Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So.....this is THE plan? (merge)

threeflight

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Look, I get what 3Flight was driving at. Bring in Manning & see if he can use his stellar film study mastery to take our offense to another level. I'm not gonna crucify 3Flight for that or make horse breeding jokes. He's just trying to bring in a proven football genius. I get it. It won't work, but I applaud the suggestion nevertheless. 

At this point, all any of us are doing is throwing darts at a board anyway. 

Bingo.  I am bringing up Manning just as an example.

THINK outside the box.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is is worse 

I'm not sure I follow you my friend. Do you mean that this franchise needs to move on from our Manning past or that our  game plan moving forward as an organization needs to be through, well researched, & deliberate so we find the right coach for our team's future? 

I'm just seeking clarification. Thank you. 

Just now, southwest1 said:

I'm not sure I follow you my friend. Do you mean that this franchise needs to move on from our Manning past or that our  game plan moving forward as an organization needs to be through, well researched, & deliberate so we find the right coach for our team's future? 

I'm just seeking clarification. Thank you. 

Both 

You can never achieve anything if you only look at the past

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Both 

You can never achieve anything if you only look at the past

Okay. Don't be a slave to your past. What's that definition of insanity again? Oh yes, doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different result. Fair enough. 

The strange thing is that the Browns changed things up with their money ball baseball approach & they can still barely win a regular season game. Go figure. Not a reflection of Hue Jackson at all. A sharp QB guru who can't win in Cleveland. 

Thanks for clearing up my ambiguity. Appreciate it. 

6 hours ago, threeflight said:

So you thought it was par for the course to be hiring assistant coaches before Josh signed on the dotted line?

You thought it was par for the course to announce his hiring before he signed on the dotted line?

The fact is, Ballard got cocky.  He thought "who wouldn't want to work for me and the Colts.  It's a done deal...who cares about a signed contract.  There is no way he would stiff me".

Believe me, Ballard handled that terribly.  Not blaming him for what Josh did, but I do blame him for the aftermath.

No.  I think the Colts GM believed he was dealing with honorable men.  He wasn't.  Lesson learned.  No further carping, whining or trolling required.

3 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

No.  I think the Colts GM believed he was dealing with honorable men.  He wasn't.  Lesson learned.  No further carping, whining or trolling required.

As good as Ballard is in front of the camera that doesn't win football games, he is in a tough situation and royally messed up..js

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Steve Wilks should be the Head Coach of Indianapolis Colts. .If you don't see it Im sorry..Now we r in scramble mode ...Not ideal.Falls on 1 man's feet...

Man, I was really interested in Steve Wilks too! I hated that he withdrew his name during the first round of interviews. It was rumored back then that we were looking for an offensive minded coach - ie JM. 

But if Ballard changed his mind, I’d love for him to get a shot at an interview. 

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

So, if Reich is hired (and that would be a good hire)...Really, only 2-3 days are lost -- if he's happy with the asst. hires.

That's the narrative. ..If ithappens I will still hope for the best..Reich will always be there though..At least look and court a few thoroughbreds first..All I'm saying...Reich could very well be that guy with right opportunity. .

2 minutes ago, mds said:

Man, I was really interested in Steve Wilks too! I hated that he withdrew his name during the first round of interviews. It was rumored back then that we were looking for an offensive minded coach - ie JM. 

But if Ballard changed his mind, I’d love for him to get a shot at an interview. 

He is the real deal,  but he is gone..

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Steve Wilks should be the Head Coach of Indianapolis Colts. .If you don't see it Im sorry..Now we r in scramble mode ...Not ideal.Falls on 1 man's feet...

After the season ended I wanted Jim Harbaugh, after that said Nagy in our Poll, then McDaniels unfortunately, but did mention Wilks and Reich. That was my top choices. If we get Reich I will be thrilled after this crap.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After the season ended I wanted Jim Harbaugh, after that said Nagy in our Poll, then McDaniels unfortunately, but did mention Wilks and Reich. That was my top choices. If we get Reich I will be thrilled after this crap.

If you are telling me Toub and Frazier are only other options that's sad...Reich will be there,  at least try and get a beast..Reich is the safe option 8 guy..

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I would roll with Reich over Toub easily, Toub may be ok? Frazier = Pagano IMO.

Yep..Try and hit the homerun..Settle for the safe double if it doesn't work out..No Fraziers or Campbell's,  that's sad tbh..Reich will sign that contact quick..

8 hours ago, threeflight said:

I think Ballard has potential to be  a really good GM.  He is a smart guy.

But..........I am sensing a weakness in him.  He is secretly a very cocky guy.  He likes to humble brag big time.  I think he THINKS he is smarter and better than he really is.  

This led to the McDaniels fiasco.

He's secretly a very cocky guy? Lol. How on Earth could you possibly know this? I don't think you should be proclaiming you think someone else thinks they're smarter and better than they really are when you came up with the cockamamie idea to bring Manning in as an apprentice for a year as a teacher/coach. I have a better chance of coaching the Colts than that idea has of happening.

26 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Why? Wilks is just as risky as any head coach that's been hired this offseason.

