Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck to Address Media after Friday Practice

Steamboat_Shaun

I really hope is not just a boat load of optimism and he speaks the truth, new head coach, strong FA period, top 3 pick in the draft, and Luck participating in the whole offseason program. This would make for a very exciting 2018-2019 season, maybe the most excited i have been in little while.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading the transcript didn't make it seem all doom and gloom so I'm not sure how it can be taken negatively.

Stated he went to the Netherlands because his Dr and facilities are there. Same as a guy traveling to Dr Andrews in Alabama/Florida to do a procedure, only difference is that you cross an ocean to get there.

People travel for medical things all the time. 

To me he sounded like a guy frustrated he didn't play this year and tried to get it going and couldn't get his strength up to par which probably lead to him doubting himself and his recovery.

He'll be back, that didn't give any indication that he's broken and looking for voodoo cures around the globe.

European medicine is on par, if not better then what we have here.

I believe he will be back next year with no issues but I do believe there was certainly some doubt. There was a part where he was asked about the surgery itself and he paused and looked down at the ground for a few seconds and said that "some people never come back the same" and it told me that he knew the gravity of what he was going through. I can only imagine what he's gone through from not just a physical perspective but a mental one as well.

It will make his come back that much sweeter next year.

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

Where did I say he hated it here?  I just think he's creating more speculation for the fanbase.  If he was just going to the Netherlands to work with a trainer who could only do the training and rehab in the Netherlands or if he just wanted to get away and not be a distraction, he or the Colts could have put out a statement saying just that.  

I hope he's fine but this presser didn't really give me the warm and fuzzy that he is.  

Could that be you are just looking for something to be negative about?

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Could that be you are just looking for something to be negative about?

I am not the one who is looking or doubting anyone.

A persons medical conditions and who or where they get treatment is their personal business.

He don't have to give anyone a warm and fuzzy feeling does he?

As I have said a couple of hundred times none of this has surprised me! Having had 3 shoulder surgeries 2 on the throwing shoulder time  schedules with these types of injuries or hard plus then you have to break up scar tissue we've had a bad year but it may end up to be the best in the long run for this team Andrew will be super healthy lots of young guys played, we get a very high draft picks that if Ballard nails could set the Colts up for years to come!!

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not the one who is looking or doubting anyone.

A persons medical conditions and who or where they get treatment is their personal business.

He don't have to give anyone a warm and fuzzy feeling does he?

That was the point of the presser.  I’m just saying that I personally didn’t hear or see anything that led me to believe that he’s any closer to playing.

Some people got great vibes from the presser and that’s great and I’m not disagreeing with them or saying they are wrong. It just didn’t do that for me. 

6 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

That was the point of the presser.  I’m just saying that I personally didn’t hear or see anything that led me to believe that he’s any closer to playing.

Some people got great vibes from the presser and that’s great and I’m not disagreeing with them or saying they are wrong. It just didn’t do that for me. 

What would of? Remember who you are talking about. Luck is a really reserved guy. If he didn’t think he would be reday, he wouldn’t say it. 

There was not much information disclosed from this presser. 

The most telling was that he is rehabbing so that he can begin throwing. This is where we hit a snag last time. He isn’t throwing yet, so we will not know anything until he throws.

After he throws, he will know if he will require additional surgery or not. Nothing has changed from what we heard weeks earlier.

14 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

The most telling was that he is rehabbing so that he can begin throwing. This is where we hit a snag last time. He isn’t throwing yet, so we will not know anything until he throws.

After he throws, he will know if he will require additional surgery or not. Nothing has changed from what we heard weeks earlier.

Except it’s coming from him and he feels he won’t need surgery, and he plans on being ready for OTAs.  

Youre right, we really won’t know anything until he throws, but he sounds very optimistic.  

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Reading the transcript didn't make it seem all doom and gloom so I'm not sure how it can be taken negatively.

Stated he went to the Netherlands because his Dr and facilities are there. Same as a guy traveling to Dr Andrews in Alabama/Florida to do a procedure, only difference is that you cross an ocean to get there.

People travel for medical things all the time. 

