Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's official Josh McDaniels is the new Coach of the Indianapolis Colts

Fisticuffs111

Just now, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

It is an embarrassment to me that our franchise (Grigson was our franchise's representative) would even make the call. Do we really think that deflated footballs played any part of the thrashing we took that day? And please spare me the letter of the law garbage that he should have made the call. It made our franchise look like petty sore losers. Granted we had no control over how the media handled the situation but I contend the situation should have never happened to begin with. 

I think Baltimore had tipped us off before the game that they thought NE was tampering with the balls. Now don't get me wrong...I think it should have been a minor rules violation because they let these qbs manipulate the balls all week long scuffing them up and practicing with them. Do I think they should be within the limits...yes..but I think a fine would have sufficed. Goodell made the big deal out of it....and most likely at the urging of the other OWNERS....not just us or the fans. Then the cover up...the destroying of evidence...not making witnesses available....so on and on. We all know mothers saying....the lying to cover up the crime is worse then the crime itself. In the end it was way over the top. What should have been an equipment violation and fine and warning that any future violations would result in loss of picks etc...then that should have been it. That said...Colts take way more blame then they should. And yes...it's a political type tactic...where somehow the guilty party turns it around on those that report it like they did something wrong. It gets the attention off of where it belongs. In the end its done and over and everyone has moved on.....there is virtually nobody left in the organization that was here for that outside Irsay basically. It was clear with the video cheating in Denver and the attitude etc that McDaniels was trying to bring that same culture etc from NE to Denver....hopefully he has learned to leave the negative stuff back there...and just bring the core values of hard work, do your job, prepare like a champion and that innovative offensive mind with him. One of my favorite Bobby Knight quotes applies to Josh coming in. "The key is not the 'will to win'...everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important." 

All the work in practice and preparing for those moments in the game...attention to detail...that is what he needs to bring with him.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

thumb.thumb.jpg.e97755c3877e99a84ee2478ec2c69e80.jpg

I didn't expect to find this so funny but I did. The last thing I expected to see Well played Barry! 

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Same here. Very happy with these two, and am looking forward to FA, the draft, and the future. If Luck is fully healthy next season, the sky is the limit.

Love your excitement & optimism Jared. It's very contagious.

1 hour ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Congratulations to my Colts' fan friends.  I think that Josh has matured significantly since he was with the Broncos.  He was arrogant and made a lot of mistakes.  You will benefit from the lessons he learned in that process (assuming he did).  I think Andrew will significantly benefit from this choice.  

Hey there GAFT, 

Thanks so much for your support of our new regime. I hope to see you dropping your wisdom on here more often. Welcome back! 

I wanna see the first McDaniels press conference. #Pumped. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Why should we

Because it ultimately started a chain reaction of events that set the franchise back at least 2 seasons. Things are finally starting to trend positively now, but the last 3 seasons were awful for this team, and a lot of that stemmed directly from the Deflategate game. 

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Because it ultimately started a chain reaction of events that set the franchise back at least 2 seasons. Things are finally starting to trend positively now, but the last 3 seasons were awful for this team, and a lot of that stemmed directly from the Deflategate game. 

One call to he NFL did not cause that, the ineptness of RG and CP and injuries did that

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I didn't expect to see this so funny but I did. Well played Barry! 

Love your excitement & optimism Jared. It's very contagious.

Hey there GAFT, 

Thanks so much for your support of our new regime. I hope to see you dropping your wisdom on here more often. Welcome back! 

I wanna see the first McDaniels press conference. #Pumped. 

I went a step further...

josh-mcdaniels-123014-getty-ftr-usjpg_6mge3z3n4t1c1x620zw04ahma.thumb.jpg.12a9faefe0ebe787db28dc06f79d75af.jpg

4 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I think it would be safe to see this as a 

+ sign for Luck, but still, I’m going to remain as cautiously optimistic as possible. 

Yeah I agree. I reckon luck has progressed well beyond what the latest reporting was and so Mcdaniels had a good idea a few weeks ago that he should be ok.

Haven't commented on this site for.. obviously 5 years according to my profile name.

With that being said, I am most optimistic of the direction this organization is heading since about 2007... I am curious to know what this forum's general expectations are for the tenure of McDaniels, if things are to go very well. In other words, IF he and Ballard click on all levels, Andrew comes back full speed and plays exceptional like we all know he can, and the pieces continue to be put together properly, how long do you expect McDaniels to ride this train? If he successfully wins a Superbowl or two and firmly makes his mark in Indianapolis, how long do you expect him to remain here, being that he is 41 years young and has worked under a man working well into his 60s.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

colts-35.png  Colts | Jerry Schuplinski expected to Colts    Tue Feb 6, 12:01 PM

New England Patriots assistant quarterbacks coach Jerry Schuplinski is expected to join the Indianapolis Colts, according to a source.

