Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So.....this is THE plan? (merge)

threeflight

26 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

This whole thread is ridiculous. There's actually a post in here that says we should hire based on breeding.... We're talking about humans being qualified because of breeding. Ridiculous.

JShipp demands that everyone who disagrees with him, in every ridiculous thread he creates, explain their reasons to him, which is fair enough I guess even though most of the over the top comments he makes are easy enough to spot where the disagreement comes from. But whenever someone asks him why he thinks that way or what could possibly make his idea seem rational to him, he comes back with "just look at him, he'll be a legend" :lol: Like I said, I can always count on a solid core of posters here to bring the nonsense. 

2006, I don't know that I have a favorite selected yet. Unfortunately I was hitched to that McDaniels wagon, after finally coming around on him. I know that I won't be throwing any temper tantrums if my favorite guy, once I figure that out, isn't chosen though. If I had to choose from the 3 names reported, I probably would lean Reich at this moment, but that's subject to change.   We all know this situation isn't ideal, because it would be much better to have gotten McDaniels rejection notice in a respectable time frame, but that's not the reality we live in. Whining about not hiring coaches that are either completely unqualified (Manning), HIGHLY unlikely (Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer, etc), or already hired (Wilks) is such a waste of time and completely pointless... especially when coupled with the matter-of-fact certainty these statements are made with. 

Seriously?? What's your plan? If it's good ill respect it...let us know ? I still got likes left..

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Seriously?? What's your plan? If it's good ill respect it...let us know ? I still got likes left..

Again with the nonsense. Check out the post you just quoted where I clearly stated I don't have a favorite quite yet, based on the 3 reported names.  The fact that you can't even read the full post that you are replying to is exactly the type of crap you routinely pull and why I don't give one damn about having your respect.

4 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Again with the nonsense. Check out the post you just quoted where I clearly stated I don't have a favorite quite yet, based on the 3 reported names.  The fact that you can't even read the full post that you are replying to is exactly the type of crap you routinely pull and why I don't give one damn about having your respect.

The 3 reported names..smh.thats the problem. .

6 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

What's your plan????

15 hours ago, threeflight said:

I owned and trained race horses for 20 years.

One thing, beyond all, is key.

BREEDING TRUMPS EVERYTHING.

Yes, every once in a while you can breed a home bred mare to a $5 k claiming pacing Stallion and get a open or free for all horse.

But 99 times out of 100, if you want the true world class race horses?  You need to breed a world class mare with a world class stallion.

Sure, there will be duds, but % wise that is the best bet to getting the best of the best.

And sure, you can hire a  Frazier or a Reich.  And every once in a while you will find a Pederson.  But most of the time  You will hire a Pagano going that route.

If you want special, you cannot be afraid to pay for, and to go after it.  

Manning is special.

That is quite possibly the worst analogy you could have used. Horse breeding is all based on genetics, understanding and comprehension are not. Furthermore, you don't conclude with anything that resembles your premise. You talk about breeding the best, then go on to say you should buy the best. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Okay. Don't be a slave to your past. What's that definition of insanity again? Oh yes, doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different result. Fair enough. 

That's not the definition of insanity. It's merely a quote from Albert Einstein.

19 hours ago, Jaric said:

Why does everyone assume that because Manning was an awesome QB he's going to immediately be ready for a head coaching job?

I'd be nervous about making him an OC with zero coaching experience let alone a head coach.  Could he one day after some experience be a good coach?  Sure, he obviously knows football.  But there's so much more to being a head coach than knowing football.

I personally think Peyton Manning would make an excellent QB coach. I agree OC right out of the gate would be too fast too soon.

I think the Manning passing academy/ QB camp has certainly groomed him over the years for an eventual coaching position (whatever role that might be) if he wanted to pursue it. 

Manning's attention to detail, reading defenses, and relentless film study would benefit any QB that he were to coach. He was the master at pre snap looks, and I think he could teach QB's how to do that as well. Imagine Luck being able to read defense like Peyton did back in the day. 