To me he sounded like a guy frustrated he didn't play this year and tried to get it going and couldn't get his strength up to par which probably lead to him doubting himself and his recovery.

He'll be back, that didn't give any indication that he's broken and looking for voodoo cures around the globe.

European medicine is on par, if not better then what we have here.

He looks stronger than before looks as though he's been weight training. 

29 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

He pretty much said that there is still pain but it's gone down. Which tells me and everyone it's still a waiting game and hope. 

Seems like he is depressed.  He is a good at pressers and dealing with people so he covers it up well... but he seems sad.  Going from being the top pick and considered the greatest prospect since Elway, then his career going the way it has the last few seasons can do that to ya.  He appears to need football as much as the Colts need him.  

I have all the faith in the world that Andrew Luck will be comeback player of the year and in the hunt for MVP next year.  He is going to come back more determined than ever.  

57 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Agreed, he looked like he definitely had some atrophy early in the year. He looked skinny on the sidelines.

I'm hoping it was a lot of media fanning the flames that something was catastrophically wrong with him. Wouldn't be the first time.

But I agree I noticed that as well, his arms and neck/shoulder area definitely looked solid compared to September when he looked thin.

It’s what you like you to hear but given how the Colts have handled this a lot aren’t going to be statisfied until he’s back on the field.  It wouldnt be the first time someone from the Colts said expect to be ready and hope to not need surgery only to have it happen.  With that said clearly this is better than him saying “I am still not sure how I feel and I’ll know more once I start throwing in terms of where I go from there.”  

All we can do is hope things are indeed as hopeful as they sound from Luck today.

3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

It made me feel less optimistic because he was referring to his progress from therapy. If only 3 weeks ago that he was at his "all time low" then that worries me a bit. He had surgery almost 1 full year ago.

What do you think - he was following Irsay's diagnosis?  If it was a problem in the 4 inches between his ears, he would have gone to Vienna.

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

I thought that as well. Even looked up a pic from September for comparison. Side by side you can see he's got muscle tone coming back. I'd post them but I can't get pics to load for some reason

2 minutes ago, Tracy Denton said:

After watching, I think Irsay was right all along ! It is a mental thing and Luck seems a little embarrassed about it. When he gets 100% and confidence back I feel he will be a man on a mission, upgrade the OL and add another WR and that O will be lethal.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Self doubt after your first major surgery isn't uncommon

He really didn't have that much to say.  So why call a press conference?  I'm betting that the organization asked him to come home, and be here on this specific weekend.  Why?  First, because there's an almost certainty that coaches, plural, are going to be gone by Monday.  And the fans need some kind of "face of the franchise" to hang on to.  Second, if Ballard is going to entice a top notch coach to come here, he has to demonstrate that Luck will be playing next year.  Otherwise, good luck with that.

35 minutes ago, Tracy Denton said:

After watching, I think Irsay was right all along ! It is a mental thing and Luck seems a little embarrassed about it. When he gets 100% and confidence back I feel he will be a man on a mission, upgrade the OL and add another WR and that O will be lethal.

W...WH....What? You mean Irsay AND Andrew have been honest this whole time?

Get outta here......

:sip:

He said he had to get stronger he has, IMO based on how he looks, I would bet based on experience of these types of surgeries, he will be fine, he got stronger, because you lose ALL STRENGTH I mean ALL with this type of surgery! He probable had a platelet injection increase blood and healing to the injured area, stretched and broke up scar tissue. As far has the mental thing yea there is a mental hurdle like with any injury, you feel something, and you wonder if that normal, did I hurt it, was it fixed properly all normal. Once he gets back to throwing he will be fine and hes under NO PRESSURE or time table now. he will get his confidence back slowly and be fine, but he will need to be protected.

1 hour ago, Tracy Denton said:

Huh?

Luck says he had pain.    Now he says he had LESS pain.

How do you conclude that that is mental?!?

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm hoping whatever luck did in the Netherlands is legit league wise. Otherwise it could come to bite him in the butt

Oh yeah there is no physical therapist in the US of A. Dude is grasping at straws for magic solutions. Maybe Jim is right about it being mental.