I hope because some games last season were just pathetic to watch.

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

What about him? I mean, either he's back or he's not. If he is, awesome. If not, they'll have to find a new QB. 

Ballard gave a pretty straightforward update less than a week ago. I don't know what else anyone can say about it right now, or why it would matter. They said he'd be ready last season, and he wasn't. Just gotta wait at this point.

Oh I know. I'm just saying that the letter isn't going to calm most fans. It might and while it's a good gesture for sure, the trouble is, that question will loom for months

9 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We had some good games last season with him we just couldn't finish those games maybe with better coaching an solid offseason that changes I hope because some games last season were just pathetic to watch.

Wasn't it something like 9 blown 4th quarter leads? Imagine if we'd held on and won those...

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I thought we were all in agreement that Irsay shouldn't talk about Luck anymore... I have no problem with the fact that he didn't mention it. 

I feel lucky to root for Irsay's team... He's a good one, in my book...

Yeah, after last year with what Jim said about Luck he more than likely stayed away from making the same mistake in this letter. I can't say I blame him.

4 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Luck is the biggest question for sure, but with some solid free agent signings and a strong draft, even with Brissett the Colts can be competitive and improved from last season.

Everyone acts like we are screwed without Luck..I like Brissett, he is only 24 has a great arm is a smart kid who will continue to develop...With better coaching and improved roster we can compete next year with Brissett..

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Everyone acts like we a screwed without Luck..I like Brissett, he is only 24 has a great arm is a smart kid who will continue to develop...With better coaching and improved roster we can compete next year with Brissett..

I agree. If it does turn out Luck is either not ready or not able to return Brissett will have a great head coach that has helped coach and prepare some pretty good QBs in his history.

2 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Well it requires people having common sense and understanding that they cant predict the health of a mans surgically repaired shoulder.

Im not sure why anyone wants to be that annoying......asking questions they know cant be answered just so they can whine about the lack of answers. But it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Well it requires people having common sense and understanding that they cant predict the health of a mans surgically repaired shoulder.

Im not sure why anyone wants to be that annoying......asking questions they know cant be answered just so they can whine about the lack of answers. But it is what it is.

It's called fandom.

The fans have no right to know about the health of the players

2 hours ago, Superman said:

They should put Luck on a 24 hour webcam like that zoo did a couple years ago waiting for tat giraffe to give birth. 

Hopefully not the bathroom walls......

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Everyone acts like we a screwed without Luck..I like Brissett, he is only 24 has a great arm is a smart kid who will continue to develop...With better coaching and improved roster we can compete next year with Brissett..

With excellent coaching, leading to better conditioning and scheming, and an upgraded o-line, I realistically see winning 10 games this year.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Say what you want about Jim Irsay, but this organisation means the world to him.  Does he sometimes say too much (Luck being back week 1, O-line is fixed, etc)?  Yes, but that is because he is an optimist, perhaps sometimes verging on being naïve, but he wants to believe things will get better and wants to communicate that to the fans to give us hope.

There are very few owners who are as communicative with the fans and, although he has his faults, we could do a lot worse.

4 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Say what you want about Jim Irsay, but this organisation means the world to him.  Does he sometimes say too much (Luck being back week 1, O-line is fixed, etc)?  Yes, but that is because he is an optimist, perhaps sometimes verging on being naïve, but he wants to believe things will get better and wants to communicate that to the fans to give us hope.

There are very few owners who are as communicative with the fans and, although he has his faults, we could do a lot worse.

Agreed!

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We have the right to know when the Colts have an answer to give.  But at the moment,  the Colts have no answers.

And it's not clear -- yet -- when the Colts will Now about Luck's future.   Until then,  we all wait....

And I get that & I expect Andrew Luck to be just fine  but the speculation is not good & I would hope they are forthcoming with some real answers soon ..