Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So.....this is THE plan? (merge)

threeflight

10 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Uhhhh yeah..Same way you would..

Ā 

So.....

Ā 

You read a few articles... Ā  looked at a little video tape and determined all that? Ā Ā 

Ā 

He showed knowledge of the game, Ā presence and charisma....

Ā 

Gee... Ā  Ā to think Chris Ballard wasted all that time doing interviews. Ā  Ā Each interview lasts roughly 5-10 hours.

Ā 

Chris Ballard could've gone on line, Ā done probably 30 minutes of research on each candidate, Ā  skipped all the interviews, Ā  and picked a winner of a HC.

Ā 

This might be the new wave the starts a ground breaking trend!

Ā 

Holy cow......... Ā  Ā Ā :facepalm:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now just why wouldĀ either one of us feel dumb? What you have to keep in mind we are just fans. We have no control over what goes onĀ with any part of the team. Opinions are just opinions and are not facts. ThereĀ are way too many variables to anticipate if a team can be good or bad. That's the NFL. Bottom teams can be top teams in as little as one season. The Colts have proved that. We went from 2-14 to 11-5 in one season. That was with a rookie head coach. To say ahead of time the Colts are going to be losers next season is way too pre mature no matter who the head coach is.

Ā 

That'sĀ just my point though. Ā I don't believe as you do that it's too early to say this is a complete disaster and the team are losers. You are saying it is too early. Ā One of us is going to be right in about 10Ā months and one is going to be wrong. I hope I am wrong but my opinion is the Colts are a dumpster fire that's going to be revealed for what they are next season.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:01 PM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Peyton needs to start as a QB coach first, maybe OC if you feel adventurous. HC would be crazy, Peyton would never entertain that idea.Ā 

Let's be honest,Ā Ā Manning has already been an OC....

4 hours ago, Andrew86 said:

Ā 

That'sĀ just my point though. Ā I don't believe as you do that it's too early to say this is a complete disaster and the team are losers. You are saying it is too early. Ā One of us is going to be right in about 10Ā months and one is going to be wrong. I hope I am wrong but my opinion is the Colts are a dumpster fire that's going to be revealed for what they are next season.

It seems you are more concerned who is right or wrong. Geez.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ā 

So.....

Ā 

You read a few articles... Ā  looked at a little video tape and determined all that? Ā Ā 

Ā 

He showed knowledge of the game, Ā presence and charisma....

Ā 

Gee... Ā  Ā to think Chris Ballard wasted all that time doing interviews. Ā  Ā Each interview lasts roughly 5-10 hours.

Ā 

Chris Ballard could've gone on line, Ā done probably 30 minutes of research on each candidate, Ā  skipped all the interviews, Ā  and picked a winner of a HC.

Ā 

This might be the new wave the starts a ground breaking trend!

Ā 

Holy cow......... Ā  Ā Ā :facepalm:

Really??? I didn't know that..Thank you for informing me..smh..Wilks actually knew Ballard was all in on McDaniels and wasn't gonna do a token interview when he knew he was better, that's why he pulled out..Let's see how Cardinals do next few years..

18 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

Ā 

Guys, jshipp watched a YouTube video of Wilks......that's how he knows he'll be a "legend."

SoĀ I have conviction in my viewpoints, and don't play follow the leader on here..Based on what I watched and read, yes, I think Wilks has potential to be great...He has Tomlin like charisma and presence, and if you ACTUALLY listen to him, I've never heard a coach more precisely convey x's and o's and schematics in a press conference than the way he does, I think he will he will be very adeptĀ at teaching and developing players...He impresses me..If that bothers you I'm sorry..smh

Former quarterbacks as head coaches. There are twenty-six QB's in the pre-modern era Hall of Fame. Otto Graham was HC for the Redskins for three years and failed to build a winning record and was run out of town. Bart Starr tried it with the Packers and that did not work out either. As far as I recall that is it for H of FĀ QBs as head coaches. Throwing a pigskin and managing players are worlds apart. I believe Manning is way too smart to even contemplate coaching anywhere in the pros. Coaching today's multimillionaire media stars is different from the games years back.Ā Ā Maybe he would consider a QB coaches job atĀ  University of Tennessee but I doubt that as well.