Whether Manning wants to put that kind of time in, is a different story. 

Don't know how this became a Manning vs. everyone else thread.  Look, Manning wouldn't ever coach or GM for an owner that made weird, indirect comments about him.  Peyton has done the right thing coming to Indy to participate in any and all ceremonies and accepting accolades, throws no stones at Irsay publicly, but is not going to work for him, ever.  Let's be realistic with these last few coaching candidates, there is no ringer among the names we've heard.  Sign someone to a short-term contract and be done with it.  Like a probationary period.  Don't break the bank on these guys. Better candidates will surface down the road.  This is chalked up to an inexperienced GM and a weak-spined, immature, classless little Josh of a McDaniel who's father is secretly cringing right now and who he (JM) has no traits of.  A GM (Ballard) who is a capable one, but one who is cutting his teeth.

2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Don't know how this became a Manning vs. everyone else thread.  Look, Manning wouldn't ever coach or GM for an owner that made weird, indirect comments about him.  Peyton has done the right thing coming to Indy to participate in any and all ceremonies and accepting accolades, throws no stones at Irsay publicly, but is not going to work for him, ever.  Let's be realistic with these last few coaching candidates, there is no ringer among the names we've heard.  Sign someone to a short-term contract and be done with it.  Like a probationary period.  Don't break the bank on these guys. Better candidates will surface down the road.  This is chalked up to an inexperienced GM and a weak-spined, immature, classless little Josh of a McDaniel who's father is secretly cringing right now and who he (JM) has no traits of.  A GM (Ballard) who is a capable one, but one who is cutting his teeth.

Super comment !!!

4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

So are we talking Survival of the Fittest

Somewhat, eugenics is more about ensuring the passing on of desired genes and improving the genetic composition of humans through methods like selective breeding or sterilization/elimination of undesired genes.

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

What reason would irsay have to make intentionally insulting comments, either directly, back-handedly, or passive-aggressively?

I never felt the intent was there, and there is no evidence to think otherwise.

This post is only addressing the above and not any kind of defense for manning as a coach or gm.

Lets go back a month.  Lets pretend that McDaniels was never even in the picture and that Reich, Campbell, and Frazier were the 3 lead candidates being presented to the fan base.  

I don' think our first impression would be "wow, that is a great group of future NFL coaches".  None of these 3 were even in on the first round of interviews a month ago.  It seems so....random.

But that is where we are.  We have waited 6 years through the Pagano era to get to this???  This group of guys?

Not to mention, none of these 3 guys have anything in common personality and scheme wise.  Reich is cerebral and known as an Offensive guy.  Frazier is known as a calm leader with no real specialty.  Campbell is known as a rah rah guy and that is about it.  

Where is the strategy here?  What is next?  What is the imprint that you want to put onto the team?  Do you want to help Luck with a O guru or hire a cheerleader?  Do you have an idea about how you want this team to move forward or is Ballard just winging it with no real idea about what he wants?

It's mystifying.  

And even if you want to add in McDaniels......what was it he saw in him that made him so badly want him?  He couldn't see what * he is in those 2 interviews, especially since he had a bad rep from the past to go by?

It seems as if he is just throwing darts at a dart board.

Personally, I don't view these 3 as any better or any worse than the original pool of candidates. Not one of them through the whole process has excited me. McDaniels was the most intriguing simply because of his Offensive prowess and the opportunity to partner with Luck.

I

He has made 2 major mistakes so far..Going into the season with Tolzien as starter, and his head coaching search has been a complete disaster...That being said, his first draft and free agency were solid...He Definitely doesn't walk on water though like some on here think...I'm not crowning him yet..

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant answer that but my guess is McDaniels blew us away so Ballard quit interviewing people. McDaniels agreed to an offer so why interview anyone else at that point? I bet he was on Ballard's list though.

