Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stitches

Colts interview requests and confirmations (merge)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

He didn't come to mind at first, but I would agree, is Bostic still under contract, he might be another guy or Simon, although both were hurt. Maybe Woods a little bit? 

I think sometimes we mistake leaders for best players.  While best players are often leaders that’s not always the case.  To me the leader is the guy when the team is struggling who pulls the team together before a key fourth down and says I don’t care what’s been going on we are making this play and the guys believe it.  

 

I thought Reggie Wayne was the leader on offense after Peyton left and since Reggie has been gone they have never replaced that. Don’t get me wrong I think Luck is a leader but the QB spot is sorta unique in that they have to be a leader no matter what.  I think you need another guy on offense who buys into what the QB is saying and leads the guys in following if that makes sense.  I am not sure if the Colts have that right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Not sure  why Pat Schirmer isnt on the list yet?

They are trying to keep the search internal.  I don’t think we’ll hear all the names involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I wish they would interview Mike Munchak

Goodness why? maybe for OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, krunk said:

I can believe in Mcdaniels from an Xs and Os standpoint.  Especially with a strong QB like he'd get with Luck.   Not sure that I'd copy that exact same system they've used with Tom Brady because I believe they are two different QB.   Mcdaniels is not my choice but I do believe he's competent football wise.  It's the personal relationships I have pause about.

What’s his system even like though? Seems like B.B. is the mastermind there. People seem to think McDaniels=The Pats Offensive System. I don’t think that’s the case though. And I also don’t get all the “he learned from his time in Denver” talk. How? Based on what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think sometimes we mistake leaders for best players.  While best players are often leaders that’s not always the case.  To me the leader is the guy when the team is struggling who pulls the team together before a key fourth down and says I don’t care what’s been going on we are making this play and the guys believe it.  

 

I thought Reggie Wayne was the leader on offense after Peyton left and since Reggie has been gone they have never replaced that. Don’t get me wrong I think Luck is a leader but the QB spot is sorta unique in that they have to be a leader no matter what.  I think you need another guy on offense who buys into what the QB is saying and leads the guys in following if that makes sense.  I am not sure if the Colts have that right now.

Agree thats why we missed Reggie off the field as well as on. I Think AC has to step up maybe Doyle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

 

I think Bilicheck/Brady make him look a lot better than what he really is. 

Anyway can be OC for Pats u saying as along as Bill/Tom run it? Perhaps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

What’s his system even like though? Seems like B.B. is the mastermind there. People seem to think McDaniels=The Pats Offensive System. I don’t think that’s the case though. And I also don’t get all the “he learned from his time in Denver” talk. How? Based on what? 

Learned time in Denver, there is an article on here that was good. Scroll back you can find it. McDaniels is the OC. B.B is more of a defensive mind. McDaniels IMO is a guy who likes the short rhythmic passing game limiting QB hits and sprinkling in runs and taking periodic shots long, while controlling the clock. A system which makes it hard on defenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

What’s his system even like though? Seems like B.B. is the mastermind there. People seem to think McDaniels=The Pats Offensive System. I don’t think that’s the case though. And I also don’t get all the “he learned from his time in Denver” talk. How? Based on what? 

Only time will tell whether he learned or not.   That will also have to be sorted out in his interview(s).    I'm sure whatever system he would implement would definitely have some carry over from what they've been doing in NE for quite some time.   I just think it shouldn't be a carbon copy.   I'm not sure whether it's his sytem or Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I hired Vrabel in madden one time. 

 

We went 16-0 and won the super bowl until the salary cap bug made it impossible to continue. 

 

Just sayin. 

Good enough for me - Madden is no different than any computer model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, krunk said:

Only time will tell whether he learned or not.   That will also have to be sorted out in his interview(s).    I'm sure whatever system he would implement would definitely have some carry over from what they've been doing in NE for quite some time.   I just think it shouldn't be a carbon copy.   I'm not sure whether it's his sytem or Bills.

I guess we’ll see because one way or another, I think he’s going to be a HC this year. I’m not saying he won’t suceed. I just think there are too many assumptions about him that aren’t backed up with any sensible evidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I guess we’ll see because one way or another, I think he’s going to be a HC this year. I’m not saying he won’t suceed. I just think there are too many assumptions about him that aren’t backed up with any sensible evidence. 

I think Bill may have taught or definitely ironed out that offensive system because they've been running virtually the same stuff ever since Charlie Weis in my opinion. Different varients of the same system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think Bill may have taught or definitely ironed out that offensive system because they've been running virtually the same stuff ever since Charlie Weis in my opinion. Different varients of the same system.

