Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interview requests and confirmations (merge)

stitches

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

One year at OC unless I'm mistaken

10 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I am not sure why the comparison with Pagano, but I also would like many others over him.

Pagano called the D plays for the Ravens for a year.  Nagy has never called plays period.  Andy Reid is the play caller.

Less than a year for Nagy, about two months, IIRC. Definitely a concern for me, but his profile is different than Pagano's. And while I prefer to see a guy with a lot of play calling experience, that's not the be-all / end-all. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Superman said:

Less than a year for Nagy, about two months, IIRC. Definitely a concern for me, but his profile is different than Pagano's. And while I prefer to see a guy with a lot of play calling experience, that's not the be-all / end-all. 

Not going to argue on that as everyone has preference and opinion.  Personally I would take someone with play calling experience or just a lot of experience over someone with little to none of either.

47 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I am not sure why the comparison with Pagano, but I also would like many others over him.

Pagano called the D plays for the Ravens for a year.  Nagy has never called plays period.  Andy Reid is the play caller.

Reid turned it over to Nagy when the chiefs were going throw there losing streak

46 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Correct, but when Andy Reid says that Matt Nagy is the best head coaching prospect he’s ever had, you kinda pay attention. :)

Glowing recommendation I'll admit, but the lack of experience worries me. 

7 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Just listening to JMV talk with Bob Kravitz just now. JMV said McDaniels is at the top of the Colts list, but ultimately thinks he takes another job or stays put and the Colts will hire Toub.

jmv is kinda football dumb

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Just listening to JMV talk with Bob Kravitz just now. JMV said McDaniels is at the top of the Colts list, but ultimately thinks he takes another job or stays put and the Colts will hire Toub.

Makes no sense the colts are easily the best open job plus he has agreed to meet with us he is obviously interested and there is also the rumor that we are at the top of his list too 

6 hours ago, stitches said:

This sounds like a very good outcome for our coaching and coordinator spots. 

Toub-Pettine-DeFilippo+keeping MacMahon would be a pretty good result of our search IMO. 

The problem with DeFilippo is he 's getting HC interviews already. If he did come to Indy as an OC it might be a very short stay.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He's generally been very plugged in to what goes on in that building over the past several years.

I listen to him when he has inside info, but when it's his opinion....I tune him out.

15 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yeah JMV sounds pretty convinced that it'll be Toub.

7 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

So JMV thinks he's going to take three interviews and either stay put or choose the Giants or Bears over the Colts.  That's assuming all three teams want to hire him.  I find that hard to believe.  What's easier to believe is that Toub or Nagy is at the top of his list and his interview tomorrow will have to be pretty impressive for him to leap frog them both. Big interview for him tomorrow.  I'm still leaning Nagy or Toub.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So JMV thinks he's going to take three interviews and either stay put or choose the Giants or Bears over the Colts.  That's assuming all three teams want to hire him.  I find that hard to believe.  What's easier to believe is that Toub or Nagy is at the top of his list and his interview tomorrow will have to be pretty impressive for him to leap frog them both. Big interview for him tomorrow.  I'm still leaning Nagy or Toub.

I don't think it's too hard to believe that with the uncertainty of Luck, that this position may not be as attractive as some people think it is. 

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I have to admit that does concern me a little bit as well, but ultimately I still trust Ballard's judgment until he gives me a reason not to.

I will too it's just annoying every one is on the Toub bandwagon cause he's Ballard buddy

Honestly if we get anyone from KC I hope it's Nagy and not Toub we need an offensive minded HC plus I want a young fiery coach 

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I will too it's just annoying every one is on the Toub bandwagon cause he's Ballard buddy

Honestly if we get anyone from KC I hope it's Nagy and not Toub we need an offensive minded HC plus I want a young fiery coach 

I'm keeping an open mind about it because a lot of those same people know a lot more about football than I do, but yeah, Toub's like my 3rd or 4th candidate on that list of candidates as of right now.

I just don't see what job Josh would pick over ours lol

I'm also of the mindset that luck is fine and thinks they are keeping his status unknown til after the draft if teams have any doubt about him they may panic and think we could take a QB at 3 

I believe tomorrow in the interview Josh will be told luck is fine and will be 100% next year 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, Indeee said:

Are you mis-guided here? If McDaniels is hired the ONLY thing you would want is the Pats offensive scheme that should have always been in place here. The routes, design, everything would hands down have this offense 100% more efficient regardless of who is under center

Many teams have in the past have tried that theory, hoping bill's coaches  would bring them lightning in a bottle, pro and college and see where that got them. Every time the patriots get their coaches buzzard picked the pat's just replaces them and don't really miss a beat.

I, too, am worried about the whole KC connection. I absolutely agree that the GM/HC relationship has to be strong... 

However, I’m not passing on the best coach for the job because I knew a guy from previously working with him. That is not to say McDaniels is superior to Toub/Nagy, it’s just saying, that the specific connection should be far down the chart in importance, IMO.

20 hours ago, Shive said:

So you're saying that we should hire someone that has zero experience as our HC, because they haven't failed as a HC? That's insane... Either way it's a gamble and at the end of the day, you hire the guy you think would be the best HC for your team. Having HC experience, failing, learning from it, and trying again is actually one of the best scenarios you could ask for.

What's insane is doing the same thing over and over.

Just now, richard pallo said:

After tonights interview and Richards on Friday they could technically make him an offer over the weekend.  I highly doubt it's going to happen but if he nails the interview it's possible. 

If the interview goes well Irsay may not let McDaniels leave lol

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

If the interview goes well Irsay may not let McDaniels leave lol

I think I read we were flying out to meet with him in NE. Still would have to interview a minority canidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Coaching searches aren't typically like Free Agent signings. Teams usually use all their planned interviews.

7 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Correct, but when Andy Reid says that Matt Nagy is the best head coaching prospect he’s ever had, you kinda pay attention. :)

I also remember Andy Reid giving Ryan Grigson high praise! So wouldnt just buy into what Andy is saying!!