25 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Former quarterbacks as head coaches. There are twenty-six QB's in the pre-modern era Hall of Fame. Otto Graham was HC for the Redskins for three years and failed to build a winning record and was run out of town. Bart Starr tried it with the Packers and that did not work out either. As far as I recall that is it for H of FĀ QBs as head coaches. Throwing a pigskin and managing players are worlds apart. I believe Manning is way too smart to even contemplate coaching anywhere in the pros. Coaching today's multimillionaire media stars is different from the games years back.Ā Ā Maybe he would consider a QB coaches job atĀ  University of Tennessee but I doubt that as well.

Doug Pederson and Jason Garrett were former backup QBs who have had some success recently so the precedent is there that it can work out...

40 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Doug Pederson and Jason Garrett were former backup QBs who have had some success recently so the precedent is there that it can work out...

Ā 

Gary Kubiak was aĀ backup QB also. But these people did not builtĀ legacy as players.Ā Manning did. Anything less than winning Superbowl(s) as HC would hurt his legacy. He won't risk it.

8 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Ā 

Gary Kubiak was aĀ backup QB also. But these people did not builtĀ legacy as players.Ā Manning did. Anything less than winning Superbowl(s) as HC would hurt his legacy. He won't risk it.

Probably right..He always struck me as a guy who loved the game and the film study preparation part..I always thought and hoped he would want to stay involved coaching wise or management..I think he would be an incredible OC/HC if he decided to..So far he has stayed away..I think it's possible he gets the itch to come back and compete and grind again..Too early to say one way or the other..

There is no plan for this. We're in desperation mode trying to save our season before it even begins. I'm sorry, but we are not in a good place right now and as much as I appreciate Ballard's tough guy persona about this whole coaching search situation, we needed McDaniels. Campbell, Reich, and frazer are no better then pagano.

14 hours ago, King Colt said:

That's a huge huge sample size you have there.

18 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Probably right..He always struck me as a guy who loved the game and the film study preparation part..I always thought and hoped he would want to stay involved coaching wise or management..I think he would be an incredible OC/HC if he decided to..So far he has stayed away..I think it's possible he gets the itch to come back and compete and grind again..Too early to say one way or the other..

i wont be surprised if he comes back in some capacity, but i doubt its head coach.Ā  cant see OC even being on the table

21 hours ago, ad24rouse said:

Ā 

Guys, jshipp watched a YouTube video of Wilks......that's how he knows he'll be a "legend."

And how do most on here arrive at THEIR OPINIONS?.... Wikipedia? BleacherReport?Ā  PFF? Various writers articles/blogs? Other internet sources?

Ā 

We sure Don't know everything there is to know by watching the 4 games a week that are broadcast. Lol

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

And how do most on here arrive at THEIR OPINIONS?.... Wikipedia? BleacherReport?Ā  PFF? Various writers articles/blogs? Other internet sources?

Ā 

We sure Don't know everything there is to know by watching the 4 games a week that are broadcast. Lol

Ā 

LOUD NOISES! I'm honestly not sure what your point is. My point in mocking jshipp is that he/she said Wilks will be a legend based off a YouTube video, which is ridiculous. He hadn't even heard of him before the coaching search started, yet he's able to proclaim this guy a legend over the other newly hired coaches because he apparently sounded good in TV interview.

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

There is no plan for this. We're in desperation mode trying to save our season before it even begins. I'm sorry, but we are not in a good place right now and as much as I appreciate Ballard's tough guy persona about this whole coaching search situation, we needed McDaniels. Campbell, Reich, and frazer are no better then pagano.

Well I think if the new coach took us to three straight 11-5 seasons and to the AFC championship game his fist three seasons it would be OK.