 

Did he ever worked on the offensive side of the ball as a coach? If I recall it correctly, he didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PickledColt said:

Personally, I like the idea of hiring McDaniels. The main thing though is will the new coach lead us to victories. Let's face it that's what it all comes down to.

He failed once. Try someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger said:

Good enough for me - Madden is no different than any computer model. 

Good idea make a decision based on a game. Wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Agree thats why we missed Reggie off the field as well as on. I Think AC has to step up maybe Doyle?

I think AC should be that guy.  He’s been here the longest but he doesn’t strike me as that kind of personality.  I thibk Gore was that guy but I don’t think he will be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think AC should be that guy.  He’s been here the longest but he doesn’t strike me as that kind of personality.  I thibk Gore was that guy but I don’t think he will be back.

Agree  I think AC is going to have to now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, relkins said:

He failed once. Try someone else.

Nobody would be hire then as NFL is a rehash league. More so in the past then now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Bill may have taught or definitely ironed out that offensive system because they've been running virtually the same stuff ever since Charlie Weis in my opinion. Different varients of the same system.

 

Belichick hired Weis in 2000 when he took the job. Weis installed his offense and ran it until he left in 2005. McDaniels joined the staff in 2001. He eventually became the QB coach, and worked directly with Brady, under Weis. McDaniels took over offensive play calling in 2005, and was named the OC/QB coach in 2006, until he left in 2009.

 

No question Belichick knows the system, but the succession plan is why the offense has endured all these years through three different coordinators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Belichick hired Weis in 2000 when he took the job. Weis installed his offense and ran it until he left in 2005. McDaniels joined the staff in 2001. He eventually became the QB coach, and worked directly with Brady, under Weis. McDaniels took over offensive play calling in 2005, and was named the OC/QB coach in 2006, until he left in 2009.

 

No question Belichick knows the system, but the succession plan is why the offense has endured all these years through three different coordinators.

All in house guys it seems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, krunk said:

All in house guys it seems

 

Always. O'Brien was a recent addition before he became the OC, but he came from Duke, where David Cutliffe runs the same offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a good video introduction to Seahawks DC Kris Richard, who we are interviewing for the job. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's a good video introduction to Seahawks DC Kris Richard, who we are interviewing for the job. 

 

 

Energy!!!! Love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's a good video introduction to Seahawks DC Kris Richard, who we are interviewing for the job. 

 

 

 

I like his personality. He's definitely a leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sincerely hope we get an offensive minded HC or Toub. Richards from Seattle looks like a good candidate but I'd rather have someone who can transform our offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Josh McDaniels’ first head coaching interview will be Thursday with the #Colts, source said. Most coveted candidate in this cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McDaniels interviewing with us this Thursday.  I thought it would be this week before they started practicing next week.  Then I believe we would have to wait until they finished their season.  Will be interesting to see if he gets a few more in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's a good video introduction to Seahawks DC Kris Richard, who we are interviewing for the job. 

 

 

We need this I hope we hire him or one of the two guys from the chiefs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's hoping things good well with mcdaniels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aaron11 said:

thats up to luck now.  

Castonzo brought that up on the radio today.  Players have held each other accountable, but it was Luck who got on guys in a more immediate way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

We need this I hope we hire him or one of the two guys from the chiefs

That was easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Nobody would be hire then as NFL is a rehash league. More so in the past then now.

Look at who is on list. One with HC background

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, relkins said:

Look at who is on list. One with HC background

So you're saying that we should hire someone that has zero experience as our HC, because they haven't failed as a HC? That's insane... Either way it's a gamble and at the end of the day, you hire the guy you think would be the best HC for your team. Having HC experience, failing, learning from it, and trying again is actually one of the best scenarios you could ask for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2018 at 11:59 AM, Superman said:

 

Just to nitpick, the rule requires interviewing a minority candidate. Doesn't have to be AA candidate. Ron Rivera was a Rooney Rule interviewee a few times.

 

Is McDaniels a minority guy ? Just kidding as we all know he's not. If he were , the Colts could just do the Thursday interview and announce it when NE's season was over. I give it like 80% McDaniels and a 20% chance its Richard or Nagy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was Mr Ballard I would go either Frank Reich or Dave Toub. Both have good experience and seem to know how to build tough football players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His stint in Denver he was one of the youngest HC who first year went 8-8, second year 3-13. So I wouldn't call that a fail. Especially knowing who his qb's were in Denver 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...