Link to story

I heard this morning on radio that OShea will be his OC in Indy-rumor only

2 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

With the news/rumor that McDaniels is bringing a couple of Pat's assistant coaches with him, all I can think of is the scene towards the end of the movie The Jerk, where Steve Martin is saying 'all I need is...' and grabbing more and more items.  It's like he kept taking coaches until Belichick growled at him.

8be6d5ab-b720-446d-b353-06fab918aa14_tex

One of my fav movies all time. Remember Mountain Dew coming out of my nose I was laughing so hard. 

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

So, Grigson reporting a rules violation caused Luck to get injured?

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Deflategate had no bearing on the downward spiral of this team.   Lucks injury and Grigson being terrible did. 

3 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

There really is no need for me to continue to argue my point. I felt it was petty and beneath us to worry about something so insignificant. It's obvious you feel otherwise. Agree to disagree. I'm excited about our new coach and where our franchise is heading.

Grigson made a phone call to have something he thought was a violation of the rules.

All the other media blow up and the Patriots and Brady's reaction is what made it what it turned out to be, not the Colts.

My only point was directly to you telling you that there was no need for you to be embarrassed.

Yes I am excited for the Colts just like all the fans are but I will be reserved about it because I been around long enough to see total changes in staff back fire also. Keeping my finger crossed for sure.

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

In what way could it possibly be connected?

The team made almost all of their decisions in the offseason based directly on the outcome of the Deflategate game. We decided we were in "win now mode," so instead of focusing on putting a solid OL in front of Luck, & building from the inside out, we ended up with Philip Dorsett, Clayton Geathers, & Henry Anderson from that draft class, along with the bonkers free agency period from that year that netted Andre Johnson, Trent Cole, Todd Herremans, & Frank Gore. And as a result of that shortsighted thinking, based on a "win-now" mentality, we were terrible, & Luck was injured in week 3.

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

I went a step further...

josh-mcdaniels-123014-getty-ftr-usjpg_6mge3z3n4t1c1x620zw04ahma.thumb.jpg.12a9faefe0ebe787db28dc06f79d75af.jpg

Yeah, I knew what the visor meant. Josh actually looks good in that style of hat. I couldn't pull that look off, but he sure can. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Eyes Wide Open!

Every move you make...
Every bond you break ...
Every step you take...

So, you're a Police fan eh? Or does that mean you want Josh under constant supervision BlueShoe? All kidding aside, I understand that trust must be earned. It is not automatically given blindly. Fair enough.

Josh will be fine. The only thing I want "Wrapped Around Your Finger" or his really in a SB ring by year 4 of his tenure here. Hopefully sooner, but I can be patient. 

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

Amazing how quickly Pats haters welcome Pats personnel in to their homes! Oh well, so much for integrity. Don't think "Win Now" is anywhere in the coming season. This is a rebuilding process, the key word is process. Settle down.

Below from the Stampede Blue site -

"He will not be afforded a ton of latitude, however, if he doesn’t begin to at least produce some results within a reasonable time frame. His first season will likely feature similar expectations to that of Ballard himself; create a respectable locker room, show that player development is attainable and do what he says he’s going to do.

Those may seem like minimal expectations, but Colts fans are also a fairly realistic bunch. There’s a realization that “Super Bowl or bust” will not be the motto in his first season at the helm, but make no mistake about it, McDaniels is here to get the Colts back in to contention for a championship inside of his first contract."

I'm sorry did I miss something? Did Josh McDaniels burn down your house, blow up your car, send inappropriate emails to your coworkers prompting a suspension at your  work place? Lighten up KC. You can hate the Patriots if you want to, but don't you think you're being a tad bit melodramatic? 

And what's the deal with this "settle down" business too? Seriously sir, no one is being unreasonable here. Would you prefer INDY fans to tar & feather Josh before he's coached his 1st game at LOS? 

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Integrity?? What the heck are you talking about?

Exactly Jvan exactly. 

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Also, on NFL Network Mike Garafolo confirmed McDaniels will call his own plays. Shocker.

Just caught that too, and I'm really glad about that. I hope they can develop that Walsh/Montana type of relationship/chemistry. That's what I've wanted all along for Andrew, because the source of the offense will be from McDaniels and it wouldnt be too detrimental should OCs come and go due to getting hired away, or whatever. It should stay somewhat consistent.