Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will watson break passing td record in a game versus colts?

Stephen

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Bill O’ Brien will go mercy rule on Pagano after the first 6 by quarter 4 and start running his backups more. :) 

I'm trying to think back if we backed off with a huge lead in previous games.  Coaches don't forget.  O'Brien seems the type to let the scoreboard rock and roll and not worry about someone's feelings.  I'm thinking Brissett will not last the whole game.  I wonder what the Colts O-line is thinking watching tape of the Texan's D.  Does anyone who has watched their games have any grasp of if they are pretty good as in intimidating (Texan's D)?

4 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I'm trying to think back if we backed off with a huge lead in previous games.  Coaches don't forget.  O'Brien seems the type to let the scoreboard rock and roll and not worry about someone's feelings.  I'm thinking Brissett will not last the whole game.  I wonder what the Colts O-line is thinking watching tape of the Texan's D.  Does anyone who has watched their games have any grasp of if they are pretty good as in intimidating (Texan's D)?

Texans defense will allow some points, but they'll also get some sacks and force a turnover or two. O'Brien will also use Watson most of the game, though a lot of their games have been very competitive because of the Texans poor defense. It is possible they lead by 3 tds at halftime, and Watson gets removed in the 4th quarter.

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Texans defense will allow some points, but they'll also get some sacks and force a turnover or two. O'Brien will also use Watson most of the game, though a lot of their games have been very competitive because of the Texans poor defense. It is possible they lead by 3 tds at halftime, and Watson gets removed in the 4th quarter.

This is a much better report than I was expecting.  Thanks for that info.  I have not been able to watch any of their (Texans) games, this will be my first.

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

We rarely have enjoyed huge leads against Texans since the early David Carr days, IMO. Once Matt Schaub, AJ and Arian Foster were there, it was always a dog fight but Peyton and Dungy found ways to win.

I do know we have let up when we were up by 3 TDs early in the 4th qtr. several times during the record breaking year of Peyton's with 49 TDs i.e. 2004.

I just don't want to imagine how we're gonna defend when we're tired on D.

That's when I'm gonna freak out. He's gonna do some Russell Wilson running anytime we do get some pressure then we're dead because you know there will be a spot in the zone where there won't be a defender for 10 yards which will be a big run by him or a receiver in full stride heading for the end zone on a dart pass.

Note to self and everyone else, don't start thinking win if we happen to be up, you know the prevent D will show up along with some dumb offense. You know like when the screen works, don't do it again..