And based on McDaniels history and what he just did, we are supposed to put faith in Ballards judgement after he went after McDaniels so hard????

Was he going after McDaniels because he really thought he was the best guy?  Or was he going after him because he was blinded by the Patriots mystique and failed to see what * McDaniels  is?? 

If he couldn't see McDaniels faults..which seem so obvious.....how can we trust him to pick a good coach?  I don't know about you, but I can normally see an a hole when I meet them.

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He has made 2 major mistakes so far..Going into the season with Tolzien as starter, and his head coaching search has been a complete disaster...That being said, his first draft and free agency were solid...He Definitely doesn't walk on water though like some on here think...I'm not crowning him yet..

And those may be the 2 biggest decisions a Gm has to make.

Who is your starting QB and who is your coach.  And he has monumentally blown the initial decision for each.

Yet according to many here, he is the best GM ever.  Why?  Because he talks tough at the podium???

Cmon.

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

And based on McDaniels history and what he just did, we are supposed to put faith in Ballards judgement after he went after McDaniels so hard????

Was he going after McDaniels because he really thought he was the best guy?  Or was he going after him because he was blinded by the Patriots mystique and failed to see what * McDaniels were is?? 

If he couldn't see McDaniels faults..which seem so obvious.....how can we trust him to pick a good coach?  I don't know about you, but I can normally see an a hole when I meet them.

Ballard made a mistake no doubt but he will learn from it IMO. I like Ballard actually, lets see who he hires now and how his Draft goes before we bury him. A lot of people in the world get duped everyday. I trained someone at work a couple of months ago and thought the person was the greatest thing since sliced bread. He was a hard worker and smart, he lied on his resume so the whole company got duped. It happens.

17 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Lets go back a month.  Lets pretend that McDaniels was never even in the picture and that Reich, Campbell, and Frazier were the 3 lead candidates being presented to the fan base.  

I don' think our first impression would be "wow, that is a great group of future NFL coaches".  None of these 3 were even in on the first round of interviews a month ago.  It seems so....random.

But that is where we are.  We have waited 6 years through the Pagano era to get to this???  This group of guys?

Not to mention, none of these 3 guys have anything in common personality and scheme wise.  Reich is cerebral and known as an Offensive guy.  Frazier is known as a calm leader with no real specialty.  Campbell is known as a rah rah guy and that is about it.  

Where is the strategy here?  What is next?  What is the imprint that you want to put onto the team?  Do you want to help Luck with a O guru or hire a cheerleader?  Do you have an idea about how you want this team to move forward or is Ballard just winging it with no real idea about what he wants?

It's mystifying.  

And even if you want to add in McDaniels......what was it he saw in him that made him so badly want him?  He couldn't see what * he is in those 2 interviews, especially since he had a bad rep from the past to go by?

It seems as if he is just throwing darts at a dart board.

Is this Bojangles or Standpat?

I love it when people blindly follow a person just because they like the way the  look or the way the speak or the way they dress.  And you wonder why so many people blindly follow instagram and you tube 'celebrities'. 

Ballard has shown he can talk a good game.  But as far as walking it?  I haven't seen it.

If you were hired as a VP for xxx corp, and your first 2 major decisions were to hire someone to run your plant who had the comparative attributes that Scott Tolzein has a qb, and to then get duped publicly by a guy who wanted to hire as plant manager?

Odds are you would be fired.

22 hours ago, Andrew86 said:

I don’t know about Peyton Manning honestly as a coach but if the best you can do is Frazier, Reich and Campbell it’s not a good time to be a colts fan.  If you can honestly say any of them get you excited I think your lying to yourself. The best you can say about any of them is that they might be head coaching material. Seriously if anyone wants to make a serious argument that any of these three losers are going to make a great head coach I’d love to hear it.

Reich just helped his team win a Super Bowl. How is he a loser?