2 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

He's secretly a very cocky guy? Lol. How on Earth could you possibly know this? I don't think you should be proclaiming you think someone else thinks they're smarter and better than they really are when you came up with the cockamamie idea to bring Manning in as an apprentice for a year as a teacher/coach. I have a better chance of coaching the Colts than that idea has of happening.

No excuse for not having a big dog in here..McDaniels wasn't it either, we dodged a bullet..Now is the time to go in guns blazin..

8 hours ago, threeflight said:

I would rather take a chance with a guy like a Manning, knowing if it works it is really going to work, then to probably know I am getting average with a Frazier or a Reich or a Campbell.

We just had average with Chuck.  

Manning isn't ever going to coach in the NFL. Period. So your 97 posts on him as a coach are a waste of time.

7 hours ago, threeflight said:

I always get a kick out of people that will 100% support the company line no matter what.  No matter how bad things are, it is always pro xxx and anyone who disagrees is an *.

I see that a lot with the far pro left movement in this country as well.

I really see it a lot in stock trading.  I do that for a living and it amazes me how many times I see people supporting a stock and/or company regardless of how much money they are losing or getting fleeced.  

The fact is that Ballard screwed this up, with some help from McDaniels of course.  But we all knew who Josh was.

Now we are in February trying to get guys like Leslie Frazier.

Do you stock trade and breed horses at the same time? Or maybe stock horses and breed stock?

8 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

Just to make sure I have this straight, you're saying Wilks is going to be a "legend" based on a YouTube video?

Based on his resume, disposition, and yeah youtube..Why will Reich be 1? Or whoever you want? Im all ears..

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Based on his resume, disposition, and yeah youtube..Why will Reich be 1? Or whoever you want? Im all ears..

I never said Reich will be a legend. I just think it's ludicrous to say Wilks will be one. Is it possible? Sure, but you have absolutely no evidence to show he has any better chance to be a legend than Nagy, Patricia, Shurmur, Vrabel or any of the candidates the Colts are considering.

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Hire Reich right?  What nonsense? What should do ?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who do you want as Coach smart guy? Cant wait to hear your answer since you are smarter than everyone here.

This whole thread is ridiculous. There's actually a post in here that says we should hire based on breeding.... We're talking about humans being qualified because of breeding. Ridiculous.

JShipp demands that everyone who disagrees with him, in every ridiculous thread he creates, explain their reasons to him, which is fair enough I guess even though most of the over the top comments he makes are easy enough to spot where the disagreement comes from. But whenever someone asks him why he thinks that way or what could possibly make his idea seem rational to him, he comes back with "just look at him, he'll be a legend" :lol: Like I said, I can always count on a solid core of posters here to bring the nonsense. 

2006, I don't know that I have a favorite selected yet. Unfortunately I was hitched to that McDaniels wagon, after finally coming around on him. I know that I won't be throwing any temper tantrums if my favorite guy, once I figure that out, isn't chosen though. If I had to choose from the 3 names reported, I probably would lean Reich at this moment, but that's subject to change.   We all know this situation isn't ideal, because it would be much better to have gotten McDaniels rejection notice in a respectable time frame, but that's not the reality we live in. Whining about not hiring coaches that are either completely unqualified (Manning), HIGHLY unlikely (Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer, etc), or already hired (Wilks) is such a waste of time and completely pointless... especially when coupled with the matter-of-fact certainty these statements are made with. 

5 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

This whole thread is ridiculous. There's actually a post in here that says we should hire based on breeding.... We're talking about humans being qualified because of breeding. Ridiculous.

JShipp demands that everyone who disagrees with him, in every ridiculous thread he creates, explain their reasons to him, which is fair enough I guess even though most of the over the top comments he makes are easy enough to spot where the disagreement comes from. But whenever someone asks him why he thinks that way or what could possibly make his idea seem rational to him, he comes back with "just look at him, he'll be a legend" :lol: Like I said, I can always count on a solid core of posters here to bring the nonsense. 

2006, I don't know that I have a favorite selected yet. Unfortunately I was hitched to that McDaniels wagon, after finally coming around on him. I know that I won't be throwing any temper tantrums if my favorite guy, once I figure that out, isn't chosen though. If I had to choose from the 3 names reported, I probably would lean Reich at this moment, but that's subject to change.   We all know this situation isn't ideal, because it would be much better to have gotten McDaniels rejection notice in a respectable time frame, but that's not the reality we live in. Whining about not hiring coaches that are either completely unqualified (Manning), HIGHLY unlikely (Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer, etc), or already hired (Wilks) is such a waste of time and completely pointless... especially when coupled with the matter-of-fact certainty these statements are made with. 

I like Reich and can live with it, I apologize for coming off like a tough guy IE Grigson haha.  I just do that sometimes to try and get a straight answer out of someone. Your Post is a good one and you made your point. I love Harbaugh but being feasible I would roll with Reich.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Reich and can live with it, I apologize for coming off like a tough guy IE Grigson haha.  I just do that sometimes to try and get a straight answer out of someone. Your Post is a good one and you made your point. I love Harbaugh but being feasible I would roll with Reich.

I would roll with him,  but ill look for secretariat, seabiscuit, or sunday silence 1st..