Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett is terrible

azcolt

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

He hangs onto the ball long (Luck does, too). 

With this O-line and the play-calling, we can't expect much from anyone back there.  Not that I'm defending Brissett; he had a bad game.

Weird.  Guys who play in vertical offenses "hold the ball too long".  Here is an idea...change the offense.

He's not terrible.  As others have said, he's essentially a rookie, playing on possibly the worst team in football.   What do you expect?

He's fine for a backup.  We got a backup QB for a receiver with 4 catches on the season, a WR who will probably be out of the league shortly.

32 minutes ago, TheEdgeis1 said:

Here’s a question, what traits are you guys seeing that shows he has promise, because I’m just not seeing any.  Yes his receivers did not help him that’s for sure.  But the serious lack of pocket presence, can’t feel pressure, not throwing the ball away, and turning the ball over in key situations.  You have to know when the game is on the line that you can not take a sack.

He has a big time arm.  The rest can be coached up.  

12 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Isn’t it obvious? He can’t play well for an entire game

He is also only been here 8 weeks.     He is basically a rookie that didn't have an off season and training camp.   I think he has played pretty well considering

56 minutes ago, azcolt said:

TY would have had at least 200 yards receiving with a good qb. Don’t believe it? Just ask the guy who folded up like a fan when he thought he was going to get hit over the middle.

Go get crushed 10 times the week prior and see of you don't act a little skittish.  Luck became the same way after halfway through his first season.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

He is also only been here 8 weeks.     He is basically a rookie that didn't have an off season and training camp.   I think he has played pretty well considering

:agree:     I'm not sure what everyone expects from him.   I see  potential in him.   

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He stared down the receiver the whole time, the defender knew when to time his jump.

Making that jump then catching it and running for a TD is a very good defensive play more than it is a QB making a mistake like making a poor throw that gets picked off.

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You also said he isn't capable of being a starter.   I disagree

I think he could be a starter but the better way to probably say what I think the other person was trying to get at is that he’s probably not going to be a guy like Luck you build a team around because they are that special.

37 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Brissett is also came from a offense that is the polar opposite of what the colts run.

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

TY would have had at least 200 yards receiving with a good qb. Don’t believe it? Just ask the guy who folded up like a fan when he thought he was going to get hit over the middle.

No, I don't believe that at all.  TY has been very inconsistent, even with Luck.  He's all or nothing. Often disappears against good teams.   Feast or famine.  He's not a true #1.  He's somewhere in the middle of a 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Brissett played well enough to win to an NFL game. I assume this thread is a dig at Hilton for being invisible most of the game.

No, many people on here refuse to dog Hilton, and act like nothing is his fault.  Nevermind the fact that he routinely disappears.  People should really check his game by game stats.  Yes, he led the league in yards last year.  However, among top receivers, he had more games under 50 yards than almost anyone that is considered "elite ".  He is not a true #1.  He gets the most yards because the rest of the WR corps sucks.  He is a good receiver, but not a #1.

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

Yeah.

TY had at least two passes today hit him dead center in his hands and he didn't catch them.

TY Hiltons stats for the last 3 games combined per JMV,

19 targets

5 receptions

8 drops

51 yards. 

But no, it's Jacoby's fault....... 

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Weird.  Guys who play in vertical offenses "hold the ball too long".  Here is an idea...change the offense.

It's debatable we even have an offense at times honestly. 

Chud can't be gone soon enough for me.

Terrible? No.  This coming from someone who hated everything about the trade and sees Brissett as nothing but another inflated NE backup.

Brissett has the same issues he had in NE, but here he has an ineplicably lower quality coaching staff, oline, and receivers.  

38 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah.

TY had at least two passes today hit him dead center in his hands and he didn't catch them.

TY Hiltons stats for the last 3 games combined per JMV,

19 targets

5 receptions

8 drops

51 yards. 

But no, it's Jacoby's fault....... 

I like JMV but I don't think hes right about 8 drops.